Topic: Aircraft?

Since there is already one "flying" robot, i wonder if there'a possibility to more of them in the future. But with actual flying capabilities.

The exsisting robots may be able to switch to "flying" mode, along with the other modes mentioned earlier. For faster travel, and for tactical deployment of squads (see "Battle Engine Aquilla" game, something like that). In this mode they'll lose some DPS and tanking due to energy rearrangment and hull transformations, so it'll be possible to intercept them from the ground, or to have air-air combat on impassable terrain such as water or mountains. But not that simple, because...

Of course, it'll be fun to have a special robot class which is good in the air, but vulnerable on the ground. Or average in both. Gunships, bombers, for bases.

And a special turrets and ammo for ground-air combat. Those turrets will be easier to destroy from the ground and maybe after that call for the air support smile

The altitude of flying bot will be controlled automaticly, i think. In client, visually, so it won't fly through objects. For the server it might be like any other bot, but with high terrain passability.

So... Is it nonsence from a newbie, or it's possible someday? smile

Re: Aircraft?

Yea, with all the extra man power they have, we could have sea war to, and call it.  World of Perpetuum.

I don't think the name is taken, yet.

I am Perpetuum.

we don't have a flying robot

its just a robot visually floating a few meters above ground.

its not even fully animated, as its "legs" do never touch the ground, and the whole robots "animation" set is still the one of the blue light ewar bot.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

the down side of having a game that is really 2.5D

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

2.4387D

Hungarian Math Duh.

I am Perpetuum.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

the down side of having a game that is really 2.5D

regarding that, its actually pure 2D.

2.5 D would allow to have multiple "passable terrain" layers.
actually, since the implementation of the scarab, i have never understood why they could not use the same data that is used for LoS calculations for the colission detection of "floater".

any plant on terrain must have an hight-override to block LoS.
Non-"plant" based decorational buildings have a that override manually added to the terrain where they "block travel"

The passable terrain data for a floater could be generated with that additional data, to allow them float over plants that are not to high for them. (like triandlus and prismo are not as high as helioptris or most trees)

after all, slope restrictions are calculated on demand already, why can't there be a different calculations for that exception "glider" ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear