26 (edited by Arga 2011-01-05 21:18:50)

Re: A Different Sort of Battle

So, they reduced their numbers at some point, and lost the blob advantage; this actually bolster my agruement about numbers being able to over run tactics.

As for individual fits, as I said I was just generalizing the case.

To analyze the actual first engagement though, I think the agressing force didn't assume the Tech/EA advantage would have an effect and pushed the first encounter off the teleport. The defensive retreat, while sound, was not really a tactical master-piece, however the aggressive force got strung out chasing and I believe you were able to apply damage to the leading edge because of your speed and range. If you acutally killed anyone it was bad tactics on their part for being too far forward. On the otherside though, I can see they were trying to tackle and kill, but again that was poor offense, not great defense.

Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but they had the numbers and if they had stayed in a group moving at 42 and forced you to come to them as they advanced to to a fixed target point, where your speed would have been negated.

edit: damn you for changing my troll to something ALMOST useful

Arga wrote:
Tiggus wrote:

The funny part to me is infestation fights 2:1 odds in these intrusions all the time, I would absolutely love to see what would happen in an actual 1:1 fight, you know, even odds.

Also if you're placing more importance on skills/equipment than leadership you are doing it wrong.  There were a couple major errors made on the attackers side that allowed what happened to occur, and also a great deal of excellent maneuvering and calls on the defensive side that turned things around for the underdogs.  Downplay it if you want but m2s has some great tactical leaders in largescale combat and combined with an alliance of non-retarded troops who don't fit autocannons on artemises that is what won the day.

And I agree with you on all those points. Your alliance just automatically goes into defensive mode whenever anyone posts something in their thread they percieve as negative.

The only thing I was trying to point out, was the comment about numbers and that if both sides had the same tech and skills level (not player skill, EP skill) that the numbers would have overrun any tactics you could have used. The fact that your alliance has pulled together as a group and brought your all your team up to T4 and properly fit is great and your tactics were sound so you deserved to win this engagement....

But your corp does enough self-promotion, don't need me to, so I add some troll bait to keep us all busy at work.

If you think that I invite you to try because it won't work.

We could have had twice the numbers and full T4 fittings with maxed ep and it would have made no difference. They were fit for range and speed, we were not. Short of leaving the island and refitting the only thing we could have done was pretty much what we did. Try and stay alive long enough to achieve the objective under cover of reps.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

If you think that I invite you to try because it won't work.

We could have had twice the numbers and full T4 fittings with maxed ep and it would have made no difference. They were fit for range and speed, we were not. Short of leaving the island and refitting the only thing we could have done was pretty much what we did. Try and stay alive long enough to achieve the objective under cover of reps.

And chased us like dogs after a speeding car whenever we came in range.  That helped.

->You just lost The Game<-

If you want a different sort of battle, I'll tell you what:  For the next intrusion, why not agree to send a certain number from each side to do battle, say 30 vs 30.  Send your best from each side and duke it out.

This would allow for

A) Force selection strategy

B) Tactics in combat

C) Would serve to remove the 'blob' element from combat and show who the superior force is through the above mentioned points instead of just numbers.

Bastian Croft wrote:

If you want a different sort of battle, I'll tell you what:  For the next intrusion, why not agree to send a certain number from each side to do battle, say 30 vs 30.  Send your best from each side and duke it out.

This would allow for

B) Tactics in combat

C) Would serve to remove the 'blob' element from combat and show who the superior force is through the above mentioned points instead of just numbers.

No.  We dont want any easy fights.

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:
Bastian Croft wrote:

This would allow for

B) Tactics in combat

No.  We dont want any easy fights.

Oh, please.

That's all I'll say on that subject.