Re: A prediction (about outpost locking)

Yes I can see how taxing the field terminal missions would be beneficial. With the beta NIC reward multipliers there would still be ample advantage compared to Alpha rewards even with a tax.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yes I can see how taxing the field terminal missions would be beneficial. With the beta NIC reward multipliers there would still be ample advantage compared to Alpha rewards even with a tax.

And plenty of reason to own a station, even if that station was open. Also plenty of reason to not gank people squatting there.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

253 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-07-25 13:32:53)

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

And plenty of reason to own a station, even if that station was open. Also plenty of reason to not gank people squatting there.

Well there can be plenty of reasons for the owners not the gank the Squatters................ but plenty of reasons for other people to gank the Squatters smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Somewhere in this post I think I read Zoom say that creating new terminals on islands is like a 2-3 day project as opposed to creating and island which is what 2-3 months? Whatever the time-frames...

It has to be better to ADD content than continue this reshuffling of the deck by CHANGING existing content. You already had unlockable stations. Surely there are countless posts on the topic from years prior asking for the change. It was a significant component of Intrusion 2.0. Now you are going to reverse that?

If you have to do anything then create more terminals on beta islands that are open like the ones on Beta 1. I can think of several areas with what look like terminal ruins. Hey, let the Nians rebuild

Anyway I'm not sure creating new terminals is even good idea, but for God's sake create something rather than change existing stuff over and over and over.

..and why do I bother? who knows

Sparking to other games

Rex does have a point Zoom, you guys have been reshuffling existing content for a long time now (I think Epriton got added and removed from Gamma like... 4 times).

Perhaps focusing on brand new content and new islands might be a better solution.

After all, if not enough space is your concern, add more. If not enough people are using your content, buff the content.

So we are three months down the line from this and if anything the game has got worse. Does anyone think the next three months will be different?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Yes.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

And in three ninths if its not wait another six? When is the point when the status quo not working is accepted?

Jita wrote:

And in three ninths if its not wait another six? When is the point when the status quo not working is accepted?

When you stop posting on the forums apparently.

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

When you stop posting on the forums apparently.

Since your evading the answer I assume you will support the same broken mechanics for another six months?

Jita, look.  Some of us play video games to have fun.  Some of us compete to be better and some of us just have commitment issues where we want to see how the train runs.  I was there for unlocked outposts and intrusion 1.0, it sucked.  The station games were *** just like having people inside locked terminals to scout you now.  I will be here supporting the community until I am either banned, or Avatar Creation throws the switch.  It's not going to help and give them some time they have some awesome changes coming (T5 and robots) and it will help!

I was there too. Station games are irritating but at least people lived on Beta.

People will keep coming and leaving if there isn't room to grow.

People still live and breathe on Beta, like they did 5 years ago.

Just not you and your people anymore.

Because the bad man.

264 (edited by Burial 2015-10-01 17:14:12)

Jita wrote:

So we are three months down the line from this and if anything the game has got worse. Does anyone think the next three months will be different?

It usually does worse whenever I think it couldn't possibly do any worse. Going to need an ocean basin for fanboy tears when they realize everything is not fine.

Meanwhile i'll brave the sands of Sarduca in an indie MMO that works

If it wasn't sub-required we'd come visit you there, still have chars on chars on chars full of mats. lol

Naismith wrote:

Because the bad man.

So, 5 NSE guys, and 3 PHM guys are living on beta over 6 islands and 14 outposts and beta is living and breathing. News to me, the incentive is still not here and well, the next lvl of dead is here, hopefully some incentive will return when the facility rebalancing hits.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Naismith wrote:

Because the bad man.

Seen ostriches with heads higher in the sand.

269 (edited by Ville 2015-10-01 19:35:05)

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Naismith wrote:

Because the bad man.

So, 5 NSE guys, and 3 PHM guys are living on beta over 6 islands and 14 outposts and beta is living and breathing. News to me, the incentive is still not here and well, the next lvl of dead is here, hopefully some incentive will return when the facility rebalancing hits.

