Topic: Common Kernals

Once the new mission system and changes are fully implemented, how will a solo player be able to get common kernals?  At present, I can go out ratting and get approximatley 75K common kernals an hour with a repper bot (NOT BOTTING YOU FOOLS).  Doing this, it takes our corp and my personal tech tree a long time to develop.  Once you remove that mechanic, the only way I see it possible to get solo common kernals would be to do roaming NPC's.  From what Dev Zoom said, there will be smaller packs of mobs wandering around.  My estimation is that it will be only about a quarter as efficient to obtain common kernals.  Are we able to either

a) reduce the amount of common kernals needed on the tech tree;

b) increase the amount of common kernals dropped by NPC's; or,

c) implement another method of obtaining kernals (possibly a swap of faction kernals for common kernals)

Any ideas, please post!

Re: Common Kernals

Patrol Beacons drop a good amount of common kernels. This generates demand for mission tokens = more people encouraged to run missions = win/win

Jasdemi wrote:

Patrol Beacons drop a good amount of common kernels. This generates demand for mission tokens = more people encouraged to run missions = win/win

This is not solo content.....

SunnyJester wrote:

(NOT BOTTING YOU FOOLS).

Problem identified. smile

I'm sure hardcore player BadAss and a few others would be quite happy to help you with your problem. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

its called demand and supply... the thing that drives the market.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

Basically this. The market is dead because it's so easy to just get everything yourself and use your billions of NIC on nothing. God forbid there would be some shortage of kernels which would drive up their price and have an actual market for them.

It's hard to farm roaming NPCs? Yeah it is, if you want to solo it.
But for multiple independent players selling their kernels because there is a nice demand on the market? Time to outsource your needs if you want to keep up with your research.

though, zoom, its also your fault for still having 75%* of the research (T1-T3) beeing "stepping stones" to the stuff that matters, even now, when you allow the player to ignore all the modules they would never ever use (T4 cargo scanner, most of the NEXUS modules availiable)

*: not counting gamma buildings, where T1 is throw-away, and together with T2, production component of T3

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

though, zoom, its also your fault for still having 75%* of the research (T1-T3) beeing "stepping stones" to the stuff that matters

We're open to any idea on how can you do progression in the game without stepping stones. (In a separate topic.)

Get kernel without farm... remove this f system ketnels, make it how op. Once type kernel for all, 24k in 24h

Just @ Game

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Basically this. The market is dead because it's so easy to just get everything yourself and use your billions of NIC on nothing. God forbid there would be some shortage of kernels which would drive up their price and have an actual market for them.

It's hard to farm roaming NPCs? Yeah it is, if you want to solo it.
But for multiple independent players selling their kernels because there is a nice demand on the market? Time to outsource your needs if you want to keep up with your research.

You last major patch (bot rebalancing) was mainly done to lessen the gap between older players and newer players.  Now this is completely adverse to that as you are making it harder for newer players to complete their tech trees and all of those older corps that beacon pitted for months to do their tech tree are all laughing.  I still don't understand why you are making it harder to achieve something that is already the hardest thing to achieve in your game.

c) A passive obtaining of kernels from some "research" thing. A small amount so even a novice will make more on low level missions. Just select the type once and it's generates some amount of kernels every day. And the extension to increase it a little bit.

Well, something like R&D agents in eve, which aren't proffitable, but a little passive income is interesting, even if it'll be just a small bonus when you sell it all a year after smile
That way there'll be an additional small but constant flow of kernels to the market.

JcJet wrote:

c) A passive obtaining of kernels from some "research" thing. A small amount so even a novice will make more on low level missions. Just select the type once and it's generates some amount of kernels every day. And the extension to increase it a little bit.

Well, something like R&D agents in eve, which aren't proffitable, but a little passive income is interesting, even if it'll be just a small bonus when you sell it all a year after smile
That way there'll be an additional small but constant flow of kernels to the market.

+1

JcJet wrote:

c) A passive obtaining of kernels from some "research" thing.

Passive income is always a problem.

