26 (edited by Burial 2015-07-23 15:15:35)

Re: Beta roundtable

Naismith wrote:

You can be butthurt about it as much as you want, but you got 3 random people into a room with 7 of your corpmates, made a nice list of what the majority agreed on and presented it as some "Beta roundtable".

That's obvious and blatant politicking to push your agenda.

Firstly, we can call it however we want, and it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. We tried to reach the developers not you. Secondly, the main people talking were Jita, Obi and Sunny. Two of them are in your alliance. Just because you weren't there is no reason to start poking holes to the intention.

Umm..  Which both said no go to removing locks.  I like Annis Nic sink idea.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Burial wrote:
Naismith wrote:

You can be butthurt about it as much as you want, but you got 3 random people into a room with 7 of your corpmates, made a nice list of what the majority agreed on and presented it as some "Beta roundtable".

That's obvious and blatant politicking to push your agenda.

Firstly, we can call it however we want, and it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. We tried to reach the developers not you. Secondly, the main people talking were Jita, Obi and Sunny. Two of them are in your alliance. Just because you weren't there is no reason to start poking holes to the intention.

You can call it what you want and pretend youre representing the community, I dont mind explaining to Zoom youre having a corp meeting with a few guests.

An actual Beta roundtable would consist of representatives from CIR, 77, PHM, Cons, OTHERS, ETHOS, NSE, and maybe a few token invites for Alpha based corps.

btw, the nic sink idea is not really new either.

it was already around before Intrusion 2.0, when everyone agree'd that beta outposts need to change because fixed station bonuses have more issues then benefits.

A little excursion to the "lore" part:
Beta outposts have been captured from the niani forces by the the three (underused) human megacorps, and they are offered to independant corps that can provide the necessary maintenance tasks at the Service Access Points.
Depending on their efficiency, the contractors are offered access to better facilities and eventually they are allowed to restrict the access to the station.

/lore

Zoom's newest blog shows how they finally create heatmaps for things. Now connect SAPs, Mission statistics and NIC to a system where you gain reputation for a "minor faction" which then allows you to "buy" or "rent" things from that faction.

station docking right management would be a very expensive service, the facility upgrades less expensive and independant per corp.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Naismith wrote:

... I dont mind explaining to Zoom youre having a corp meeting with a few guests. ...

Of course you don't, since spinning and fact-bending anything to benefit your needs is what you do the best. In all reality, everyone can freely listen to the recording and everyone can see who were there without you having to spitefully badmouth people's intentions.

Bending the facts?

Do you or do you not have 6 JOKE members + Annihilator, in a meeting of 10 people?

Where is the community being represented by whom, Sunny and Obi? Or Race Drones who despite being a HERO, doesn't speak English?

What a... joke. lol

There was and everyone along with Zoom and yourself can see it. You not being there is no reason to start acting like an idiot and badmouth people's authenticity or ideas.

You didn't even listen to the recording before you started throwing dirt. I know you don't agree with the station unlocking, it's fine and there's a place to discuss it, but that's not the only idea people came up with.

Burial wrote:

There was and everyone along with Zoom and yourself can see it. You not being there is no reason to start acting like an idiot and badmouth people's authenticity or ideas.

You didn't even listen to the recording before you started throwing dirt. I know you don't agree with the station unlocking, it's fine and there's a place to discuss it, but that's not the only idea people came up with.

Your CEO was writing the post before the "impromptu politically highly biased meeting" was over.  Better yet you didn't schedule this.  It was impromptu and consisted of a 7/10 majority of people who don't actively use beta or do industry there.  So how is that a round table?  1 of our representatives doesn't even speak English....  ?????

Okay, instead of all the whining and *** and moaning and crying, let's make a new one. Date, time, TS? big_smile

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

Your CEO was writing the post before the "impromptu politically highly biased meeting" was over.  Better yet you didn't schedule this.  It was impromptu and consisted of a 7/10 majority of people who don't actively use beta or do industry there.  So how is that a round table?  1 of our representatives doesn't even speak English....  ?????

You do realise Obi organised it. I also read everyone the post while they were all on comma and asked if folks agreed.

