Re: Field rescue discussion

Well if this would be Alpha/NPCkill only then loot isn't that much of an issue. When you die on Alpha it's only you who can pick up your loot anyway, there are no PvP concerns.

So here we would have two choices:
1. Just simply don't drop the equipped items on Alpha, keep everything on your destroyed robot and include the module prices in the repair fee.
2. Destroy half of the equipped items, and return the damaged half-stripped robot for repairs.

27 (edited by Blocker 2015-07-25 17:36:07)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Well if this would be Alpha/NPCkill only then loot isn't that much of an issue. When you die on Alpha it's only you who can pick up your loot anyway, there are no PvP concerns.

So here we would have two choices:
1. Just simply don't drop the equipped items on Alpha, keep everything on your destroyed robot and include the module prices in the repair fee.
2. Destroy half of the equipped items, and return the damaged half-stripped robot for repairs.

Ok thanks. In the case of it being just an Alpha thing I would go for number 2 because it still provides for industry and also a nic sink in repairs..  I guess it could also be something that could be tweaked/tuned in response to population changes, like a lever to stimulate industry or put a brake on industry type thing?

+1 to field rescue.  With perpetuum credits.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Blocker wrote:

Zoom, is this something that could be implemented as a trial maybe ? or is the underlying changes too complex for that ?

Well maybe it could work as a PvE-only feature, meaning only if you are destroyed by an NPC.

edit: or simply limited to alpha islands.

This would probably be closer to the lore as well. The Syndicate only reimburses losses made by the pesky aliens, not by enraged humans smile

I agree, not during PvP and not on Beta/Gamma.  Looks like most people agree here.....

30 (edited by Burial 2015-07-25 19:07:44)

Make the repairs require minerals and you cut the builders out of the equation for every X times it's more worthwhile to repair the bot instead of getting a new one. Make it about NIC and the miners get a hit too, but we get a NIC sink.

The problem with market is that NIC is worthless. Your average player needs it for things like teleport beacons and production fees, so it's far more efficient to sit on a bunch of assets that can be used instantly over NIC and depend on the market.

Enough assets don't get destroyed, so there's low demand, and people don't need much NIC, so there's low supply.

Only way to make the current market work is adding more uses to NIC. EVE has ISK tied to everything imaginable, imitate that.

Honestly, it's a messy change. Don't go for it.

Anni: comment deleted. Next time use some arguments too.

i've put up the argument in my post earlier.

if you put in even more alpha / beta differences, you may think about putting up two servers to begin with...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

After some thought I like this idea for Alpha NPC losses only.

A nice detail would be if robot wreck stays on terrain, is visible on landmarks and anyone can salvage it after a certain time of being unclaimed by its owner.

The "lives left" and time until "free for all" should be visible also using a scanner.

34 (edited by Inda 2015-07-27 15:07:37)

why: Because the game is about teamplay if you play in team, your losses is significantly less than alone, so if you in a team you should not have been much problem of losing.

You basically force people to team up on every aspect of the game, but seems like this is not true here I am dispappointed.

(Even though I see the backrounds of that, Perpetuum 2.0 from DevAlf so that would be some possibilities in the fuguture but not now.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

The same people in this thread qqing earlier about how hardcore this game are the ones *** over this idea. 

This is a great idea that could significantly boast player base.

Although you could scrap this idea and do two things:  significantly reduce production costs of lights and assaults.  Get rid of redundant commodities and bump insurance up a hair.

Ville wrote:

Although you could scrap this idea and do two things:  significantly reduce production costs of lights and assaults.  Get rid of redundant commodities and bump insurance up a hair.

Zoom, Ville has a good point.

The resources it takes to produce lights, assaults and light ewars are *** high. Simplify those 3 classes and you'll be buffing newbies significantly.

Naismith wrote:
Ville wrote:

Zoom, Ville has a good point.

The resources it takes to produce lights, assaults and light ewars are *** high. Simplify those 3 classes and you'll be buffing newbies significantly.

