Topic: EnWar Crit Chance

Mr. Zoom Why did you take out the crit chance for EnWar.  IS this supposed to be the way it's supposed to be?  If it is can you refund me all the points i put into EnWar.  Because if that were the case i would not have put that much EP into what i could consider a useless skill now.

Re: EnWar Crit Chance

EnWar never had critical chance.

Maybe you're talking about this bug:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … al-chance/

As long as I've been playing it had a crit chance.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

That's great but we don't have code that would do it smile

Can you make some that does?

for what? to boost neut seth's even more?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

For everything: heals, damage and enwar

12:41:44] Rovoc > 1336.72 AP neutralized > Fuddmann
[12:41:44] Rovoc > 2005.08 AP neutralized > Fuddmann
[12:41:44] Rovoc > 668.36 AP neutralized > Fuddmann
[12:41:44] Rovoc > 668.36 AP neutralized > Fuddmann

And not this was not adding them up like how you previously though in that other forum post.  I didn't post anything in that post cause you were talking about energy transfers.  I dumped a ton of EP into these skills making this viable, now that you took that away this killed the fact of me using them again.  That being said why can't EnWar have a crit-chance?

Ville wrote:

For everything: heals, damage and enwar

Seconded. Everything should have a crit chance.

And to Zoom, if i gained a cent every time i crit on repairs, I would probably have so many accounts i wouldnt be able to fit em in a corp.

Again, we didn't take anything away. What you saw in those combat logs were not true numbers. Though I admit I didn't know that this bug has been fixed.

Critical hits are only those where the combat log clearly states "critical hit".

DEV Zoom wrote:

Again, we didn't take anything away. What you saw in those combat logs were not true numbers. Though I admit I didn't know that this bug has been fixed.

Critical hits are only those where the combat log clearly states "critical hit".

I have to disagree, at least on repairs. Sometimes i repaired my seths for 20%, the other times by as much as 35-40%. I could be a display bug for enwar, but it definitely isnt for repairs.

Illiathos wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

I have to disagree, at least on repairs. Sometimes i repaired my seths for 20%, the other times by as much as 35-40%. I could be a display bug for enwar, but it definitely isnt for repairs.

The way I interrupted Zooms post was "it doesn't say critical hit, but sometimes it behaves in a manner that is a critical hit".  Or did I read that wrong?

DEV Zoom wrote:

We tested it and i don't know if you wanna call them Crit chances but the amount transferred or neuted were definitely increased.  Do you plan on doing anything about it or are things going to stay the way it is?

just move your neut Seth into the same hanger as all my ictus bots ;(

Rovoc wrote:

We tested it and i don't know if you wanna call them Crit chances but the amount transferred or neuted were definitely increased.  Do you plan on doing anything about it or are things going to stay the way it is?

So Illiathos says this doesn't happen anymore, and you say it still does?

Rovoc wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Considering he said that if it was like that it was broken, I think you have your answer.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Illiathos hasnt played in months, last time i brought the neuts out it didn't crit

Armor repping doesnt crit or increase anymore, my bad. Still, that was a d i ck move, AC. Why do you allow only damage to crit? I fail to see that logic

Ville wrote:
Illiathos wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

The way I interrupted Zooms post was "it doesn't say critical hit, but sometimes it behaves in a manner that is a critical hit".  Or did I read that wrong?

That is correct. Sometimes, i had a couple triple crits and my seth was repaired by 2 volleys.

DEV Zoom wrote:

That's great but we don't have code that would do it smile

Ville wrote:

Can you make some that does?

Best two posts!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Why don't we just make all the combats diceroll-based then?

NO for non-gunz crits

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I would tend to agree with Line.  The way of balancing is not to add in a diceroll, or RNG element to EnWar, but rather to take a second look and do some tweaking where is needed.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

I would tend to agree with Line.  The way of balancing is not to add in a diceroll, or RNG element to EnWar, but rather to take a second look and do some tweaking where is needed.

Then we dont need crit chance whatsoever. Not even on weapons.

Illiathos wrote:
Merkle wrote:

Because you can't keep using a bug you didn't report, let's Nerf a perfectly working game mechanic! Your funny.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

25 (edited by Illiathos 2015-07-31 21:42:15)

Jita wrote:
Illiathos wrote:
Merkle wrote:

Because you can't keep using a bug you didn't report, let's Nerf a perfectly working game mechanic! Your funny.

My logi bot is OP as it is, havent you seen me solo 3 stripers? oh right, you werent online...
Refuting my argument solely because i believe all torso/turrets should have a crit is insane.

EDIT: or no crit for anything.