Topic: Surprise! PVE - Follow Bot Aggro

Just cam back after a long hiatus and (Surprise!) immediately lost a Riveller-repper follow bot due to unexpected aggro.  I had my main combat bot set up with a buffer tank.  And based upon previous aggro rules, my follow bot had no active repping (really no tanking at all except for buffer tank/resists skills) cuz when I took my game-vacation, repping bots did not pull aggro.  Yesterday, my Rivel-repper pulled the whole field and died way faster than my Gropho could kill them off.

Anyway, I need help with build and strategy suggestions for main combat bot + repper follow bot combo.  If you have specific info for Gropho and Riveller combo, cool.  I'd be overjoyed with generic info too !

Maybe the answer is simple: build active tankage on both bots with DPS on the Gropho and remote repping on the Riveller.  But what happened was that the Riveller pulled THE WHOLE DAMN FIELD aggro !!!  So whatever tankage I build on it, it has to survive the fight until the Gropho can take out PVE attackers and/or until they disengage - which they did not do until the Riveller was a smoking wreck.

For example, one thing I thought was to use the Riveller as a "post fight repair bot" and put an active tank on the Gropho - a time saver between fights.  Or, have the aggro changes made follow bots essentially useless in PVE?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Re: Surprise! PVE - Follow Bot Aggro

Mrs Pickerel wrote:

Just cam back after a long hiatus and (Surprise!) immediately lost a Riveller-repper follow bot due to unexpected aggro.  I had my main combat bot set up with a buffer tank.  And based upon previous aggro rules, my follow bot had no active repping (really no tanking at all except for buffer tank/resists skills) cuz when I took my game-vacation, repping bots did not pull aggro.  Yesterday, my Rivel-repper pulled the whole field and died way faster than my Gropho could kill them off.

Anyway, I need help with build and strategy suggestions for main combat bot + repper follow bot combo.  If you have specific info for Gropho and Riveller combo, cool.  I'd be overjoyed with generic info too !

Maybe the answer is simple: build active tankage on both bots with DPS on the Gropho and remote repping on the Riveller.  But what happened was that the Riveller pulled THE WHOLE DAMN FIELD aggro !!!  So whatever tankage I build on it, it has to survive the fight until the Gropho can take out PVE attackers and/or until they disengage - which they did not do until the Riveller was a smoking wreck.

For example, one thing I thought was to use the Riveller as a "post fight repair bot" and put an active tank on the Gropho - a time saver between fights.  Or, have the aggro changes made follow bots essentially useless in PVE?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Its basically the exact opposite now (but just as broken).

Give your combat bot max damae and a little local tank, give your rep bot max tank and provided you can keeop locking and activating a remote moduile the npc's will ignore you and hit your rep bot only.

That said, don't bother. Missions are much more lucrative.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

3 (edited by Ville 2015-08-10 16:35:22)

I am very disappointed with the npc mechanics atm.

With a gropho, I have one suggestion for your build.  It's a bulk suggestion.

First you need to get credits, get a lot, about $30 worth.  Downgrade anything you have to do with pellistal.  Because trying to use a gropho to overcome no repair bonus, a worthless shield bonus in PVE applications and laughable resists is next to impossible.  Then take your new EP and put it in Theolidical and then kinematics.  Use a machine gun Seth MK2 and put an active tank on it, and ERP versus the color you wish to fight.  Make sure you have atleast 5 ECCMs in your head slot so you can negate the fact that EVERY NPC has some more of Ewar and being jammed every 3 seconds is normal game play.  Then after you do that.  Stop farming npcs and go do transport missions.  More NIC per hour without the risk.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

- snip - Then take your new EP and put it in Theolidical and then kinematics.  Use a machine gun Seth MK2 and put an active tank on it - snip - .

Ville, okay, color me stupid, but I don't see any significant difference in firepower or resists between Gropho and Seth.  The resists are the same magnitude although different, meaning to build a rat specific tank would involve equivalent but different vulnerabilities/strengths.

So before I drop the real cash and spend the in-game currency to buy a Seth MkII, can you explain how a machine gun Seth is better ?

I don't doubt your wisdom, I just don't see how the Seth is better after reviewing base stats and potential buffages.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Best thing you can do, is load up the test server and try it out there.

Theorycrafting is one thing, but seeing it for yourself in practice is a whole other deal.

Mrs Pickerel wrote:

Ville, okay, color me stupid, but I don't see any significant difference in firepower or resists between Gropho and Seth.  The resists are the same magnitude although different, meaning to build a rat specific tank would involve equivalent but different vulnerabilities/strengths.

So before I drop the real cash and spend the in-game currency to buy a Seth MkII, can you explain how a machine gun Seth is better ?

I don't doubt your wisdom, I just don't see how the Seth is better after reviewing base stats and potential buffages.  Thanks in advance for your help!

its rather simple - the seth mk2 has much more firepower no matter which weapon system you fit on it. Missiles already have significant less DPS then any other weapons system, (just caculate the DPS).
Ontop of that, seth has the increased crit chance

but is it worth investing Real money to jumpt to the flavor of the year mech that will be nerfed into oblivion anyway soon?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Mrs Pickerel wrote:

its rather simple - the seth mk2 has much more firepower no matter which weapon system you fit on it. Missiles already have significant less DPS then any other weapons system, (just caculate the DPS).
Ontop of that, seth has the increased crit chance

but is it worth investing Real money to jumpt to the flavor of the year mech that will be nerfed into oblivion anyway soon?

Given that they have still done NOTHING about the terrible awful travesty of a 'balance' patch what makes you think that the seth is changing? You would get a faster reaction time out of a coma victim. The Devs are just horrible at this.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."