Re: New devblog: What's next for perpetuum - 2015 Roadmap

Man Gan wrote:

Sadly it's only for KB's...

What do you want to use it for ?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

only thing i dont like is the random stats on items.
how will you hande hundrets and thousands of items ppl have in their storage already. all getting randomized stats mean you cant stack them anymore. and you have to check all the items you produce or have how good they realy are.

also this just increases the costs of high quality equip because ppl will mass produce and scrap the rest.
sounds more or less like a increase in item costs in general. that can be done more easy...

sry but thats more a nuisance then a usefull feature.
i would prefere specialized equip as t5. better in one area.. worse in the other.

for syndicate bots i would prefer syndicate models instead of the patchwork thing. but i guess thats no point at the moment with the lack of 3d artists.

I don't really like so much randomnes in games. So i'd prefer T5 to be something else.
Because it'll be too complicated: a lot of different items in the contract system, and an inconvinience when you have your bot(s) with full extensions which you used to pilot. And if it's gets blown up, there's two possible options depending of how this feature will work: it's either a little different bot everytime(which may be inconvinient), or you buy items with the maximum possible roll, making all others obsolete.
I think the vets here can come with some better concept of T5...

The buddy program - i think it'll be better to reward credits only. Becacause it's may be abused for EP by creating a lot  of alts, which is not good because of many reasons. Although some things for increase MAY be good, if done properly. but not by buddy program.

In general, it's good to see so many plans for game in this year. That way one day we may have dungeons and aircraft smile

29 (edited by Annihilator 2015-07-28 12:45:38)

the only bad thing about the "t5" idea, is making it "another tier" that doesnt really go well with the last years move towards "everything needs to be prototyped"

its actually a good idea, but i seriously doubt that the implementation will be as good as the basic idea itself.

and the only way to get rid of old stuff is, to make it worthless junk you can only recycle... worked pretty well in Firefall smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I'm not so fond of "randomized stats". I hate *** like that because I like to min and max.  It's not fun for me when I have to keep Randomizing the same thing over and over again until I get what I want.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I'm not so fond of "randomized stats". I hate *** like that because I like to min and max.  It's not fun for me when I have to keep Randomizing the same thing over and over again until I get what I want.

i realy hate it... but i have to agree with ville here.

Randomised stats is dumb because it won't really be randomised. You will just produce enough so you get the good ***. All your doing is filling a hanger with crap when you could do the same thing by making the cost more expensive.

Do you really think to fit a mesmer you would make six and then go 'oh well, three suck'. Of course not. You just make enough so that they are all good.

On top of that you really don't want to be adding something incrementally better. T5 should be about trade off bonus. One aspect of a weapon is better with a contra aspect worse. Think double the alpha, half the cycle time for instance.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Randomised stats is dumb because it won't really be randomised. You will just produce enough so you get the good ***. All your doing is filling a hanger with crap when you could do the same thing by making the cost more expensive.

Do you really think to fit a mesmer you would make six and then go 'oh well, three suck'. Of course not. You just make enough so that they are all good.

On top of that you really don't want to be adding something incrementally better. T5 should be about trade off bonus. One aspect of a weapon is better with a contra aspect worse. Think double the alpha, half the cycle time for instance.

Great idea!  Trade offs instead of vertical progression.

After playing Archeage all i can say is RNG is a ***

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

The buddy program, I think its fine to reward with anything you can gain in the game, such as NIC or bots or modules or even ICE. But getting EP would be very bad IMO, since it opens up too many ways of abuse/pay to win.

For T5, why not for example make the T5 rocket launchers have an additional 20% range over T4, but with 30% less dps or something like that?
Perhaps use the existing but today useless lower tier, and make T3 have a lot less range but higher dps, making it usable for going into short range brawl with NPC's? Such a change would make it so theres a use for all modules, and you actually have to change the complete fit depending on what you intend to do smile

Jita wrote:

The point is that we're still a full loot game where you can't just build the "best" module and be done with it. Unless you don't intend to ever use and risk them. And getting max on everything will be near impossible anyway, so yes, you will go with "good enough". But more importantly it will generate a lot more demand for gamma minerals than a simple fixed tier would, without making the modules crazy expensive to build.

Instead of random stats for t5 how about stats that can be customized at the time of manufacture. For example if I want lasers that have 40% range over t4 I have to sacrifice DPS and Rate of Fire. Items can customized at the ct level and once a build is chosen then we get a custom ct with a specific material requirements.

Aye Pod: we have plans for something similar too, independently from T5.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

The point is that we're still a full loot game where you can't just build the "best" module and be done with it. Unless you don't intend to ever use and risk them. And getting max on everything will be near impossible anyway, so yes, you will go with "good enough". But more importantly it will generate a lot more demand for gamma minerals than a simple fixed tier would, without making the modules crazy expensive to build.

A modules near impossible to get... Sounds perfect for carebear fit smile

Field rescue
Losing robots once and for all is a bit too hardcore

Yes it was and it was very fun.
My opinion is to leave this awesome mechanic and add new one over it:

1. Reworked insurance
There will be several types of insurances:
Best one will teleport your robot after critical mailfunction to your home base with 50% of damage/destruction to all modules.
Next one will teleport your bot w\o modules and with huge hull damage. Excellent for Hmk2 hobos.
And cheapest one will give you money for your bot, like old good times.

2. Click-n-roam bots
New weak bot types with built in "ohshit teleport" but without racial bonuses. For example kain without bonuses but with 5 lives.
Imagine. Just imagine how beautiful it is: you do some farming for 2 hours on alpha island and just for 100 perpetuum credits you buy Kain "LE" (Light edition) fully loaded with hardwired t3 modules. Extra awesome for casuals. Click-n-go.
Just a hint: direct KainLE pursaches for 1 dollar.
You cannot sell it to anyone, or even put to corp storage.
I hope i should not explain you why it should be without bonuses.

This will leave old mechanics active and will add excellent feature for casual players.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Yes you can build the best module in game and go with it. 

Here's what we don't want:
Weapons with different ranges.
Weapons with different rate of fire.
Weapons with different reload.

RNG items suck.  Very badly.  Don't you bring that garbage into this game!!

If this game turns out pay2win where the rich RL players get to go out pvp everyday in fancy bots and the rest are grinding all day then this is going to be a hard pill to swallow, and I am not staying around to see it burn.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

CCP said the same about Titans.

Balancing tiers through cost coupled with mass production only increases the gap between the poor and the rich.

Ville wrote:

Well I don't agree. Think about how this would spice up the market, where people would try to match up and collect the right modules that fit together. Granted this will need a good filter system, but that's why we're doing a new market.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Well I don't agree. Think about how this would spice up the market, where people would try to match up and collect the right modules that fit together. Granted this will need a good filter system, but that's why we're doing a new market.

Example fit 3 Gauss guns on a Mesmer and fit 3 em guns and let's talk about frustrating.  Optimal ranges/damage modifiers/fitting...  There's a reason no one puts missiles on a kain, it's different optimals and doesn't work well together with slugs.  I hate RNG items.

Ville wrote:

I hate RNG items.

That's fine, you'll still be able to use all the other tiers.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

I hate RNG items.

Ok.  Kool!

YAY RNG!

49 (edited by Burial 2015-07-28 17:41:09)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

I hate RNG items.

That's you right now. hmm

Burial: does that mean I have to agree with every feedback now? Look around, it's the same 5 guys all the time, what does that tell us?