Don't let the political posturing get in the way of the truth now.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

You do realise Obi organised it. I also read everyone the post while they were all on comma and asked if folks agreed.

Don't let the political posturing get in the way of the truth now.

So they were all in comma!!!  The truth prevails this Is a clear cut case of deception and under handed lies yo further prove an agenda!!!

btw, even if the station locks are gone, i see zero reason to move to a beta outpost or terminal.

If any "PvP-starved" ***tard is in the mood, he can prevent me from doing anything just by standing watch under the station if i don't have anything there to fight him... and then, even if i fight my way succesfully out of the outpost,
the killer can undock just a few seconds later from the same station.

and as far as i can tell, most pvp-starving "industrials" are shooting themselfs in the foot by seeding the alpha markets, instead of the beta terminal...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

38 (edited by Burial 2015-07-23 21:26:16)

You're right, but the important difference over now is that it provides corporations with an option to try it and see how it goes, and it's a lot more time consuming to camp someone into a station 24/7 than showing up at the SAPs and lock station 24/7.

We know how its going to go.  We tried for 2.5 years.  It sucked.  Anni is completely right.

Annihilator wrote:

btw, even if the station locks are gone, i see zero reason to move to a beta outpost or terminal.

If any "PvP-starved" ***tard is in the mood, he can prevent me from doing anything just by standing watch under the station if i don't have anything there to fight him... and then, even if i fight my way succesfully out of the outpost,

and as far as i can tell, most pvp-starving "industrials" are shooting themselfs in the foot by seeding the alpha markets, instead of the beta terminal...

The thing is Anni, it doesn't have to be that way. If the stations get unlocked and Joke move to Hokk do you really think we are gonna get camped in by Lemon and his alts? The idea is preposterous. Anyone who tries to gank will get ganked and the only way they would prevent that is by bieng as ready as the people living there all the time.

Hell, look at the situation all over nia now. I've got the screenshots and chatlogs showing how people wont even engage our players when they are on their own even when we are sat under the enemies base shooting them. People are worried they will get hotdropped. A station is a hotdrop waiting to happen for both sides and the resources needed to effectively camp you in are so great that if they tried doing it to joke they would have to effectively leave two thirds of the game alone.

We are fine with this, recognize our ability to be a lighting rob and welcome people attempting to gank us. Every 'mining op' or 'hauler' is a counter gank opportunity for us too.

Got someone stood under your station? Deal with them. Every tactic has a counter. Every fit a counter fit.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Lets pretend we wont be listening to your TS and read your corp chat. big_smile

Thx guys, I will try to respond that also.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Naismith wrote:

Lets pretend we wont be listening to your TS and read your corp chat. big_smile

We have been able to choose our fights and gank you at will for some time now, you have yet to ever counter us doing that. Where it all goes horribly (and consistently) wrong is when we try to go toe to toe in sap fights and have to pull alliances together.

make rewards progression, you intent players to go out,

Alpa > Beta > Gamma

Also I can open for the Beta 1 openterminals, but I dont think that is neccessery.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

The thing is Anni, it doesn't have to be that way. If the stations get unlocked and Joke move to Hokk do you really think we are gonna get camped in by Lemon and his alts? The idea is preposterous. Anyone who tries to gank will get ganked and the only way they would prevent that is by bieng as ready as the people living there all the time.

Hell, look at the situation all over nia now. I've got the screenshots and chatlogs showing how people wont even engage our players when they are on their own even when we are sat under the enemies base shooting them. People are worried they will get hotdropped. A station is a hotdrop waiting to happen for both sides and the resources needed to effectively camp you in are so great that if they tried doing it to joke they would have to effectively leave two thirds of the game alone.

We are fine with this, recognize our ability to be a lighting rob and welcome people attempting to gank us. Every 'mining op' or 'hauler' is a counter gank opportunity for us too.

Got someone stood under your station? Deal with them. Every tactic has a counter. Every fit a counter fit.

Guess I should bat phone peanut... we will see skynet up in 5 mins

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:
Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Guess I should bat phone peanut... we will see skynet up in 5 mins

You do that. Just be careful of those rat spawns in your Mesmer mk2.