Re: Syndicate robots(discussion)

no eve names pls -_-

but otherwise nice post smile

Robophiliac wrote:

I like Ville's idea of ERP onboard as well and it could be turned into a robot bonus. You could make it 2-3% per level of adv. robotics to all damage types. A T4 ERP converts 70/30/15/15 for 130 across all 4. 30% ERP effect verse all damage types would be 120. The specific numbers could be debated. However the bot would not be allowed to equip an ERP module. It trades the always on ability for the better results the others get by equipping damage type specific ERPs.

I think a robot Mech DPS firearms that is PURE Tank with bonuses to ERP would be effective in not only PVE but PVP doing dual duties.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

28 (edited by Robophiliac 2015-07-26 20:57:37)

DEV Zoom wrote:

no eve names pls -_-

but otherwise nice post smile

I didn't/don't play eve. I was thinking a mythical creature that flings projectiles from its tail would be a good name. sad

Edit: grammar

Edit again: So Dev Zoom will firearms work on a Gropho chassis? If not for whatever reason my build above is just a combat Symbiont. yarr

I like how you're calling it... Syndic ate robots. lol

30 (edited by Robophiliac 2015-07-26 22:35:38)

Ville wrote:
Robophiliac wrote:

I like Ville's idea of ERP onboard as well and it could be turned into a robot bonus. You could make it 2-3% per level of adv. robotics to all damage types. A T4 ERP converts 70/30/15/15 for 130 across all 4. 30% ERP effect verse all damage types would be 120. The specific numbers could be debated. However the bot would not be allowed to equip an ERP module. It trades the always on ability for the better results the others get by equipping damage type specific ERPs.

I think a robot Mech DPS firearms that is PURE Tank with bonuses to ERP would be effective in not only PVE but PVP doing dual duties.

Honestly I think if it just had an ERP bonus effecting the module it might be too good. A Seth with ERP/rep & firearm combo is already very effective. Firearms are also already good DPS, just adding a faction weapon damage bonus would make this bot better than that Seth with the same build. If possible to add, I think the always on approach would be easier to balance for this specific build since you can then cap the phantom ERP's max effectiveness and not effect ERPs on other bots.

For robot bonuses off adv robotics I'm thinking:
1. Firearms faction damage bonus though not as much as the other factions
2. "Phantom ERP"
3. Hit Dispersion reduction
4. Crit chance or accu regen time- crit chance blends well with lower alpha damage & fast cycle times, but if you don't want to step on the Seth's crit bonus advantage then I think accu regen speed would go well with the "Phantom ERP" idea.

Edit: Slots-
Are you wanting MK1 & MK2 like currently. or should these be stand alone? Either works for me and I could see the Devs working MK2 variants into the planned artifact revamp. Maybe not directly but in keeping them Syndicate store only they might require something gathered by doing the missions involving artifacting.
Head- 5 if MK1/2, 6 if stand alone
Torso- 6
Leg- 4 if MK1/2, 5 if stand alone
6/6/5 would make it a slight step between a current Seth MK1 & MK2. The head slots of the MK2 with the legs of the MK1.

Zoom, is it possible to let us mix and match uppers and lowers on the test server so we can get a idea of the looks of the possibility?

Or could you do it for us and post some pictures?

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Zoom, is it possible to let us mix and match uppers and lowers on the test server so we can get a idea of the looks of the possibility?

Or could you do it for us and post some pictures?

+1

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Merkle wrote:

We need to do a new tool for this anyway because the current one is a quick hack from years ago. I'll see to it that this gets into the test client too in some way.

What will happen the hower class? Should we use for this Syn robot or not? I would love to see hower light ew's.

I like the less accumulator that also works for ERP.

Do we intent to do another Industrial class also?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

things i like to see:

- a bot for high dps but low tank

- a bot good for erp use. (since the robot changes erps is not realy usefull especially because of the repair reduction)

the only thing i want to see, is this:
http://imgur.com/MLXHnEf

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

That looks amazing.

Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

That looks amazing.

yeah, but not possible sad

the lithus base was scaled up for this, which means, this robot would need a few lines or code to be implemented without clipping issues.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Honestly I'd just like to use the same models with different names and different roles.

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

That looks amazing.

yeah, but not possible sad

the lithus base was scaled up for this, which means, this robot would need a few lines or code to be implemented without clipping issues.

well you could scale the turret down instead of the base up...

and i realy like the lithus base... just the ting that it would need a new torso to look good. the existing heavy mech bodies will look crap...

Annihilator wrote:

I love how everything is just a few lines of code in your mind big_smile Couldn't be further from the truth actually.

43 (edited by Annihilator 2015-07-28 13:05:40)

Zortarg wrote:

well you could scale the turret down instead of the base up...

then the weapons would not fit anymore, and the lithus' rigged suspension wouldn't come into play (i wonder if that is actually ingame)

as far as i can tell, coding a 1-tile "grow" zone around every impassable terrain tile would be 500 times easier to code for them, then scaling down body parts with external module (aka weapon) slots.

given that DEV Zoom's and exDEV melchior's statments regarding the diffulty of implementing this differ like night and day: one says nearly impossible, the other one says "copy&paste and change a number" (disclaimer: short version!)

given the last conversation i had with zoom ingame about the possiblity about this mech, it makes me wonder WHO THE HELL did the change to the waspish with the medium Missile slots.

Ville wrote:

Honestly I'd just like to use the same models with different names and different roles.

+1000

Wtf are we bastardising the graphics for when we haven't scratched the surface of the current models. Nuts.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

+1000

Wtf are we bastardising the graphics for when we haven't scratched the surface of the current models. Nuts.

remember, up to now, the only way they had to make the look different, was the color.
with the implementation of "custom colors", the only difference between robots will be their name in the bot-type landmark column.

not that it matters for any bot except your own (i can hardly see any details of an opponent that is more then 100m away) or within a blob of 20-50 overlapping HUD elements

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

+1000

remember, up to now, the only way they had to make the look different, was the color.
with the implementation of "custom colors", the only difference between robots will be their name in the bot-type landmark column.

not that it matters for any bot except your own (i can hardly see any details of an opponent that is more then 100m away) or within a blob of 20-50 overlapping HUD elements

None of that matters though, most people see mech polygons ffs. What matters is creating different content from a tier point of view.

Eve for instance uses the same model for as many as 8 different ships of which 4 are completely different from a slot layout and bonus perspective. That would work so much better than adding an extra tier.

It would also create ep sinks - a much needed addition especially as people are more likely to buy credits.

Imagine assault mechs, assault ewar mechs etc all with a new skill to train, no research to do, new protoypea to make.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:

+1000

None of that matters though, most people see mech polygons ffs. What matters is creating different content from a tier point of view.

Eve for instance uses the same model for as many as 8 different ships of which 4 are completely different from a slot layout and bonus perspective. That would work so much better than adding an extra tier.

It would also create ep sinks - a much needed addition especially as people are more likely to buy credits.

Imagine assault mechs, assault ewar mechs etc all with a new skill to train, no research to do, new protoypea to make.

From a players perspective we already have a mk2 version which is identical.  It wouldn't hurt to see an arbalest used as a assault ewar class for numiquol with 3 gun slots.

So far I've seen three suggestions for robot roles

1.  Bonus to ERP robot

2.  Sneaky robot, no tank high dps

3.  High dps no tank

Zoom do you like these ideas?  And what in your eyes would be the correct size for each?

49 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-07-28 14:29:20)

Logi bot
a ninja glider assault bot would be fun smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

From a players perspective we already have a mk2 version which is identical.  It wouldn't hurt to see an arbalest used as a assault ewar class for numiquol with 3 gun slots.

We actually have a proto version that never gets used, a standard and a mk2.