Topic: tactical warfare

I think it would be a neat feature if you could equip tactical weapons as in long range weapons.

You cant shoot them directly at a target, but need someone in the target area to mark a static coordinate on the ground.

This coordinate is then being broadcasted to the long range guy who targets that coordinate from up to 5000m and fires his weapon.

These could be missiles, em or laser/plasma grenades. Heavy AoE dmg on a static non moving coordinate, long reload time only usable with a second person to mark the target.

Re: tactical warfare

I was thinking about this the other day in terms of artillery modules.  I'd like to see a module that is effectively a painting laser to call in targets for artillery bots.

Yes, something like these ideas would add more possibilities to pvp - skillsets, squads - and could possibly break up blobs - anyway it would be fun - team coordination etc.

4 (edited by Gremrod 2011-01-06 21:27:42)

You have seen this dev blog? http://perpetuum-online.blogspot.com/20 … gress.html

Without knowing the full mechanics around the intended Artillery the devs have in mind.

It would almost seem you would need someone to use a target painter for any target beyond 1 click of the artillery position, unless the artillery stuff will have a wider radar range.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23