Topic: Poll: 2015 Roadmap features and balance rankings

There are 2 categories broken down by the type of feature described in the dev blog: "New Features/reworks" and "Balancing/small features".  Please click the link below, and rank each topic in order of what is most important to do first. 

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/xdnfbd/p … e-priority

I hate to step on toes, I know Ville has a topic up for this but parsing that in a meaningful way with lots of posts was going to be difficult for devs and players alike.  By all means still use that topic and others for continued discussion where this poll does not provide room for elaboration in a public forum. 

I did not want to overcomplicated this poll, but I think it is also important to note (Devs) that low rankings might also reflect features or balancing that players may not want to see ever/at all. 

Thank you for participating, and I hope that this proves useful for everyone participating!

Re: Poll: 2015 Roadmap features and balance rankings

Thanks, didn't know there was a website for this kind of poll.

Had to look around a bit, but its a quick and easy one. 
Can you make this sticky? Maybe just for a time?

sure

Disclaimer: logicalNegation has sent me the link to see the results, but I think it might be better if we make the results public only after some time has passed, to not influence it.

The poll is a great idea for feedback. How long will it stay up? The only reason I ask is because the blog has only just come out, I'd like to think a bit on some things, talk with my corp mates, other players etc. Then maybe take the poll.. Maybe we should just step back for a little bit and take a deep breath while it all sinks in..  Just a suggestion..

I think we'll surely wait at least a week before we draw serious conclusions from the results.

Set to expire in 2 months.

Ok, thanks..

Any chance we could get 'Open Beta 1 stations' to the list?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Any chance we could get 'Open Beta 1 stations' to the list?

That would require its own poll, but then again it would end up in accusations about alt voting so what's the point.

You know your playerbase. big_smile

Burial wrote:

You know your playerbase. big_smile

Damn it ... *log off small army of alts* tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Zoom: Can you estimate roughly how you define a small feature update, in terms on how long it will take to develop?

RIP PERPETUUM

Small is anywhere between hours and a few weeks.

16 (edited by Inda 2015-07-27 16:25:52)

So I would take this topic, because I would make a bit more detailed post.

I just dived into the proposed changes. So I would distinguish them for more. I also ordered in divisions.

0: Most questionable:                                       - Field Rescue

1st: Bigger ones, or bigger changes (in order):   - SynTech Robots
                                                                      - Tech5 modules
                                                                      - Robot paint

2nd: QoL ones, and I think importants:              - Squad mission problem
                                                                      - QoL Corporation: production, balance
                                                                      - Balancing: Islands indsutry, robot speed

3rd: Interesting new ones:                                - SynTech Supply Drops
                                                                      - SnyTech NEWS

4th: Others that are importants:                        - Artifact
                                                                      - Buddy Program
                                                                      - Steam sharing cards
                                                                      - API modules
                                                                      - Items Linking

5th: Not really important ones:                          - NPC rework
                                                                      - Loot rework
                                                                      - Beacons rework

I would see the QoL changes mostly first, then Pain jobs beacuse of Christmas. And every new patch could contain a bigger ones (Syn Robots, Tier5) and smaller ones and plus the really good idea as Syn News, Syn Supply Drops.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

DEV Zoom wrote:

If each one could take roughly a few weeks at most, then I guess the order is not really that important, and anyways you might feel it could save time if some of them are done together or one after another I suppose.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

If each one could take roughly a few weeks at most, then I guess the order is not really that important, and anyways you might feel it could save time if some of them are done together or one after another I suppose.

Sure, we're probably get the really fast ones to the top anyway, regardless of feedback.

Feedback can be important, especially for pointing out some flaws like Gamma walls.

I mean order of development feedback of course smile

Zoom what are your thoughts on an alliance system down the road?

Is it something that's completely off the table?

It's not off the table but I don't think that question is that much relevant with the current playerbase.

I agree, all of the Small Features/Balancing I would like to see addressed first in some logical order (releasing nerfs with boosts to 'lessen the blow').

We had 65 votes, the numbers mean the average place where people would like to see the feautres (ie. lower is "better").

Of the "New features & significant reworks", what would you like to see be implemented first? (Order by priority: Top = Most important)

3.5 NPC reworks
3.6 Loot rework
6.4 Tier 5 modules
6.5 Syndicate supply drops
7.2 Artifacts rework
7.4 Syndicate robots
7.5 Robot paint
8.2 Distress beacon rework
8.3 Geoscan result sharing
9.0 Buddy program
10.0 New market system
10.0 Field terminal courier services
10.6 Steam trading cards
10.7 Field rescue
11.1 Syndicate News Central

Of the "Balance & smaller improvements", what would you like to see be addressed first? (Order by priority: Top = Most important)

4.5 Industrial facility balance
5.0 Mineral field balance
5.5 Robot speed balance
6.6 Corporation production folders
7.5 Squad assignment issues
8.1 NPC restricted areas
8.1 Financial divisions
9.6 Gamma turrets vs NPCs
9.8 Module diminishing returns
10.7 Item linking in chat
10.9 Lighting reworks
11.0 T1 prototyping
11.5 Remote market transactions
11.5 Equipment in killmails
11.7 Specimen processing SAP rework
12.5 Intrusion changes
12.6 External main terminal usage
13.8 Log pagination fixes

Thank you for participating!

How hard is the industrial facilities rebalance?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.