Re: Beta Island's change

Actually, because beast couldn't fight anyone else he decided he wanted to kill our miners trying to mine epi.  We weren't at war with you but he had to kill something.  http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/261890  . So as far as i'm concerned beastmode can shove it up his *** about us joining CIR and friends.

Tonnik wrote:

This may be an alien concept to you but when I make a suggestion or post I'm not doing it for me or my corp but because I think it's best for the game to succeed. I'm one of the few people left in game that has seen what good looks like and would like to see it again. Don't be so partisan.

This made me laugh, out loud. lol

Jita, claiming to be Perpetuum's White Knight.

LOLZ!!!!

The bottom line being unlocked stations on Beta only cater to a small remnant group, maybe 5 actual players, who prefer trying to kill things in throwaway fits, and it would be really nice if they could dock/undock one of their characters from each Beta station in-game, instead of having to use the 3 unlocked NPC stations in the game now.

Naismith wrote:

The bottom line being unlocked stations on Beta only cater to a small remnant group, maybe 5 actual players, who prefer trying to kill things in throwaway fits, and it would be really nice if they could dock/undock one of their characters from each Beta station in-game, instead of having to use the 3 unlocked NPC stations in the game now.

Even the owners of beta stations don't live there. Using your usual 'everything is fine' meme is idiotic. What objection do you have to more PvP?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Naismith wrote:

What's so bad about catering Betas towards smaller corporations? That's like 101 on reducing unused landmass, diversifying politics and providing more pvp opportunities.

Burial wrote:
Naismith wrote:

What's so bad about catering Betas towards smaller corporations? That's like 101 on reducing unused landmass, diversifying politics and providing more pvp opportunities.

What will happen when SpT is removed is there will be space open up for people to breathe without, "Oh Look pvp on green island, spark the world there."  It'll be like well we can't escalate so GG whoever.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:
Naismith wrote:

What will happen when SpT is removed is there will be space open up for people to breathe without, "Oh Look pvp on green island, spark the world there."  It'll be like well we can't escalate so GG whoever.

A small corp will never live in a beta station that can be locked out whenever a big corp decides they want to. That means they will live at best in the beta stations. All of the problems you highlighted earlier will be in those stations only concentrated to three locations and not 12.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Spreading out the problem doesn't solve it, it just further caters to your group of 5 actual players to sneak around and try to get a kill or two, at the expense of every corporation small or large that's trying to hold a station.

You have no capability to hold a station ergo you won't, unlocking them allows people like me to simply come live in the Beta station of whoever I feel should be evicted.

Naismith wrote:

Spreading out the problem doesn't solve it, it just further caters to your group of 5 actual players to sneak around and try to get a kill or two, at the expense of every corporation small or large that's trying to hold a station.

You have no capability to hold a station ergo you won't, unlocking them allows people like me to simply come live in the Beta station of whoever I feel should be evicted.

It does however that becomes harder without sparks and with multiple entities living on multiple islands.

There will never be "multiple entities" in this game.

Accounts are now sparks.

Same game except everyone without 10 accounts automatically loses.

86 (edited by Tonnik 2015-06-29 22:36:22)

Naismith wrote:

There will never be "multiple entities" in this game.

Accounts are now sparks.

Same game except everyone without 10 accounts automatically loses.

Sure they will. Wasn't it not long ago that NSE wanted to pair with remedy for just that? The only reason a lot of corps are together is because you need to be to even try and compete. Giving people the room not to need to do that will stop that train of thinking.

This point is Syndic, the current way of working leaves beta empty and dead. Why not try something different? At this point there is nothing to lose. It might be your right and it won't help at all but it's better to try something rather than sit and do the same *** that isn't working for another year of no content.

If it was as easy as the debs putting another three islands in with four npc terminals then I'd say do that. Since it's probably not just open beta 1 and leave beta 2 lockable so you can have both kinds of beta. If it doesn't help then by all means turn it back.

Yes you guys fought for it and congratulations you won. It's time to move on from that fact and try and help the game grow much like STC did back in the day and you guys did with Norhoop.

87 (edited by Naismith 2015-06-30 08:47:34)

Multiple entities will never appear in this game, because for that to happen your bloc with a lot more actual corporations would have to actually split up, play the game and make some hard choices. Eventually 2/3rds of your bloc would band together and wipe out the 1/3.

As us and M2S almost completely wiped out your No Hope alliance, leaving just enough fodder alive to serve in the ultimate showdown.

Our block of ~3 corporations won't be changing. Our Beta's are full and busy. We have content to do daily.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … x-and-you/

That has been our "different" for 6 months. Only NSE and OTHERS took the opportunity given to them to establish something on Hokkagaros and Kentagura. The rest of the population is only leeching from OTHERS while nobody is looking.

If we wanted to, Kentagura would be blitzkrieged in a week. Get the station below 50, move into it and make use of our supply depot there. That would be our modus operandi.

And you think the best choice would be to just open it up, so you can run in circles around Beta one island ahead of any opposition, ninja mining epi? lol

Naismith wrote:

for that to happen your bloc with a lot more actual corporations would have to actually split up

Since i've done that I think four times already i'm sure this won't be an issue

Naismith wrote:

Our block of ~3 corporations won't be changing.

I would expect nothing less. Apparently its everyone else in the game who is responsible for good content and it's your guys responsibility to block that and grief people as much as possible.

