Topic: Interesting

We will see how this turns out.

Might take a serious look at this for future game design.

https://www.themittani.com/features/7-d … stop-clock

I am Perpetuum.

Re: Interesting

its always been the toughest issue in games that allow you the player to "claim" territory. How you can do that in a way that reflects the active populations that live & play in that area, without turning the game into a complete grind.

I have still never seen a true dynamic system, that can avoid "afk empires"

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

If things go south over there with 'Fozziesov', good news for Prepetuum I guess.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

If things go south over there with 'Fozziesov', good news for Prepetuum I guess.

I disagree strong.

Why, the Dev's here have a very similar mindset.

I personally think it is why we are in this situation to a SMALL degree.

I am Perpetuum.

5 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-09 16:14:25)

Perpetuum wrote:
Celebro wrote:

I disagree strong.

Why, the Dev's here have a very similar mindset.

I personally think it is why we are in this situation to a SMALL degree.

Very SMALL degree. Eve has been more successful and longest lived MMO than the developers wildest dreams. The new mechanics makes for interesting discussions, though I would say the author of that article sounds quite biased as he is probably losing a lot of sov space with the new system, as a defender, at least in theory. The change is so complex and drastic I wouldn't dare to speculate , with so many players in that sandbox and different play styles.

Eve is now in unchartered waters, and CCP has a lot to lose, Perp has really not much to lose, it could experiment more with drastic PVP changes. If it becomes a complete disaster for them, we might get some coming this way even though Perp is not perfect by any means.

RIP PERPETUUM

can't be as bad as Elite Dangerous' "Powerplay" system

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

TBH i think SOV should be completely detached from structures & be a pure "epeen" *** waving thing thats cheap to plant in a  system & thats all it does.

All this talk about mechanics & metrics that measure who lives ina  system is a waste of time. Its simple. If you can survive & fend off attacks on your structures congratulations. you have proven you live there smile

As for Perpetuum & seeing intrusion 2.0 I think you have 2 options.
1. No player owned Beta outposts.
2. A in game tournament system for outpost ownership.

I think Gamma works well & you can cannibalize enemy structures & take over control.

just my 2c

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

TBH i think SOV should be completely detached from structures & be a pure "epeen" *** waving thing thats cheap to plant in a  system & thats all it does.

All this talk about mechanics & metrics that measure who lives ina  system is a waste of time. Its simple. If you can survive & fend off attacks on your structures congratulations. you have proven you live there smile

I think Gamma works well & you can cannibalize enemy structures & take over control.

just my 2c

Ok. 

Glad were getting the terrible ideas out their so we know when the good ones come around.  wink

I am Perpetuum.

9 (edited by Burial 2015-07-10 00:58:35)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

just my 2c

Pretty much.

Perpetuum wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

just my 2c

Ok. 

Glad were getting the terrible ideas out their so we know when the good ones come around.  wink

thats OK bad ideas are better than no ideas smile