Re: Beacon disable

While the poll helped us see what the players think and shape our own priorities, it was just that, a poll, and wasn't meant to be taken as an exact binding development schedule.

The beacon rework was put forward because I felt that the 2 mechanics that this allowed us to turn off helped the game more than the actual new beacon mechanic will.

That's understandable, what I'm concerned about is how long will this take to design and implement, meaning how long the delay will be on the PVE field terminals arriving on Beta (with the taxation system for outposts & sectors) and the highway & teleport rework?

Honestly I'd rather have field terminals on Beta and a sensible teleport network, then some mechanic that makes me run 1 beacon at a time (meaning I'm better off farming a 4-star spawn on Alpha for money).

Naismith wrote:

very very long time already.

as have mission abuse, as have beacon abuse, as have macro mining. It goes on and on.

Put something robust in place for the future and do a wipe. It's time to prep for dustoff and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Zoom already said in the poll topic, that the poll will be used as a guide, not ruleset, if i remember that correctly (to lazy to check)

Static spawns will be removed too, when the time is ripe (actually, i see no reason why they could not be removed already from alpha. They interfere with the new mission system and their aggro system is broken.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Assets are meaningless.

Adding field terminals to Beta and building more incentives for people to play will help the game a lot more then wiping the server every time Jita has a boo-boo.

The whole point of these changes is to make Beta more valuable. Value is relative. If half the game has abused the mechanics to the point that they don’t need to do any PVE any more how are we ever going to get back to the point where Beta industry and mining and missioning happens again? Its that kind of asset generation with risk / asset generation prevention by PvP that drives gameplay.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Illiathos wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Actually this topic was started as a question about why beacons have been disabled and you all did a better job than I could on explaining it, so thanks.

And yes it was Jita who brought my attention to the mass Sequer suicides, and I still don't know exactly what was done, but it doesn't really matter anymore.

It explains why beacons were removed from gama, it doesnt explain why beacons were removed from alpha. I too feel beacon pits are bad for the game, but normal beacons on alpha?

If a Dev watches you and says your abusing the mechanics then your abusing the mechanics.

*** deal with it already.

He had more than 3 times to tell me why slopes are abuse of game mechanics. He chose to stay silent. Also, just because you are unwilling to play the game for some god knows what reason, you aren't justified to blame me for whatever the hell you want just because i have a NSE tag.

On the other not, DEV Zoom, please tell me if the above are against the TOS and abusing game mechanics (because if slopes are abusing, then is there anything that isnt abusing the game??):

having 15 accounts
mining liquids with 11 acounts
attacking npcs with 2 combats at the same time
healing and buffing the said combats
producing at gamma
owning a whole island with 5 active players
allying ourselves with players above 100 IQ
buying ice with NIC we get from missions
using 13 accounts to run a scarab army between islands
outfitting seths with machine guns - broken pve balance???
farming nora in gamma
and so on and so on...

Jita wrote:

The whole point of these changes is to make Beta more valuable. Value is relative. If half the game has abused the mechanics to the point that they don’t need to do any PVE any more how are we ever going to get back to the point where Beta industry and mining and missioning happens again? Its that kind of asset generation with risk / asset generation prevention by PvP that drives gameplay.

It's easy to talk big when you have all the research opened personally and in corp. Heck, if NSE and I had all the research open, I wouldn't care that much about beacons.

POINT IS: you have no use for kernels, you could care less about beacons. I still need kernels, so of course im furious. With the removal of VIABLE beacons and static spawns, am i suppose to attack roaming assaults with my seths to get a bunch of kernels that's gonna take me thousands of hours to fill up my research tree?

i'm not blaming you, he did. He said you were doing it on Alpha and 'you damn well know it'.

I quite like NSE, smacktalk aside. Its not your (or anyone elses) tags.

What are you even talking about?

Beta industry and mining has been and will be ongoing. Epriton doesn't magically appear out of thin air, although it might appear that way when you're botting 4-star spawns on Alpha and buying everything off the market.

5 days ago:

Jita wrote:

We have found a game we all find fun so that's where we are going. Its hard giving up on a game you have put so much in to but i just cannot understand the devs any more. That balance patch was so bad and to do nothing is incredible. The latest blog had some things that just show the entire dev team have never led a fleet. Never done Pvp regularly, never lived on beta, never done any of the key central things that make the game tick. Enough is enough.

Naismith wrote:

please don't delete the stuff that i made abusing and exploiting!

Ville wrote:

I actually told new recruited members to not donate to the corp.  They asked why?  I told them because once you have what our corp has we can fight 4 wars and still survive for a solid year losing 3 to 4 bots a day and not be freaking out.  It's when a corp reaches THAT point that the game is ***.

Ahh so that's your new agenda! lol

"Dear Dev Zoom, please wipe POE assets so they stop killing us"

Very noble indeed. lol

My 'agenda' has ALWAYS been a balanced fun game full of people to PvP against. That is why we are so often at odds. You want to abuse the mechanics to imbalance the game in your favour, oppose any change that might break the status quo and push for changes that entrench existing imbalance.

Yeah and you know what's funny Jita?  We haven't touched a beacon pit since gamma 1.0 .  That's why I complain about optimal ranges of npcs because I've only done them the painful way.  And it sucks.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Yeah and you know what's funny Jita?  We haven't touched a beacon pit since gamma 1.0 .  That's why I complain about optimal ranges of npcs because I've only done them the painful way.  And it sucks.

There are people in Joke who have done it in the past, its not about you or us its about a game that works and one that doesn't.

Jita wrote:

My 'agenda' has ALWAYS been a balanced fun game full of people to PvP against. That is why we are so often at odds. You want to abuse the mechanics to imbalance the game in your favour, oppose any change that might break the status quo and push for changes that entrench existing imbalance.

You can pretend this is some good-evil scripture from LOTR all you want, doesn't change the fact that my alliance have destroyed every coalition and alliance you ever assembled against us.

With more manpower, assets and a superior will to fight your only recourse has always been to badger Zoom to change the game so you have a chance.

If you were indeed after a balanced fun game full of people, you would have removed yourself and your toxicity from the equation a long time ago, not just 5 days ago.

Naismith wrote:

mouth frothing *** unhinged rambling

so your view as always is to not change anything, it's ok to keep doing beacons this way? Crazy.

93 (edited by Burial 2015-08-26 13:42:23)

Naismith wrote:

Stop spewing your agenda-pushing squid ink bullshit. Jita isn't the only one thinking a wipe is the only way to go.

Yes continue confirming what I've been saying... lol

Annihilatior can you clean this up?  We are in FD&R.  I think the point was conveyed.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

This whole thread needs nuking. It was a 'why can't I abuse beacons' from the beginning and got pimp slapped by Zoom the very first post.

Jita wrote:

This whole thread needs nuking. It was a 'why can't I abuse beacons' from the beginning and got pimp slapped by Zoom the very first post.

No, it was a 'why can't I legit farm beacons because you can't fix abusers'.

Which part of this are tpu having trouble with?

DEV Zoom wrote:

And you damn well know it because you did it too and I watched you do it.

Ok if it wasn't clear from my previous posts, the answer is we don't want you to farm beacons the way you did on alpha for simple game design reasons. What you did was not an exploit, but it is one of the reasons we are reworking it.