89 (edited by Burial 2015-06-30 13:27:52)

Naismith wrote:

Multiple entities will never appear in this game, because for that to happen your bloc with a lot more actual corporations would have to actually split up, play the game and make some hard choices. Eventually 2/3rds of your bloc would band together and wipe out the 1/3.

That's exactly the reason why Beta-1 locks should get removed. If it's possible to lock&deny stations from others by blobbing up, corporations will do it 1) to not get it done to themselves and 2) to do it to others.

There won't be any room for multiple entities to emerge.

Remove locks and denying becomes about presence on the island, LIKE IT SHOULD SINCE THAT CREATES SPACE AND GENERATES PVP.

Naismith wrote:

And you think the best choice would be to just open it up, so you can run in circles around Beta one island ahead of any opposition, ninja mining epi? lol

That's the difference between you and me. I think it's great if more people were on Betas. Anyone ninja mining can be killed, anyone ninja missioning can be killed. Anyone sitting on Alpha provide no content for others.

I think i'm done arguing anyway. The case is very clear for locking removal. The case against can be summed up in 'because its mine' or ' because someone I don't like might possibly benefit.

You get others arguing 'but you can be griefed' yet the same people are advocating using the open betas. Apparently the irony is lost on them.

If the game ever wants to be more than two sides one of which is weaker and the other of which controls all the games pvp area then you need to address what brings corps together. Fear.

There are unlocked npc terminals in beta. I dont know what you guys are smoking.

Jita wrote:

I think i'm done arguing anyway. The case is very clear for locking removal. The case against can be summed up in 'because its mine' or ' because someone I don't like might possibly benefit.

You get others arguing 'but you can be griefed' yet the same people are advocating using the open betas. Apparently the irony is lost on them.

If the game ever wants to be more than two sides one of which is weaker and the other of which controls all the games pvp area then you need to address what brings corps together. Fear.

Umm... Betas are getting ready to be filled with unlockable field terminals that offer missions, storage and equipment changing.  What contents being locked away??

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

Umm... Betas are getting ready to be filled with unlockable field terminals that offer missions, storage and equipment changing.  What contents being locked away??

Were you not the guy who said the amount of pvp on beta is fine?

94 (edited by Illiathos 2015-06-30 14:57:49)

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

No. Also, your comment is irrelevant to my reply.

95 (edited by Burial 2015-06-30 14:59:52)

@ Zoom: Biggest alliance not seeing the direct benefit in a change to them is no reason to cripple progress. You built a PVP game, so focus on providing and diversifying PVP. If EVE only had 00 block warfare on the map equivalent of a region AT BEST, it wouldn't have more than 20 people playing either.

Basically, if you think everyone is as self-serving as the opposition makes them out to be, then think in terms of whether you want to gear the game towards big alliances or emerging corporations. As long as using Beta stations is dictated by winning SAP fights against big alliances, there's no room for any emerging corporation.

Idea in a nutshell: Remove locks on either Beta 1 or Beta 2 islands. Anyone looking for lockable stations will have space and anyone not interested in the blob fights will have theirs. More PVP and content accross the board.

@ Zoom: just because JOKE is too lazy to fight for saps, dont allow them to influence you changing the mechanics. They still havent answered me about the npc terminal, they just evade that question. It's quite obvious - the new corps have the npc, the corps that play the game have outposts and the rest are forum fighters.

Currently I don't think it's possible to make a stance on either side. With all the incoming changes involving betas too (missions, field terminals, NPC changes, SPT removal), all your reasoning here could be moot and would have to be revised after those changes.

Illiathos wrote:

@ Zoom: just because JOKE is too lazy to fight for saps, dont allow them to influence you changing the mechanics. They still havent answered me about the npc terminal, they just evade that question. It's quite obvious - the new corps have the npc, the corps that play the game have outposts and the rest are forum fighters.

I'm pretty much done talking with ***, but I'll provide you a simple reply, since you keep insisting: The amount of emerging corporations on Betas is directly derived from the amount of space given for them. Think about that for a minute and try to catch up, buddy. No space, no emerging corporations.

Illiathos wrote:
Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

No. Also, your comment is irrelevant to my reply.

Dude, stop.  Your level of *** posting is insane.  The question was directed at me not you so please kindly stop replying to questions directed at me.  And yes.  It has it spurts and lulls but for population it is Fine.

Burial wrote:
Illiathos wrote:

I'm pretty much done talking with ***, but I'll provide you a simple reply, since you keep insisting: The amount of emerging corporations on Betas is directly derived from the amount of space given for them. Think about that for a minute and try to catch up, buddy. No space, no emerging corporations.

The emerging corps have to engage in diplomacy and let's be honest Burial what do you thinks going to happen when an alliance moves into an unlocked terminal?  People are going to move in behind them and play docking games to get them to flag under an outpost and they do a login trap under them!  Burial I was there.  I knew how *** up it was man.  It only hinders small corps. 

Arc X used to ghAnk the *** out of people under brightstone so much he used to harvest their Nora and they KNEW he was doing it!  But the fear of all kinds of *** logging in terrified people.

The death of emergent corps lies in the lack of high end content that keeps veteran corps continually entertained.  Progress systems that put veteran corps on the field mining/harvesting.  Thats what is killing emergent game play.