Topic: Rework mining

Nobody enjoys mining.

Nobody enjoys the actual process of selecting a tile, waiting until a mining laser finishes cycling on it, then lock another tile and move the laser. Repeat for 5 lasers. Repeat ad nauseum for all non-liquid mining.

Redesign the whole mechanic, it's the bleeding sore of industry.

Re: Rework mining

Naismith wrote:

Nobody enjoys mining.

Nobody enjoys the actual process of selecting a tile, waiting until a mining laser finishes cycling on it, then lock another tile and move the laser. Repeat for 5 lasers. Repeat ad nauseum for all non-liquid mining.

Redesign the whole mechanic, it's the bleeding sore of industry.

You know, I actually do kind of enjoy it. In eve it makes me want to die but not so much here. Scanning for ore is *** annoying but meh, different strokes for different folks.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I enjoy mining liquids.

Solids are just too much hassle for too little gain.

I enjoy liquids. But I cant be arsed to do solids.

Fantastic idea!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

6 (edited by Inda 2015-07-31 19:10:47)

+1

ROFL

Syndic are you serious? How many time we asked that? 100 or more? Cleare DEVs dont see that as a problem.

anyway +9000

(I would see: static deployabel automatic miners, you have to haul to the ore location and it slowly working, until the cargo is filled, so you have to go back with a hauler and bring back to terminal.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Dear Inda,

Keep asking.

Whats wrong with the mining?
Im only doing liquids and buy the rest cause its boring yarr
Ohh wait tongue

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

well, i have stopped mining for the market when they allowed decimals,
and stopped doing any mining + industry when they made that silly commodity revamp.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

"enjoying liquid mining" = its a good mechanic cuz it allows for AFK mining? fuuu

Baal wrote:

"enjoying liquid mining" = its a good mechanic cuz it allows for AFK mining? fuuu

It offers mining without having to click something every 5 seconds. And if you mean AFK mining in terms of sequers and scarabs, let me immediately tell you that is jack. I can probably make more money with my rivelers mining in an hour than your afk miners in a month.

Illiathos wrote:
Baal wrote:

It offers mining without having to click something every 5 seconds. And if you mean AFK mining in terms of sequers and scarabs, let me immediately tell you that is jack. I can probably make more money with my rivelers mining in an hour than your afk miners in a month.

The only thing you have to click every five seconds for is titan unless your putting all mining arms on the same tile (don't). Even then its only on crappy alpha spawns.

If you want to complain about horrible resource gathering then why not harvesting? Are you gonna tell me that harvesting is preferable to mining?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Illiathos wrote:
Baal wrote:

The only thing you have to click every five seconds for is titan unless your putting all mining arms on the same tile (don't). Even then its only on crappy alpha spawns.

If you want to complain about horrible resource gathering then why not harvesting? Are you gonna tell me that harvesting is preferable to mining?

Harvesting can even be worse. I'm saying that when you put all 5 lasers from the riv to each own tile, you never know when the tile empties. You click a lot. Multiply that by 2 to 3 accounts and you're going crazy.

I dont even attempt to do that with my 11 minions. I cant even imagine the pain id have to go through.

the is not intended to be "confortable" to handle with more then one account.
That argument is kinda moot, and if anything, a PRO for the existing system.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Make Mining and Harvesting AOE?

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Annihilator wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

17 (edited by Illiathos 2015-07-31 21:21:12)

Annihilator wrote:

The game is not "coMfortable" to handle without more thAn one account.

And what makes you think its decent on the one account folks?
And do you know how many folks have only one account?
And how much market share/wealth/influence they have?

Merkle wrote:

Make Mining and Harvesting AOE?

Much better.

Mining has been the same since release, every other mechanic has been revamped or outright redesigned since then.

When we were recruiting during steam influx, POE had huge attrition of players quitting due to mind-numbing boring mining. It's still a running joke to send a new member someone doesn't like to go harvest 200M triandlus. They never come back, it's a one-way ticket.

20 (edited by Annihilator 2015-08-01 00:19:34)

now your making things up for th sake of having an argument:

Naismith wrote:

Mining has been the same since release, every other mechanic has been revamped or outright redesigned since then.

well, the mining process has not been revamped, as such, "most other mechancis" haven't been touched either, but the mining system was revamped several times (geoscanning, how mineral spawn, how much your get per cycle was fundamentally changed)

edit: actually, i would say, aside from shield mechanics, no other mechanic has been changed as often as mining...

Annihilator wrote:

Naismith wrote:

well, the mining process has not been revamped, as such, "most other mechancis" haven't been touched either, but the mining system was revamped several times (geoscanning, how mineral spawn, how much your get per cycle was fundamentally changed)

edit: actually, i would say, aside from shield mechanics, no other mechanic has been changed as often as mining...

Shields were changed when thay made shield boosters passive. Still, that doesn't make mining process less boring.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

22 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-08-01 09:16:54)

Annihilator wrote:

Naismith wrote:

Stupid comment made by " Non-Miner."

I do it everyday and harvesting is loads more fun than mining. I stopped mining in great quantities when you had to search for fields. Since I only have 30 min or so to play fu*k searching for a min field unless I logged out on one. STUPID mechanic and the person who thought of it is a dumba**

+1 to revamping the whole thing.

Aye Pod wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Naismith wrote:

Stupid comment made by " Non-Miner."

I do it everyday and harvesting is loads more fun than mining. I stopped mining in great quantities when you had to search for fields. Since I only have 30 min or so to play fu*k searching for a min field unless I logged out on one. STUPID mechanic and the person who thought of it is a dumba**

+1 to revamping the whole thing.

Your a non miner too, if you only have 30 min to, well Mine.
Stupid comment made by a ***.  No quotes needed, just ***.

I am Perpetuum.

How about this for a re-work (from a miner):

• Fields of the same total ore but with 20 tiles instead of 200.

• Directional scanning still works as now but resource fields are visible on terrain by tinging it a different colour for each resource type. Not bright pink or anything silly, a subtle tinge.

• Scanner reveals precise resource remaining per tile. Area charges reveal total across all tiles.

• All fields are of mixed type resources but each tile has only one resource type.

• No plants grow on a resource field.

• New laser type which extracts resources without charges. Existing laser type with charges is rebalanced such that only 3 can be fitted to a Riv (4 if you compromise the fit slightly) but extracts more than 6 of lesser lasers, Riv can fit 6 lasers, not 5.

• All mining bots receive special cargo area exclusively for resources.

• Harvesting lasers can have targets queued so they automatically switch. Extension determines queue length.

There's a few ideas to chew on.

Perpetuum wrote:

Your a non miner too, if you only have 30 min to, well Mine.
Stupid comment made by a ***.  No quotes needed, just ***.

What happened, you miss your bus again? Told you to stop droolin at the tree you dmb F***!