Re: Beta Island's change

DEV Zoom wrote:

Currently I don't think it's possible to make a stance on either side. With all the incoming changes involving betas too (missions, field terminals, NPC changes, SPT removal), all your reasoning here could be moot and would have to be revised after those changes.

QFT

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Currently I don't think it's possible to make a stance on either side. With all the incoming changes involving betas too (missions, field terminals, NPC changes, SPT removal), all your reasoning here could be moot and would have to be revised after those changes.

QFT

Fair enough. Any chance of a couple of islands with four NPC stations only?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

103 (edited by Burial 2015-06-30 17:17:49)

Ville wrote:

The emerging corps have to engage in diplomacy and let's be honest Burial what do you thinks going to happen when an alliance moves into an unlocked terminal?  People are going to move in behind them and play docking games to get them to flag under an outpost and they do a login trap under them!  Burial I was there.  I knew how *** up it was man.  It only hinders small corps.

... and what do you think will happen if they try to squeeze all those corporations into three terminals? There's no space to grow or do anything while other outposts are unused but locked, waiting for blob to put their teddy-gloves on out of boredom and letting them live there.

With or without sparks, game world doesn't support healthy number of alliances. If the developers want the game to be healthy, they need to either:
1) Add more Betas.
2) Fix current ones.

In my opinion, it's pretty stupid to saturate the game world with even more empty and broken Betas when only thing they'd have to do is fix the current ones.

Ville wrote:

The death of emergent corps lies in the lack of high end content that keeps veteran corps continually entertained.  Progress systems that put veteran corps on the field mining/harvesting.  Thats what is killing emergent game play.

Dude, it's not a PVE game. PVE is just a means for PVP. All the game needs is healthy amount of PVP for everyone not just vets and alliances and people will stick around.

*edit: Offensive. - DEV Zoom

Burial, you rage quit when jumping through mobile teleports while flagged was stopped because everyone and their mother just ghanked people and ran.  You Burial were the champion of running from PVP.  You'd only engage if you have 15 mobile teleports dropped and could safely disengage.

So tell me about how you should become the moral authority on how much pvp should happen? 

Collectively Joke has QQ'd about no one lives on Beta for the past 2 weeks.  You showed up 3 times yesterday and found good pvp.  In one day.

We have collectively told you what islands are being utilized.  We keep active eyes out on probes and are able to respond to such threats.

So once again for the "nth million time".  3/4 of the things your complaining about for this game would be solved if YOU, and your team mates just played the game.  And if you don't want to play the game that's fine.  But running around these forums *** about the game because you don't want to play is not constructive.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

If after seeing 3 influxes of players die off I still thought the issues can be fixed by playing, I'd play.

Burial wrote:

If after seeing 3 influxes of players die off I still thought the issues can be fixed by playing, I'd play.

You can!  It's a sandbox.  We all have the same tools.  Instead of complaining on the forums why not pick up the cross and start the crusade.  If locked betas are the problem then work yourself into a position to open them all up!  And you can generate Pvp content AND open up content to the community!  See?  There's always a solution.

107 (edited by Burial 2015-06-30 19:01:19)

Falling back on the everything is fine rhetoric is easy.

Burial wrote:

No.  I am using the "If you want something done right, you do it yourself" mantra.  Now if you would like to work for something instead of asking for hand outs you can easily obtain it.

Ville wrote:
Illiathos wrote:
Jita wrote:

Were you not the guy who said the amount of pvp on beta is fine?

No. Also, your comment is irrelevant to my reply.

Dude, stop.  Your level of *** posting is insane.  The question was directed at me not you so please kindly stop replying to questions directed at me.  And yes.  It has it spurts and lulls but for population it is Fine.

Whoops, i misread the posters, my bad. Didnt mean to talk instead of you ville.

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

No.  I am using the "If you want something done right, you do it yourself" mantra.  Now if you would like to work for something instead of asking for hand outs you can easily obtain it.

Well that's true. Nobody has tried for the last two years. The biker gang didn't try vs STC. This was all a dream.

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

Ville, you always think we have ulterior motives, we are not looking for hand outs, that is not true at all, we want the game to succeed , and we all know the status quo isn't working.

RIP PERPETUUM

Tonnik wrote:
Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

Well that's true. Nobody has tried for the last two years. The biker gang didn't try vs STC. This was all a dream.

We liberated all of beta from STC and we took a few gammas too before they were wiped.  I really have no clue what your talking about.

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

Ville, you always think we have ulterior motives, we are not looking for hand outs, that is not true at all, we want the game to succeed , and we all know the status quo isn't working.

YOUR status quo is not working.  Which is not login and complain on the forums.

Ville wrote:
Tonnik wrote:
Ville wrote:

We liberated all of beta from STC and we took a few gammas too before they were wiped.  I really have no clue what your talking about.

It took you a year. And you had to wait for CIR to come back.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville, I remember an old post of yours where you complained how boring it was to fight the same people over and over again and how territory control wasn't possible with the unlimited blobs, and how big problem two sides fighting each other were til one either gets bored or conquered followed by months of nothing to do.

