Re: Spark Teleports

DEVs I would really ask you what is your goal about this change and what is your opinion what will change?

Some hints:
1) I will lose many ability to my actual play as: Spark to Gamma to harvest Noralgis, spark to Beta to scan my Beta bases event, spark to Alpha 1 to set buy and sell orders to maintain our new player market. Also it will decrease my incom to even worse, so I will reach the point I dont have any profit.

2) It will incentive more alts and logout/logins.

3) Its again hit even harder the solo players, your agenda seems like to not allow as many players to play but less availability to players.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

The people saying to remove STP are being idiots lol. Living on a Gamma would be nothing short of painful.
The only thing missing from STP is a cool down. Its lack of cool down which is the problem.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

-16 general speed decrese on bots (20 khp increase to basic)

+14 on highways (50 increse to basic)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

DEVs I would really ask you what is your goal about this change and what is your opinion what will change?

Some hints:
1) I will lose many ability to my actual play as: Spark to Gamma to harvest Noralgis, spark to Beta to scan my Beta bases event, spark to Alpha 1 to set buy and sell orders to maintain our new player market. Also it will decrease my incom to even worse, so I will reach the point I dont have any profit.

2) It will incentive more alts and logout/logins.

3) Its again hit even harder the solo players, your agenda seems like to not allow as many players to play but less availability to players.

This! Many players commenting here only see the implications of one corp being able to park over dozens beta outposts to get sap loot. This does help either the newbies (that want beta) or butthurt alliance (that are piss afraid of cir) get some stations, as many people will be too lazy to travel 4 islands just for a sap. I dont particularly see PHM keeping laosura or initia after the sparks get removed (unless they are really dedicated).

HOWEVER!! The removal of sparks are a big pain in the *** for the producers, especially gamma ones. Not to mention a huge time loss you spend just by moving.

Inda wrote:

-16 general speed decrese on bots (20 khp increase to basic)

+14 on highways (50 increse to basic)

I'm against this until they fix auto to include highways before shortest path.

agree with Autopilot needs those two lines more code (or was it one?) to use highways and teleports.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

delete stp... hm.. nice!
request: pls delete pve, only pvp

Just @ Game

Well I for one don't see the rationale for the spt change....why would you bother with a gamma outpost if you cannot spark to it, you have no epi there. I think having 3 sparks one for each type of island is a good compromise. For goodness sake change the sap mechanic....let saps drop loot if not attended, so people roam for that, and let it revert the ownership over time if unattended.

if its about pvp...that make no sense - say one person at the station, enemies come over, either the person wont engage (as out numbered and no way to have other peeps spark in). = less pvp

my thoughts are have 1 alpha, 1 beta, 1 gama spark, no blood spark

Rynikwiz wrote:

Well I for one don't see the rationale for the spt change....why would you bother with a gamma outpost if you cannot spark to it, you have no epi there. I think having 3 sparks one for each type of island is a good compromise. For goodness sake change the sap mechanic....let saps drop loot if not attended, so people roam for that, and let it revert the ownership over time if unattended.

if its about pvp...that make no sense - say one person at the station, enemies come over, either the person wont engage (as out numbered and no way to have other peeps spark in). = less pvp

my thoughts are have 1 alpha, 1 beta, 1 gama spark, no blood spark

I'm sure they could implement it like this somehow, the 1 spark per island type would be ideal.

DEV Zoom wrote:

This will be in the next devblog too, but I wanted to put it out here: spark teleports will be removed as a whole once we're done with the teleport&highway rework of all islands.

They were introduced as a band-aid for long walk times, but with that being solved through "natural" ways, their negative effects will finally outweigh the positive ones.

That's step 1 to a better game solved. Well done zoom and thank god.

Step 2 is making beta 1 stations not be able to be locked so you have clear alpha beta 1 beta 2 gamma progression.

Step 3 is the talked about rebalancing of your weapon meta system so that PVE matters and we remove all the filler mods.

