1 (edited by Ville 2015-07-11 19:40:33)

Topic: Field Terminal NPC Plasma Buy Orders.

So here the Idea:

Field Terminals would have a NPC buy order for plasma.

I have 3 concepts to this:

The first one is the concept of plasma in itself.  The buy orders for plasma would be adjusted so if you sold in a NPC MAIN terminal you would always make more money.  But the Field terminals would allow for a quick dump or plasma to the terminal.  So if I was on alpha 1 and I killed a mob went to the Field terminal to sell it, I could get 200 Nic per piece but 250 Nic in the NPC MAIN terminal.  On Beta you get 250 at field terminal and 300 in the npc terminal.

2 ways this could be implemented:

1.  A "Market Lite" option added to the field terminal that sells basic essentials(cans, charges, and incubators) at a little extra convenience fee like 10 to 20% more than the terminal.  In the market Lite could have the buy orders for the plasma could be there.
2.  A scalable mission at each level that buys plasma (you would need a minimal amount of plasma for this:  So Level 0 would only buy 1000 plasma for X nic, Level 1 would buy 10,000 plasma for X nic and so on, for 0 relationship gain too.)

This would cut down on the OMFG: ratting on Beta is so hard WTFBBQ, and would mean players could do more things on an island without being logged in a terminal. 

Thoughts?

*EDITED CLARIFICATION*

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Field Terminal NPC Plasma Buy Orders.

Nothing wrong with this I guess.

RIP PERPETUUM

replace field terminals with robots, and put question marks above their heads.
thanks

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

thanks

Wait I wasn't the only one?

I am Perpetuum.

Annihilator wrote:

thanks

Aren't they already?

Trying hard to replace unlocked OP eh?

RIP PERPETUUM

I'm just thinking about farming spawns near FT and not having to haul it back.

Ville wrote:

I'm just thinking about farming spawns near FT and not having to haul it back.

So then call for a bounty system and be done with it.

I am Perpetuum.

Wasted development time.

I'm not against the idea but I think a bounty system would be better.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I'm not against the idea but I think a bounty system would be better.

true

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

doesn't that mean your straight copying eve?

Ville wrote:

doesn't that mean your straight copying eve?

well either system is a 'copy' of another game really ville. Both have their place and I can see reasons for either system.

Archage has a better system than either, it uses something like plasma mechanics but with purses that you can open for potentially great money or maybe not that great. I think thats a better system than all three - its a nice little extra bonus and helps with the skinner box. ANyone whos done a few hundred jesters purses will agree im sure big_smile

Perhaps perpetuum could do somethig similar

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Either copy from a game that sucks, or copy from a game that is financially successful.

Which One, You Decide!

I am Perpetuum.

eve's pve works in kinda the same way as archage. You get a static reward (isk) and you get a semi static reward (loot) with interval based reward increases (faction rats), interval based great reward increases (faction rat loot) and ultra rare random rewards (officer rat).

Thats just belt rats.

Then there is increased difficulty versions of the same thing with sleepers. Theres a story based version of the same thing, only instead of officer rats they give additional liner reward through mission types and additional interval reward withy storyline missions.

If random reward is your thing they have their own version of artifacting - scanning.

The trouble with the reward in perpetuum is its all liner. There isn't really any interval or random. That removes the skinner box and makes it boring.

Basically, This. ^

I am Perpetuum.

+1 to Jita's post. hope the DEVs read it & have a good long hard think about what he said hes very right.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

basicly, there is to much regular loot.

with the new mission system, and static spawns replaced by roaming ones, the loot system should be reviewed ASAP.
Plasma, Fragments and T1 modules are things that should not drop on regular basis.

replace "recycling" with "scavanging" of wreaks.