Topic: How to generate New Player's staying in perp

Ok this is my first post on the forums. As a some what still young player i feel its time to voice my thoughts on the changes Jita and others are trying to force onto the the game. 1st point the new NPC changes are the 1st step in the wrong direction. Now people are saying its not right for 1 person with say 3 accounts to be able to go out and rat solo on an elite alpha spawn for hrs and make heaps. Why the hell not? If u have made the commitment to the game and put in the time to achieve that then why have it taken away from you?.

2nd moving ores and essential things off alpha to beta will NOT keep people in the game who stay or generate pvp. The way to generate pvp is to have a base pool of pve players who can get rich enough quick enough where they have the fear of losing bots lessoned because they can replace it easier. All the talk i have seen from Syndik and Jita are not for newer players but enabling vets to keep what they have unchallenged and provide them with the opportunity to log in undock and kill someone and have their fun. That will NOT i repeat NOT encourage people to play the game and stay. For example if i was forced to go to beta and mine titan in the only bot i own at the time and get ganked how am i supposed to replace that. I would just say screw this and go and play something else, which imo is what already happened to the player pop, are u guys blind and deaf or what? Now with the current Npc changes i cannot rat a decent spawn with 3 characters even if that was me and 2 mates u still cannot do it (thk u Syndic and half my mates will not come back to play because of that 1 change alone nice work). How does that help smaller corps and noobs? It dosn't what it helps is vets maintaining a strangle hold on the game. The problem with the game atm is not mechanics its numbers and the only way to increase the player base is with content that is engaging and fun.

My 1st thought on that would be something like a NPC intrusuion that happens from time to time similar to Eve and Firefall. This is something all players on that island at that time can come and be a part of. Have some decent loot drops and or bounty system and i promise u will have peeps join to play just to do those, whole corps dedicated to intrusion just like eve.
          2nd make it easier not harder to make money and build assests quickly so people are not afraid to say "Hey why don't we grab a couple assaults and go and see if we can kill something".

Now everything i have read on what the older guys want changed is NOT going to effect u 1 bit. I have seen the screen shots of some veteran accounts and u see their wallet balance at 414 mil nic. Now u have made ur money u are rich u have no fear losing a bot cause u prob already have 100 of each plus the cash. It is going to effect the very new players u are wanting to join the game and they will not stay because the grind to be able to have fun is 100x longer and harder then it ever should be.

Fun is what generates player interest and all i see about what u guys wanting changed is all about fun for u Vets not new players. I once saw the developer of halo 2 say if you can get 10 seconds of good fun into a game and repeat that over and over u got a winner. That is whats needed not more changes to mechanics that are not working atm because of POPULATION!!!!!! not because the mechanic dosn't work. The mechanic works fine with the player base to support it properly.

Now also all the BS about unlocking beta 1 stations and everything is u Vets realising that without sparks when those changes come in its going to be harder for the power blocks to own the game like they currently do atm. This is why you want these changes, so u can lock down an island by putting ur own stuff into previously locked stations so u can gank and have ur fun!!! This has 0 to do with making the game better, and all about u wanting to be the big fish, big epeen, i am the best chest betters pure and simple.

Dev Zoom this is Creative's game and while you should listen to the voices of ur player base u should NOTl let 2 people dictate where the game is going because i promise u it is not for ur or the games benefit that they want these changes. Now u are a business and need to make money, yes? Well my advice is start putting and building content for pve, all u have done for a long tiome is focus on pvp look where that has got u. I promise if u put in some fun content and make it easier for new players to have fun (pvp), by allowing them to get comfortable (rich) quickly the rest will take care of itself. This whole thing of moving and forcing players to beta is nothing but the vets not wanting anyone to build enough to challenge them and for them to have their quick kill fun.

Re: How to generate New Player's staying in perp

What did I do about NPCs again?

Zoom doesnt listen to me and I doubt he ever will.

As a CEO I want there to be reasons for my friends to log in on a daily basis and enjoy the game instead of playing other games and only logging in for EP or jabber pings.

Naismith wrote:

As a CEO I want there to be reasons for my friends to log in on a daily basis and enjoy the game instead of playing other games and only logging in for EP or jabber pings.

It was your initial post that called for those changes that i read mate. I have read them all you were the 1 as far as i saw that started all of that process for those changes. If i am wrong or incorrect i am sorry that is just how i interpreted what i read.

Xsavia Calrisian wrote:
Naismith wrote:

It was your initial post that called for those changes that i read mate. I have read them all you were the 1 as far as i saw that started all of that process for those changes. If i am wrong or incorrect i am sorry that is just how i interpreted what i read.

Which changes?

To clarify for everyone, Im very much in favor of new players getting immersed in the game and getting some assets together on Alpha. CIR had very productive and lucrative relationships with new Alpha corps over the years.

Im always against people that are blatantly botting spawns. That makes it worse for newbies not better IMO.

The current situation where every nearby NPC from static spawns will aggro you is temporary. Technically all static NPCs on an island are part of the same group now, that's why this happens.

This will change when we replace them with roaming spawns, BUT even then one spawn will aggro you as a whole, intentionally so.

Welcome to the forums smile Its nice to see you have some in your words!

As Inda said in one of the forum threads & I agreed with him it would be far wiser to see how the current crop of Beta changes & missions additions are implemented & how they effect the game before going & making other lage game play changes.

