Topic: Beacon disable

Hey devs, if you're so scared of beacon pits, why not freaking disable beacons on just gamma?

No, you just had to disable them completely for everyone, including alpha. Because that's apparently your highest priority, not beta missions?

Now i understand why vets left the game.

*you can move this topic to a -hate the update, need to rant- thread*

Re: Beacon disable

The beacon tricks weren't only done on gammas, but on Alphas even, using mech beacons in slope holes where they couldn't get out. And you damn well know it because you did it too and I watched you do it.

3 (edited by Illiathos 2015-08-24 21:35:56)

That was done only to keep the mobs from moving around. They could teleport and they always attacked me at close (100m) distance. And lately, i've done it on horizontal terrain in shin. You know, because you watched me. And what was being exploited by that anyways?

And you very well know i dont need a slope to melt 3 stripers.

Beacons have never been meant as "Farming" feature, but as "Highrisk-Reward" encounters - group content.

maybe after 4 years they wil be revamped to reflect that...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Illiathos wrote:

That was done only to keep the mobs from moving around.

And by that you gained serious advantages because conveniently all your support bots were able to hide behind terrain, out of LoS of the NPCs.

Annihilator wrote:

Beacons have never been meant as "Farming" feature, but as "Highrisk-Reward" encounters - group content.

maybe after 4 years they wil be revamped to reflect that...

Well, there's nothing high risk with beacons as they are right not. 3 vets can easily dismember any beacon in the game.

But beyond that, i highly doubt tweaking the game here and there is more important than beta missions revamp. But then again, I'm not the DEV of the game.

I wish i could get back the wasted EP i spent on the support bots im never ever going to use again....

7 (edited by Illiathos 2015-08-24 21:45:13)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Illiathos wrote:

And by that you gained serious advantages because conveniently all your support bots were able to hide behind terrain, out of LoS of the NPCs.

Negative, you didn't watch closely enough. Whenever my support bot was targeted, NPCs teleported withing 0 meters of it. How is that out of LoS?

And again, I've farmed perfectly well in Shin on the platform. Direct LoS. Performance wasn't worse than before.

EDIT: I thought you added teleporting mobs to avoid the los issue?

together with the beacon deactivation, all the bandaid fixes for beacon exploits got disabled too.

npcs are not teleporting anymore, neither do they not drop loot if killed by their comrads AoE

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Yes, teleporting NPCs did more harm than good, e.g. making deployable walls obsolete.

Annihilator wrote:

together with the beacon deactivation, all the bandaid fixes for beacon exploits got disabled too.

npcs are not teleporting anymore, neither do they not drop loot if killed by their comrads AoE

Or you know, you could deactivate beacons on gamma. And the issue is fixed.

And if anyone thinks i need slope advantage for beacons, then please, reactivate beacons, observe me for 10 min and then reevaluate your opinion.

I just honestly can't say im happy with being forced to move seths all around the map to do beacons. All game balances aside, moving for 10 minutes to get a couple minutes of action is not enjoyable.

how many seth's are you talking about?

Annihilator wrote:

how many seth's are you talking about?

I personally use 2, but even with just one, i wouldnt want my game to consist of mostly moving from spot to spot.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Illiathos wrote:

Why are you spiting *** zoom you know damn well when an NPC gets aggro on something and doesn't have LOS it teleports.  So even if his support bots were out of sight once he pulled hate they'd teleport to him.  The only "Advantage" you get by putting a beacon on a slope on alpha is the fact that they don't move around so much.

Illiathos wrote:

Well, there's nothing high risk with beacons as they are right not. 3 vets can easily dismember any beacon in the game.

It is sometimes hard to find 3 vets playing this game. cool

Zoom vegetarian confirmed, hates bacon.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

17 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-08-25 02:14:45)

Beacons were an interesting idea poorly implemented.

But I do find Zooms new found zeal for how people have used beacons in the recent past highly hypocritical. Beacons have been abused for YEARS in ways that make any p*ssing around on alpha or beta laughable.

Beacons should have been fixed a few weeks after they came out. Like so many things that have been introduced into this game

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

If npcs didn't *** suicide on top of people they wouldn't be a huge need for pits or slopes.  No one wants to fight mobs point blank that's just bad mechanics.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Illiathos wrote:

I just honestly can't say im happy with being forced to move seths all around the map to do beacons. All game balances aside, moving for 10 minutes to get a couple minutes of action is not enjoyable.

Welcome to Perpetuum.  Here's your complementary lube.

This thread delivers.

I am Perpetuum.

I still have beacons to go through. sad

P.S.

Did you watch me and peanut do the NPC volcano near Moyar? big_smile

Naismith wrote:

I still have beacons to go through. sad

P.S.

Did you watch me and peanut do the NPC volcano near Moyar? big_smile

That i do need to see. big_smile

Still no bans?

24 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-08-25 12:49:47)

Burial wrote:

Still no bans?

Are you volunteering? Remember when STC popped 100s of beacons at once? YEAHH that was real game breaking exploiting.

Something you were very invloved with tongue

Also remember when the DEVs kindly moved ALL those exploited assets back to Alpha for the players base?
Another thing, who had the last Citadel fortress islands left? STC

Most of the games player base is guilty of exploiting some aspect of this game. If the DEVs handed out bans this game would have had no population years ago

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Burial wrote:

Still no bans?

Are you volunteering? Remember when STC popped 100s of beacons at once? YEAHH that was real game breaking exploiting.

Well, in the last 3 years I think Furity is the only person whose gotten characters banned from game don't exactly remember why, all I remember is that he did alot of dickish unessecery *** in 2013, but I'm pretty sure the only thing anyone has been banned for at all at this point is taking smacktalk too far ingame or on forums and those are not game bans.

And they have not banned for beacon exploiting or account sharing in like 4 years from my understanding so yeah.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.