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

38 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-27 16:39:44)

My concern is it takes a lot away from industry, what if instead of getting the mech back you get a special recovery bot CT, which requires small amounts of mats needed, some NIC and it takes a short time to make?

RIP PERPETUUM

Actually the price of death it's not so much here compared to EvE, where you clone and implants might cost a lot more, like 10 times more than your ship.
I like the way it is here. Don't take the bot you can't afford to lose. It's simple.

The only good thing that this feature can give it's a convinience. When you get blown up you don't need to do all this routine with buying and remembering all the modules. By the way, there can be craftable items for recovering every size of bot and equip, like a charges for it somewhere in character sheet. And the NIC cost too.

Making it Alpha or NPC only can have a negative effect, because the carebears may became more terrified by PvP where "omg, you can actually lose robot for good"...
In any game, most players prefers to PvE, with PvP sometimes. The rest is mostly PvP. So i think the best thing to encourage more people to PvP it's just bring more players in game. No need to make PvP easier or force people to it...
And PvP have some other price in such games anyway: time spent on it...

I'm not against this feature, but i don't see a real reason for it. Well, maybe for a first 2 weeks, for newbs...

JcJet wrote:

Making it Alpha or NPC only can have a negative effect, because the carebears may became more terrified by PvP where "omg, you can actually lose robot for good"...

THIS, QFT.

thats what the data about all alpha only mechanics and NPC nerfs up to now had as result.
This comic was meant as parody, but sometimes its so SPOT ON with DEV decisions:
http://thenoobcomic.com/comic/303/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Field rescue is fine provided that:

a) it has diminishing returns - ie the first time you use it it costs 20%, the second 40% until four or five times in within a 90 day period its not cost effective

b) its nic based only - god knows we need effective nic sinks.

If this is done it will encourage none pvpers to pvp without impacting the market too badly and without boosting people who pvp all the time. It will be like insurance that gets more expensive when you display risky behavior only it will be a nic sink and not a nic faucet as your paying to get a mech back and not getting money if its blown up.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I like credit based system, but then Nic sinks work ok too.

Personally I like this change because it means nobody in my corporation will have to mine anything EVER regardless how many times we lose robots - we'll be able to do really dumb sh*t and not give 2 f*cks.

But I think it's bad for the game in general.

if Field rescue means guy dies and his bot magically appears in his hangar to be fixed,

Then worst worst worst worst idea I have ever heard of far surpassing how terrible  sparks are for the game

Mech hulk on field to be salvaged, picked up, best idea ever but clearly more hardcore than ever

45 (edited by Gunner 2015-07-28 19:34:28)

removed meany comment   tongue

Yup just improve insurance so the cycle of stuff can be done in a natural game and industry manner rather than skipping all that.

Ville wrote:

The same people in this thread qqing earlier about how hardcore this game are the ones *** over this idea. 

how about bot recovery for PVE losses? as far as pvp no revovery.

Gunner wrote:

Yup just improve insurance so the cycle of stuff can be done in a natural game and industry manner rather than skipping all that.

Ville wrote:

Well this would be like insurance Gunner - when the bot magicy appears you would have to pay to fix it. The trouble with insurance is if the reward is wortrh having its worth blowing up your own bots. This is insurance from the other way around realy, your paying to have a bot replaced rather than paying to get the money to replace the bot. A lot less easy to manipulate.

I think with diminishing returns it could work but not as a standard mechanic for everyone. Those once a month fighters would be more likely to come out and play as well as the people dying on alpha.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

49 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-28 23:19:21)

If Devs want the game less hardcore that is fine be me just reduce materials required to build stuff, just don't place in mechanics that takes away half the content the games has. Industry and market would be destroyed and the re-balances will need to be worked around this mechanic or removed completely.

RIP PERPETUUM

If you're still worried about the industrial effects of this, how about using player-manufactured repair kits to repair the robot? (This was actually our initial idea, not NIC.)