All you need for step 4 is to redo the balance change properly and you will have a pretty good game again in a month.

Then all you have to worry about is generating a new population explosion and making the balance of power so that they don't get squeezed out of the game like last time.

1,361 (edited by Burial 2015-06-27 11:34:35)

If they want to give more space to players, they can't allow any Alpha or Beta sparks. The whole idea is to expand the travel time between one faction Betas to another without providing any convenient shortcuts.

They should, however, allow a single spark for Gammas so people can at least come and defend and don't need to do Arkhe back every time they move something to Alpha for sale etc.

Burial wrote:

If they want to give more space to players, they can't allow any Alpha or Beta sparks. The whole idea is to expand the travel time between one faction Betas to another without any convenient shortcuts.

They should, however, allow a single spark for Gammas so people can at least come and defend and don't need to do Arkhe back every time they move something to Alpha for sale etc.

Zero Sparks is the only way. Every counter argument here boils down to "but I won't be able to do everything in the game solo" and that's the whole point. You shouldn't be able to. It will be harder for solo players. It should be. You may see more market interaction because of this.

It's fine like that too, true. Not like we have Gammas 5-jumps deep from Betas anymore.

Tonnik wrote:

Zero Sparks is the only way. Every counter argument here boils down to "but I won't be able to do everything in the game solo" and that's the whole point. You shouldn't be able to. It will be harder for solo players. It should be. You may see more market interaction because of this.

QFT

SPT was something unreasonable to implement in the first place.

i kinda get my hopes up to have that other bandaid fix regarding teleports getting replaced by a propper mechanic.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Burial wrote:

If they want to give more space to players, they can't allow any Alpha or Beta sparks. The whole idea is to expand the travel time between one faction Betas to another without providing any convenient shortcuts.

+1

Tonnik wrote:

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

there is a single spark for gamma: its called blood spark.

Annihilator wrote:

They want two sparks really, one for a Pvp location and a blood spark back. Two sparks in this game may as well be ten. No point changing it if even one spark is left.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

They want two sparks really, one for a Pvp location and a blood spark back. Two sparks in this game may as well be ten. No point changing it if even one spark is left.

i know what they want.

actually i agree to ONE degree with the request for a single spark... and that is having a one-way ticket back to your homebase, without the workaround of having to get killed in an arkhe (which will probably be much harder without static spawns near your location wink)

Who needs sparks when we have accounts.

Remove them all!

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

i know what they want.

actually i agree to ONE degree with the request for a single spark... and that is having a one-way ticket back to your homebase, without the workaround of having to get killed in an arkhe (which will probably be much harder without static spawns near your location wink)

but then you would just have a bloodspark in your pvp location

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

We managed Beta/Gamma life just fine prior to spark teleports.  And furthermore we can have a *** game with out blood thirsty pvpers dead on top of you 100% of the time.  Get rid of spark teleports and keep blood spark and everything is GG.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1 to full removal of, or any reduction to, Spark Teleport.
Assuming EP is also refunded for this.

Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:

i know what they want.

Yup, that's exactly the kind of shortcut that should be avoided.

Burial wrote:
Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

i know what they want.

Yup, that's exactly the kind of shortcut that should be avoided.

Assuming you would have to have a bloodspark in your gamma 100%, then that would make it hard for you to defend your beta island, if everytime you die, you are ported to gamma. On the other hand, if you have a gamma  spark and a blood spark, you could set a gamma spark to for example red island's gamma and blood spark to green island's outpost. That would create imbalance. All in all, neither of the 2 options are appealing to me.

I think the best way to combat gamma sparks and all is just giving you a free teleportation to the gamma whenever your gamma is attacked. But that could also mean free sparks for the cost of one corporate arkhe.

All in all, if you find a way to balancing no sparks while retaining gamma terminal protection (you need to spawn inside the base when you are attacked), then props to you.