Re: EWAR Lights too Cost-effective for PVP it makes other Bots Meaningless

Kaito Kurusaki wrote:

Well more players should win over a single player with the same cost invested. But let's look at this further.

Unless something changed. Maximum debuffs from supressors is 2. You can't be debuffed further. A double amplified mech should still be able to lock at 300m after debuffs.

sensor supressor on intact has bonus on both, lockingtime reduction and locking range reduction. it will just negate both on the target

ECM is the tricky part. Especially combined with the locking speed reduction from the suppressors. If you are up igainst 2 intakts/2charmelon your goal is killing one of the charms. If you can do that the rest should be easy (on paper).

you say it, on paper. IF mech managed to start a lock before the supressors hit him, they locked one can just run out of range or hide behind a tree until the first ecm hit.

ECM has short range. If a mech starts locking outside 300m (before he get slowed from the supressors) he may be able to snipe a bot before they get in ECM range.

where has ECM a short range? t4 ecm has 350m base range, and there Ewar-range extension is cheap as hell. 500m ECM and supressor range is doable

There is just too many factors that have not been investigated properly.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Bastian Croft wrote:

So?  My point still stands.

Intrusion pvp does not the same as general pvp.

Draftbeer wrote:
Bastian Croft wrote:

No kidding.

Bastian Croft wrote:
Draftbeer wrote:
Bastian Croft wrote:

No kidding.

You are suggesting that if mechs are useful in Intrusion event then they're
useful in general pvp too. Well here is my thing, they're not.
At least at the moment. Not as far everyone is using light bots.
But why the hell not? They are cheap and effective.

Why is it that i feel im being obligated to spend ep on ewar skills? i havent yet cause i been refusing to.But it feels that way...im having to camp gates full of ewars day in and day out, every now and then a mech comes by and sits in gate a bit longer too. But thats not all, if theres an ewar gang going around beta island, what do you do? you cant catch them in light bots no assult not mechs, your forced to use ewars cause you can simply catch them. So we rely on pincer tactics to try and predict there movement, but it works 2 out of 8 times. Most of the times the ewars try to find afk miners or easy targets if they dont they stand in gates for hours. IS THIS PVP? If u cant catch them just sit in a corner and mope... only way to catch ewars is with other ewars and if you refuse to go ewar and go all out dmg/different spec you are forced to only fight in intrusions.

You all keep inssisting that ewars are fine in most part and yet i keep seeing swarms of ewars everywere.

Socnys wrote:

[...]

My point exactly.

maybe not ewar robots should be the fastest.. but yagel/prometheus etc. assaults should have around the same speed as ewars but ewar should keep it's longer target range.

33 (edited by Kyr 2011-01-06 19:19:03)

not light ewar need a nerf

but assault bot need love

assault bot should be the counter to light ewars

so assault bots have a role on battlefield

this would automatic affect the power of light ewar gangs without nerf them

also light bots need love

ewar should be second choise in dps for fast speed gangs after light bots

edit:

how assault bot could be the counter against light ewar?
implements special long range medium weapons that get damage penalty against targets of bigger size

assault bots able fit at least one medium weapon

this new weapon could be a medium weapon that only assault bots can fit

something like a small laser/gaus/firearm gatling that works like 3 small weapons but over longer range and get a penalty on dps on targets bigger than size 4

<<< REAL POWER CAN NOT BE GIVEN, IT MUST BE TAKEN >>>

Kyr - Perpetuum Online
Helios Norlund - Darkfall Online

34 (edited by Seridur 2011-01-06 19:14:49)

something like this:

light bot (no ewar) : fastest, cheapest, medium dps, low hp, few slots to improve
light bot (ewar): fast, very low dps, medium hp, ewar modules (slots, cpu, bonuses), long targeting range
assault: fast (around the same as ewar), high dps, highest hp among light bots
mech: a bit slower than assault/light ew but not much, high range, more hp
heavy mech, slow but high dps, hp

I dont know about assult but i ould like light bots to be able to fight ewars with similar speed but diferent tactics.Give me a role other than camping gates cause i cant catch ewars.

Bastian Croft wrote:
Lege wrote:

Doing an intrusion event? No problem, just stick a medium plate in an ewar and your hard to kill.

I'd like to see you try this next intrusion.  I will have my lols on standby.

already done and it works quite well

Lege wrote:

Light Ewars need a 10% speed nerf across the board. They should be the fastest thing out there, but they have too big of an advantage right now.

You need to understand that a lot of us that run ewars have Nav 10 AND we use tier 4 frames.  Yeah, it's a lot of speed, but we paid for that speed and it's all we have to be honest.  We don't have damage bonuses, we basically NEED to travel in packs to be able to kill anything larger than a light.

Pretty much everyone has nav 10 and t3/4 frames now days, the fact remains the light ewar has too much of a speed advantage. You still have good crowd control in the form of ECM bonuses. You need to run in packs on beta, soloers are easily killed in any bot or mech.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be the fastest thing out there, but the reality is light ewars run at 90 at worst and everything else is running at 70 at best and can't catch them even when outnumbering them 3 to 1. They can run away at will and the faster light ewars are running at 110+.
Light ewars are what everyone is running most of the time. You don't even get into the fight before it's over in anything else. You certainly can't catch light ewars if your not in one.