Yet now, here you are justifying how 'everything is fine'.

It's just funny how opinions change when you're the one playing the system.

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

It took you a year. And you had to wait for CIR to come back.

Whats stopping you from doing the same?  Building a group from the ground up on Alpha and becoming something again?

Burial wrote:

Ville, I remember an old post of yours where you complained how boring it was to fight the same people over and over again and how territory control wasn't possible with the unlimited blobs, and how big problem two sides fighting each other were til one either gets bored or conquered followed by months of nothing to do.

No Burial I got off my *** and did something.  You should try it, in fact you did, and you had a good time. 

Sitting around complaining on the forums the sky is falling and sitting around here not trying to shore up the pillars holding the sky from falling 8is not helping.  So BE a PILLAR and hold the sky back.  Or follow your status quo and QQ on the forums how the worlds ending and etc...  Either way IDC I got some pillars to brace up.

117 (edited by Burial 2015-07-01 20:48:08)

DEV Zoom wrote:

THREE times now, different alliances have captured all Betas. Three times. Do you really believe adding 10-15 minutes of travel time is going to change anything? If someone can hold all Betas with instant travel, they can hold all Betas with 10-15min travel.

You're so unwilling to fix any mechanics before people *** them to pieces. Only then you see the problem.

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

No Burial I got off my *** and did something.  You should try it, in fact you did, and you had a good time. 

Sitting around complaining on the forums the sky is falling and sitting around here not trying to shore up the pillars holding the sky from falling 8is not helping.  So BE a PILLAR and hold the sky back.  Or follow your status quo and QQ on the forums how the worlds ending and etc...  Either way IDC I got some pillars to brace up.

Good for you, have fun.

I am enjoying the placing the burden of proof on the opposing faction, game.

Its a great argumentative tactic.

I am Perpetuum.

Open stations don't create space, they return an old problem to the table - PVP accounts logged off in someone's home-station.

It also creates "escape options", very similar to how mobile teleports used to be. With bot speeds as they are, the same people who stopped playing when they couldn't jump flagged through mobile tp's anymore, could now just run to the closest station/teleport and escape.

It's a dead horse that got beaten into the ground successfully with locked stations.

Corporations should invest assets to harvest cream on Beta.

The cream should be buffed though, as right now there's little to no competition for any station nevermind all of them. Give players tangible economic reason to constantly combat for control of the outposts, instead of "meh might as well live on alpha".

Naismith wrote:

It also creates "escape options", very similar to how mobile teleports used to be. With bot speeds as they are, the same people who stopped playing when they couldn't jump flagged through mobile tp's anymore, could now just run to the closest station/teleport and escape.

Escape options is the whole point. In a game where the only way to engage superior numbers is to hit when you have the advantage and withdraw you need options for escape. In a game where your choice is engage superior numbers or not take part in any of the PvP areas you need other options. Having an inbetween to that fight or lose everything mentality would enable people. Thats why it would encourage PvP, discourage alliance's (as turning up with forces far superior to your targets will just leave you blue balled outside of a station) and encourage more tactics involving traps and skirmish.

Its a choice really - do you want a two side game where one will win 90% of the time until they begin to lose 90% of the time or do you want a game with mutliple factions that encourages smaller groups.

121 (edited by Burial 2015-07-10 21:54:48)

Naismith wrote:

It's a dead horse that got beaten into the ground successfully with locked stations.

There's no encouragement for corporations to fully move to Betas if their work can be locked off during the holidays/weekend by a bigger force. Then, to get the main asset bank back, they'd have to fight against a locked station, against bigger force, with secondary assets stored elsewhere. Weeeeeeeeee.

Where's the motivation for corporations to move out of Alpha with these conditions?

The whole purpose of this game changed into *** after Beta locks got added. You are either part of the biggest blob and have the PVE content to keep some entertained, or not and have to live off of Alpha until you can take on the blob and repeat the cycle.

Or not play at all like most have chosen.

Where's the fun in that.. ? No wonder this game has no *** population.

Naismith wrote:

Corporations should invest assets to harvest cream on Beta.

The cream should be buffed though, as right now there's little to no competition for any station nevermind all of them. Give players tangible economic reason to constantly combat for control of the outposts, instead of "meh might as well live on alpha".

More rewards also mean more reasons to blob up and more reasons to lock others off.

The cream part should apply to Gamma. It's the bread-and-butter blob content with huge sieges etc. Beta danger should come from other people trying to kill you.

I would suggest that Beta Lock's stay in place.

Reasons?

Sparks are being removed.

Period.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

I would suggest that Beta Lock's stay in place.

Reasons?

Sparks are being removed.

Period.

Nobody gives a *** what an Alt whose to scared to show his main thinks.

Period.

Going back to old old old perpetuum, the only reason M2S stayed on Hokk is because there were no station locks. In today's mechanics hoop would have easily owned everywhere and the only time this game had decent Pvp and people living on beta would have been broken.

i lived on beta when there have been police towers big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear