1 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-08 16:39:02)

Topic: The question of more Mech models- How can we make it happen?

Like these :

bots

more bots

..and more

So what will it take to make them and what are the issues involved?

Could the playerbase do a crowd funding/ kickstater project and donate it to the Developers, if so how much $$?

Is it really an issue with power creep or balancing that worries the devs?

We can only dream because THIS CONTENT will get loads of old players back full time including myself.

RIP PERPETUUM

2 (edited by Burial 2015-07-08 16:43:13)

Re: The question of more Mech models- How can we make it happen?

Have the models been made or are they still in the concept phase?

// http://imgur.com/tufAWUs Something looks awfully familiar. big_smile

Amen.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

i can tell you what the issues are, mostly:
1. modeling somethign (easy)
2. modeling something ready for a game (some are talented for that)
3. texturing (most fail at that)
that was the easy part, now the tricky ones:

4. animating the bots, always compatible with the existing external modules (weapons and such)
5. porting all that into the game, fix glitches
6. DEV Alf

;D

the later three points are especially hard for something like the shiva concept.

to anser the topics main question:
how can we make it happen?

CRM/BoyC coding an API that creates compatibility with industry standards, so the game accepts fully textured, rigged and optimized Models straight from 3DsMax or Maya, without much need for tweaking within the game engine.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-08 19:08:34)

If I remember correctly one of the biggest issue is hiding these bots behind plants/object is going to look laughable as the, bigger than 1 tile wide bots (with current mechanics) can block hits behind plants.

So does that mean, the game needs a complete overhaul of terrian mechanics.?

If so, how much money do we need to throw at all these problems Devs.?

Taking all these programming issue aside what is to stop someone from creating a crowd funding project to help sort this out?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

If I remember correctly one of the biggest issue is hiding these bots behind plants/object is going to look laughable as the, bigger than 1 tile wide bots (with current mechanics) can block hits behind plants.

So does that mean, the game needs a complete overhaul of terrian mechanics.?

If so, how much money do we need to throw at all these problems Devs.?

Taking all these programming issue aside what is to stop someone from creating a crowd funding project to help sort this out?

If you could ever get them to cough up a number it would take for a new set of mechs or heavies I'd have done it already. They seem averse to taking money for content. I guess they must all be personally wealthy and not like money.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

money does not code...
nor can you buy someone with knowledge about the game with money, without having him learn it for half a year.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

money does not code...
nor can you buy someone with knowledge about the game with money, without having him learn it for half a year.

Yes but maybe you buy the people who do the mundane things and move your advanced coders to advanced objects.  Like manually adding highways and teleports.  That's intern work there Anni!

Annihilator wrote:

money does not code...

If that is what it takes, then they need to do that, or are we supposed to go along with the small variety of bots until the game dies.

You need to build the game for the future or are we going round in circles balancing stuff all the time?  We can't do X or Y because, not enough developers. How can that create any confidence on the player base.

RIP PERPETUUM

Admittedly, the mission revamp is a great step.  I truly believe with solid missions the pve aspect will be stimulated.  but ONLY with a nice syndicate shop so players have a reason to do missions when they are max levels.  Because the grind is only worth the reward.

11 (edited by Altera 2015-07-08 20:31:21)

The DEV team has not told us of their business plan or their development plan for the game (maybe they should, maybe they shouldn't).
I do recall a post that alluded to the fact that the 3d coding is done on an outdated development standard. So I am not sure if AC wants to dump more work into bots on the old engine or what until a new game engine is done (which at the rate of other development, that could be a very long time away).
Either way, I think their time is consumed already with trying to get the over due Alpha 2 PvE update out, then beta PvE updates, then maybe the syndicate shop and pink bots for all who can afford them??

always keep in mind, the game is 2.5D... not 3D.

highway painting is not even "intern" work these days - its applied math. or at least it should be.
Zoom's answer indicates that he still draws them manually, but with more refined tools. (from my perspective, it looks like he can now draw lines, not only single pixels aka tiles)

The hell with this engine: get a proper engine, start from scratch https://unity3d.com/

What indie developer uses there own engine these days anyways.

RIP PERPETUUM

Unreal Engine 4, yo. Full source code. big_smile Making the client work there shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Annihilator wrote:

always keep in mind, the game is 2.5D... not 3D.

highway painting is not even "intern" work these days - its applied math. or at least it should be.
Zoom's answer indicates that he still draws them manually, but with more refined tools. (from my perspective, it looks like he can now draw lines, not only single pixels aka tiles)

I gotta say, when it comes to this ***.

Your the guy to go to, all but the Dev's ofc.

I am Perpetuum.

I look forward to the day with new bots and modules.

and here i was gonna come to the forums to ask "why no new bots after this long?" and i find this. Still. my question stands.