So there is 14 people in general chat.  With the 5 people in NSE 3 in PHM (5 actually...***.) so that's 8.  With 14 in general chat.  So that's 8/14 so that's 57% of the population is actively playing on Beta!  That's over half!  Better than most MMOs I know % wise.  Hell Beastmode even OTHERS is actively using Beta islands.  There is a whole other group(PUN INTENDED) using beta's and not crying about given free stuff, those dudes actually earn it and don't piss and moan while getting it done!  It's only YOU and your immediate Corp that want game manipulation by the developers.  Sad really..

Bumping this topic with off-topic nonsense creates the illusion that someone besides Jita and his buddies that helped create the current "balance" wants outposts unlocked.

Ville wrote:

So there is 14 people in general chat.  With the 5 people in NSE 3 in PHM (5 actually...***.) so that's 8.  With 14 in general chat.  So that's 8/14 so that's 57% of the population is actively playing on Beta!  That's over half!  Better than most MMOs I know % wise.  Hell Beastmode even OTHERS is actively using Beta islands.  There is a whole other group(PUN INTENDED) using beta's and not crying about given free stuff, those dudes actually earn it and don't piss and moan while getting it done!  It's only YOU and your immediate Corp that want game manipulation by the developers.  Sad really..

Could argue the reason we have 10 players online is because of the poor Beta ownership mechanics. I know we'd play more if more sides could co-exist on Betas and I know many from your side would log in more if the game had more PVP.

Burial wrote:

Could argue the reason we have 10 players online is because of the poor Beta ownership mechanics. I know we'd play more if more sides could co-exist on Betas and I know many from your side would log in more if the game had more PVP.

You guys have argued that point endlessly.. and failed at it.  If people wanted to move to Beta, they have plenty of ways to do that.  Again, New players don't care about this, its just you and the rest of Joke.  New players are bored long before they care about playing stations games.

I'm kinda on the fence with this one: Owning an outpost should have it's perks like being able to lock it, getting locked out kind of sucks for industry on beta. The main issue with this game for me it doesn't feel right anymore.

The sucky UI the feeling of danger during combat is not there, feels artificial.

Back on topic: It wouldn't hurt if either beta1 or 2 had unlocked outposts, once sparking around is removed. There are enough to go around to make your choice.

RIP PERPETUUM

274 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-10-02 11:52:32)

Burial wrote:

The playing population started dissapearing after the atrocious balance patch that you for one, whined and whined for, I admit that there were not a great amount of people playing before but that patch made GC drop from 100+ to what you have now, reap what you sow.

I for one haven't really logged in since, what's the point, Seth Mk2 online is boring, maybe if you and your ilk fessed up and admitted that your whining was misplaced, petitioned for a rollback on the balance patch and that Syndic was correct with his prognosis all along, we would have a far better balanced game with more people willing to put the effort in.

The only reason you want station unlocking is for station games, which alongside gate games is your only playstyle, for which Seth Mk2s are ideally suited, especially with no counters.

One word against Station unlocking, FOOM, I was there and it was broken as hell.

Nooodlzs wrote:

You keep telling yourself the same thing in that little echo chamber you all live in but it doesn't make it true. Some people wanted to rebalance Ewar (its still broken). The balance patch removed racial bonus' created undemobable arbalast mk2 and because of the racial bonus change made the Seth mk2 best at everything. Thats nothing to do with an ewar change.

Demonising individuals to make yourself feel better doesn't change the facts. The facts are nobody is playing. The facts are a significant portion of the playerbase would have played if this change would have happened (Joke alone went to 12 people in a week when it looked like Zoom was going to do it). The fact is the game is more dead after three months than it was.

Another six months will bring the same result - without room to grow and play the game will always be a single entity stranglehold. Whoever that entity is doesn't matter, its the mechanics that are the problem and the lack of emergent gameplay. Worrying about station games when there is nobody living in them and nobody fighting is insanity.