Re: EnWar Crit Chance

It's not insane to disagree with you. I guess what I was pointing out is that your argument sounded very much like 'if I can't have it nobody can'. Do you have a reason why you think crit for guns and missiles is bad?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

It's not insane to disagree with you. I guess what I was pointing out is that your argument sounded very much like 'if I can't have it nobody can'. Do you have a reason why you think crit for guns and missiles is bad?

Yes, it creates an imbalance between damage and the other systems of pvp and pve - healing and EW. Also,  there is a luck factor involved. I dont like luck, I like skill. But most importantly, damage gets a boost while the others dont. Also a reason for so many damage bots in pvp.

ohh, you don't like dice rolls

sorry, but repairs and neuts do exactly the same thing every cycle since the beginning

weapons do a delta of 10% in each direction on every shot since the beginning.

and if you really want to boost your repairs... then actually fit for it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Illiathos wrote:
Merkle wrote:

I would tend to agree with Line.  The way of balancing is not to add in a diceroll, or RNG element to EnWar, but rather to take a second look and do some tweaking where is needed.

Then we dont need crit chance whatsoever. Not even on weapons.

Then you have missed what I am attempting to convey.

This would need to be fixed first, EI removal.  Then re-balance EnWar, with the idea of critial's in mind.

Currently all weapons are balanced around the same principal.  As with what Anni stated.  This is within what the Dev's have designed, however the current crits with "other mods" are not suppose to be happening.

Now speaking on game mechanics particular.  The addition of crits to certain mods can really throw the game out of balance quite fast.  Reason being, specifically, with higher numbers (1500 on neuts) begot higher crits (2000 crits).

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13