First lets talk about Static NPC's. Ive been doing alot of missions over the last few days & you know what they make just as much money & are for me have been alot more fun & interesting than sitting in 1 location for hours on end.
If the static spawns were removed tho & you or any one else did feel like plopping down 3-4 alts & just grinding out a bunch of NPCs dont forget you can also use beacons. Again they have a nice income & can be fun in a group when you want to chill out smile

ORE. see the problem with ore isn't its location so much as in its inexhaustible availability on alpha. Due to the fact of how the Ore is spawned & the lack of any real risk on alpha from even NPCs mining is a macro / botters paradise. This actually does effect new players alot in that it drives down the price of base minerals meaning if you want to make any real money as a miner then you HAVE to go to BETA to mine Epi or Gamma for Colix.
I could go into more detail but in all honesty mate, im not typing that essay  again lol
But im always up for talking about it on TS smile

PS my bank account doesn't have that much nic in it. sad But im having fun boosting it with these new missions smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

DEV Zoom wrote:

The current situation where every nearby NPC from static spawns will aggro you is temporary. Technically all static NPCs on an island are part of the same group now, that's why this happens.

This will change when we replace them with roaming spawns, BUT even then one spawn will aggro you as a whole, intentionally so.

I just experienced this change today Zoom. NPCs have given my a chill up my spine for years (since the EVE influx) Seeing them get some teeth back was the most awesome / terrifying sh*t ive seen in a long time lol

I'm a 5 year veteran with millions of EP in a Heavy Mech running for my life ROFL... Oh it was great.

Years ago when EVE players influx happened, it was NPCs having some toughness & real balls that so many players loved & finding an observer made ppl send out corp wide alerts & form up squads to go kill them.

Eh sorry for my trip down memory lane smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

1.  Production costs to much just to make 1 robot.  Lights and assault bots need a simplified three commodity build list.
2.  NPCs are insane atm.
3.  Lack of pve rewards on alpha don't give players a reason to hang around (why I keep saying you have a great opportunity with the syndicate supply shop)
4.  Steam sales generate players.  So fear not just as soon as they get another sale going bam we will see some new broskis
5.  New content excites people, so yeah patients in seeing the new road map.

Welcome to the forums.  Enjoy your stay.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I really don't think that we have another player influx left in the game unless something fundemental is added. New players joining look around, realise its dead and then quit / get a refund. Until we can bring enough vets back to get the game in the 150 level (or until CCP *** the pooch) I think going for new people as a way to grow the game isn't going to work.

If people who have the game for free won't play it, why would new people join on mass?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I like the idea of eve like intrustion. Having open world PVE events are fun smile
WTB a few world bosses tongue

To neutral Many yikes Things mad To cool Say yarr No hmm About:P

I am Perpetuum.

me not like mining, i not have skill for it i dont want have it. If after all your changes, I can not provide for themselves, I just do throw PvP.

Just @ Game

+1 to all Xsavia said.
Removing ore is bullshit, same as making fields smaller. If you are a new corp you need to have it easier to replace possible PvP losses, not make it even harder.

Same for NPCs: If you remove all static spawns and the beacons (as proposed on the roadmap), without a proper alternative, new corps (who already are less effective in PvE than vets) will have it even harder to come by fragments/kernels in order to get on their feet without doing diplomatics (also known as begging/becoming a pet/getting in an alliance they're not ready for or that's even fitting their idea of playing)

I would leave static NPCs in until you have set up a proper alternative, either something alike incursions or similiar that is actually fun to do and will automatically get a lot of players to indirectly farm kernels/fragments, or a less-botable type of static spawns. Another alternative would be to develop some way of detecting bots, but that would include devhours and paying more attention to it, while bringing little positive for current players.

However I do love the idea of reintroducing roaming red NPCs that are tough. I remember the thrill of dodging observers, gathering people just to kill them and the idea of red caravans are generally very good and welcome. I'm just not sure if it is enough to cover the needs of new corporations.

Firstly I never advocated removing ore to Beta. I did say Titan needs to be brought back to beta, that doesn't mean removed from Alpha.

Secondly I didn't say make Alpha spawns smaller, I said make then smaller and more numerous. This means mining large amounts with massive mining ops filled with end game players in riveter mk2 t4 fit gets harder hurting the older players while the increase in frequency of spawns makes mining on a smaller scale easier as spawns are more likely to be close to a station and not have other miners on them. This is a boost to smaller / less skilled corps.

Thirdly opening beta 1 is the exact opposite of power blocks holding on to stations. It is in fact those very power blocks that don't want it to happen.

It would really help if you actually read and understood what people's posts and arguments are before you come on the forums saying Jita advocated this, Syndic advocated that. Your ignorance just clouds the issues and muddies the fact that what you want is actually the same thing that a lot of other people want and your setting yourself in opposition for no reason.

Tl,dr learn to read before you make stupid posts ***

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Titan was removed from Beta???  Tells you how often we mine it there.....

I mine Titan on Beta all the time wtf is wrong with you Jita.

bring back observers to alpha islands
make pve a little more interesting with different drops such as maybe 1/2 hour ep boosters or something different in the form of loot
merkle suggested continuing missions out in field like a story line instead of going back to terminal to except new mission
maybe random instance raids where 5 people go to defeat a high level boss of sorts
like obi said also open world events , i mean back in the day when the game started there was events if i remember correctly