Topic: Windows 10 -> any issues with perp to expect?

I consider upgrading to win10 within the first half year after release (after upgrade hotfixes) -> has anyone tested already how well perp runs on the beta version?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

2 (edited by Celebro 2015-06-02 22:19:05)

Re: Windows 10 -> any issues with perp to expect?

Should be fine after 6 months when bugs and compatibility are ironed out, I doubt you will get any issues, perp  runs fine on 8.1, 10 is not much different aside from a better UI.

I would watch out for this free upgrade, heard something about advertising that could come and haunt you later, and home editions not supporting manual updates settings.

Edit: On the get windows 10 window top left tab there is an option to scan computer seems my system is hardware and application ready so i really don't see an issue.

RIP PERPETUUM

because installing new OS immediately is such a bright idea

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Annihilator wrote:

I consider upgrading to win10 within the first half year after release (after upgrade hotfixes) -> has anyone tested already how well perp runs on the beta version?

Works fine

Rage Blackout wrote:

because installing new OS immediately is such a bright idea

Didnt read op.  Still bitter over something....

I am Perpetuum.

Tonnik wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Works fine

thanks - any impact on the number of clients?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

now, who has upgraded already? big_smile

Been using it since the Insider Preview was released. No issues so far.

9 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-29 17:37:08)

Does it ask you for a product key during upgrade because 'I lost mine'?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Does it ask you for a product key during upgrade because 'I lost mine'?

win+pause
key combo

somewhere during all those news about win10 they also mentioned something about "allowing illigal copies of win7/8.1" to upgrade to a full win10 for free.

Annihilator wrote:

now, who has upgraded already? big_smile

I did. No problems so far wink

I can confirm Perp and all my other games are working fine so far.

Btw the new web browser is a good surprise.

I speak broken English.

13 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-30 15:23:50)

Leary wrote:

I can confirm Perp and all my other games are working fine so far.

Btw the new web browser is a good surprise.

A little too late, still it's just another version of IE. M$ have been idle on new ideas and bad decisions for the last decade whilst others of the like's of Google and Apple have taken the mobile market by storm. Windows 10 should have been free for everyone not just a 'free upgrade', they just don't get how to monopolizing their situation. Nobody else is even charging for operating systems anymore that they had to give windows for free on the Mobile sector to compete with others on pricing.

M$ is still 10 years behind on vision and business model, now they are trying to change but slightly, giving a free upgrade to customers. If I was not trapped in this Directx hell for my gaming needs, I would be using Linux right now.

RIP PERPETUUM

14 (edited by Leary 2015-07-30 17:24:32)

Windows has always been a gaming OS for me, I use GNU/Linux distros for everything else.

But Edge is working fine, I will probably still use Firefox because of add-ons but it's fast and sober. A nice improvement over IE I think.

I speak broken English.

so, after a few days, the issues crystalize:

if you want to use the free "upgrade", then you really have to do it as such. doing a "clean install" requires a valid key, that is only generated if you do the upgrade first.

thats just as a warning.

I will still wait a few month before upgrading.