Topic: Syndicate supply drops SSDs (24 July Dev blog discussion)

My initial thoughts are that this is a good way to bring content exclusive to Beta to the game.

To create more PvP opportunities may I suggest the two following tweaks:

1. The time of the SSD is within a range not a specific time, lets say instead, a twenty minute window.
2. Instead of dropping syndicate store items the drop would be redeemable package, the twist being that it can only be redeemed at a Beta terminal on a different faction's island. The volume of the SSD must need at least a Sequer to move.

Number 2 would prevent the SSD becoming the new SAP loot.

It would also be nice if the SSD's arrival on terrain was less boring than an icon appearing in Landmarks and was perhaps accompanied by a fiery decent from the heavens observable from across the island (rather like stray missiles used to be back in the day)

Re: Syndicate supply drops SSDs (24 July Dev blog discussion)

Disappointed that this hasn't had much discussion.

I think it's a real opportunity to introduce something new and interesting to the game if done correctly.

I think it's a good idea in general and tbh you can't really *** this one up.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Make different kinds perhaps, both smaller that can be hauled in a sequer, but also bigger and more valuable ones that require a scarab mk2, thus giving an opportunity for both a nice profit for the one that collects it, but a really juicy PVP target. smile
Preferably the SSD would only last a set time after beeing picked up aswell, to further grant PVP opportunities while moved to the second beta island.

I am totally support this idea! Move over it as fast as you can!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

It would also be nice if the SSD's arrival on terrain was less boring than an icon appearing in Landmarks and was perhaps accompanied by a fiery decent from the heavens observable from across the island (rather like stray missiles used to be back in the day)

The smoke graphics you get when rats spawn for missions is cool, just make it red

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."