Ok, ok, would it make you feel better if infestation swarms your island with mechs instead? 

I suppose at least then you would have ample time to dock up and avoid losses; either way we wouldn't really get a fight out of you.

ITT

people with 0 pvp skills

Answer me this. If light ewar is rock, what is their paper?

Swarm with ewars and it will give u plenty of time to run around,same as docking up

Lege wrote:

Answer me this. If light ewar is rock, what is their paper?

well plased waspish

The problem is not ewar being OP, because that's not true.

The problem is you frickin lack PvP skills... and you're too afraid to fight.

Infestation can go roam in lairds, and you'll still do the same... And after that, you'll came back here, asking for a laird nerf...

Do you really want light bot love? you can get a light bot in your first 30 minutes of playtime, and it is supposed to be your first bot, not your main bot.

And yes, a squad of some ewar and some assault bots, can kill a squad of ewar easily... just stop being so afraid of fighting.

sounds like m2s afraid of having their favourite tool nerfed.

Mars Volta wrote:

Infestation can go roam in lairds, and you'll still do the same... And after that, you'll came back here, asking for a laird nerf...

fraps it, and add it to the m2s blog (corporation dialoge)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

44 (edited by Mars Volta 2011-01-07 01:44:29)

LOLOL...

done: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -day-roam/

Now go ask for a laird nerf...

Remember Avatar, many people were drawn to this game to use Mechs.
And Mechs for most people are big honking 2-legged monsters with giant guns and missile racks.  Not little EWAR thumbtacks scurrying around like cockroaches.
You sold us on the Big Mech Online concept, now deliver on it instead of the Little Spider Swarm Online that it now is.

That is why you have a massive Gropho at the left side of the forums.
Because the big mechs are the draw, the driver, the magnet for players.
It says to newcomers, if you are patient enough to master the game, one day you will be able to get into something powerful and relevant, to get somewhere.
Feed those big mech dreams and you will continue to win and draw more and more people.
It feeds the sense of progression that drives many gamers.

Let EWAR lights remain the dominant force in the game, and you will see people one by one lose interest as they realize the big mech dream is meaningless and the advanced bots they worked hard for are just white elephants except in 5% of PVP and then only when backed up by a mass of small spiders.

46 (edited by Neoxx 2011-01-07 06:28:37)

Container wrote:

Remember Avatar, many people were drawn to this game to use Mechs.
And Mechs for most people are big honking 2-legged monsters with giant guns and missile racks.  Not little EWAR thumbtacks scurrying around like cockroaches.
You sold us on the Big Mech Online concept, now deliver on it instead of the Little Spider Swarm Online that it now is.

That is why you have a massive Gropho at the left side of the forums.
Because the big mechs are the draw, the driver, the magnet for players.
It says to newcomers, if you are patient enough to master the game, one day you will be able to get into something powerful and relevant, to get somewhere.
Feed those big mech dreams and you will continue to win and draw more and more people.
It feeds the sense of progression that drives many gamers.

Let EWAR lights remain the dominant force in the game, and you will see people one by one lose interest as they realize the big mech dream is meaningless and the advanced bots they worked hard for are just white elephants except in 5% of PVP and then only when backed up by a mass of small spiders.

We cant use most mechs effectively at this point.  STFU and play the game.  In a couple months ewar bot gangs wont be that potent when going up against small forces of heavy mechs and ewar mechs with heavy remote repairers.  The fact that youre complaining this much when we only have about 120k EP at MOST.

And the small bots will always be a part of the game.  They will always have their role here. You are sadly dissillusioned if you thought this game would be entirely big hulking mechs all the time.

Also, if you only decided to play this game because it had cool looking mechs, you probably wont last long in this type of game anyway.  Just move along and try to not leave a wake of QQ posts behind you.

->You just lost The Game<-

47 (edited by Alexander 2011-01-07 08:17:58)

The evil list of Q.Q:

• Remove in-land teleporters.

• Make it so you cannot dock while in combat

• Increase medium weapon range (Fall off not optimal)

• Decrease locking range of light e-war

OR

The sensible list of L2P:

• Field mech e-war

• Build gangs from the ground up

• Use beta island and have defenders ready to protect you.

Just like that other game, if you didn't have someone speedy ready to stab the person in the face to stop them leaving you didn't get a kill. AOE demob or something like that would help. In short, if infestation can do it so can you. If you NEED lessons I'd be happy to give them because at this rate it's YOU that is killing the game, not the PVP mechanics.

The Game

ITT

Mad Cat pilots *** abut Ravens ECMing/tagging them and Cougars LRM/Clan Large lasoring their *** while they are too slow to get in locking range.

QQ

Mars Volta wrote:

LOLOL...

done: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -day-roam/

Now go ask for a laird nerf...

oh wow, you blobbed three small bots... and your proud of it?

with larids...