4 agents with 2 months EP and proper equipment each should be able to do firearm beacons. I see nothing wrong in the fact that you need to cooperate for this task. BUt maybe the change require a 0-bar beacon for T2 NPCs.

The problem with common kernel is the fact that there is no NPC dropping common kernel only, but you need far more common kernel than color kernel or even high tech. This is no new issue and several times adressed.

14 (edited by SunnyJester 2015-06-25 20:24:22)

Goffer wrote:
JcJet wrote:

4 agents with 2 months EP and proper equipment each should be able to do firearm beacons. I see nothing wrong in the fact that you need to cooperate for this task. BUt maybe the change require a 0-bar beacon for T2 NPCs.

The problem with common kernel is the fact that there is no NPC dropping common kernel only, but you need far more common kernel than color kernel or even high tech. This is no new issue and several times adressed.

Exactly Goffer.....why are COMMON kernals so UNCOMMON....misnomer, bad programming or lack of interest by the Devs?  Really the HARD kernals to obtain should be the Hitech, not the COMMON kernals.....  Why are we making it hard for people to obtain T1-T3 tech, when it is T4 that is the desired one.  Make Hitech harder and Common easier IMHO.

SunnyJester wrote:
Goffer wrote:
JcJet wrote:

Exactly Goffer.....why are COMMON kernals so UNCOMMON....misnomer, bad programming or lack of interest by the Devs?  Really the HARD kernals to obtain should be the Hitech, not the COMMON kernals.....  Why are we making it hard for people to obtain T1-T3 tech, when it is T4 that is the desired one.  Make Hitech harder and Common easier IMHO.

The balancing is based upon a population with mainly new people doing low level rats. As 95% of ratting is vs mech and heavy its perceived that the kernel balancing is wrong but that's a population problem, not balancing.

Tonnik wrote:
SunnyJester wrote:
Goffer wrote:

The balancing is based upon a population with mainly new people doing low level rats. As 95% of ratting is vs mech and heavy its perceived that the kernel balancing is wrong but that's a population problem, not balancing.

For once I agree with Jita.....so the question is how do you make it better when the population is low that doesn't water them down when the population increases (I know it is a pipe dream but let me dream)

SunnyJester wrote:
Tonnik wrote:
SunnyJester wrote:

For once I agree with Jita.....so the question is how do you make it better when the population is low that doesn't water them down when the population increases (I know it is a pipe dream but let me dream)

You do level 1 beacons

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
SunnyJester wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

You do level 1 beacons

SunnyJester wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

This is not solo content.....

Ain't anyone got time for that, playing with other players?!

the problem is more, that "new player" leave the new player zones after a few days.
With the high starter-EP, the cheap mechs and the fast-level missions, they are not very long "grinding" the NPCs that drop more common kernels then factionals.

ontop of that, its only natural that like 3 of 4 new player expect to craft stuff on their own, hence consuming those low level kernels over putting them on the market.
And - if they compare "want to craft on my own" or "make money with kernels"... they probably decide for the first, due to not enough money offered for kernels.

The will to construct yourself rather that interact and transact is an issue IMO. Everyone in game makes their own *** at a corp level so the market is dead.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

The market it dead?  The game is dead.  I just spent more money on perp credits (on sale) and now I can't even solo a spawn that doesn't make me fall asleep at the keyboard. 

I love the game, but this is downright ridiculous!  Too many wrong turns lately.  sad

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

The market it dead?  The game is dead.  I just spent more money on perp credits (on sale) and now I can't even solo a spawn that doesn't make me fall asleep at the keyboard. 

I love the game, but this is downright ridiculous!  Too many wrong turns lately.  sad

-Ensi

Adapt or die

You mean let all the whiners from the past force the Devs to make the game terrible so people leave?  That's working.

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

You mean let all the whiners from the past force the Devs to make the game terrible so people leave?  That's working.

-Ensi

the DEVs made the game terrible with the implementation of orange. This is a fix for it. You can only blame them for having 2 years delay inbetween.

Hey Dev Z, how about adding common kernals to SAPs to encourage more PvP @ SAP times?