Topic: update 23.06.2015 NPC change

if you take the mark 1 NPC, the all NPC beginning shoot you. this is normal?

i not see it in changelog. my friend lost Gropho MK2 and Riveler.

Just @ Game

Re: update 23.06.2015 NPC change

It's normal but it was like that already in 3.6 as far as I know.

this change after patch 23.06.2015,
Why this change, there is nothing in changelog?

Just @ Game

I just answered above.

From 3.6 patch notes:

Changes to NPC AI

* Non-aggressive (orange) NPCs will now attack you if you attack another enemy NPC near them. (If you are within their sensor range.) Note that they will still disengage after a short time if you don't attack them.

oh ok ok. you change npc, i dont know what change and it my problem. thx 4 answer

Just @ Game

DEV Zoom, you need to be more clear about NPC changes.
The player base is used to the Hello-Kitty world you have created with orange NPCs

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

rivs and grophos are now for sale on the market. smile

9 (edited by Ensireka 2015-06-25 00:26:18)

Actually they hadn't been acting that way till the most recent patch.  So ... im just 'slightly' irked about the surprise i got this morning ...

So, since the only solo content is going to be gathering of sorts and assignments ... what are new players going to do when they enter the game?  Just wondering ... seriously wondering ...

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

Actually they hadn't been acting that way till the most recent patch.  So ... im just 'slightly' irked about the surprise i got this morning ...

So, since the only solo content is going to be gathering of sorts and assignments ... what are new players going to do when they enter the game?  Just wondering ... seriously wondering ...

-Ensi

The same thing they did when fighting red rats for years.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

11 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-25 01:15:03)

Ensireka wrote:

-Ensi

lvl1 mission spawns max 2 npcs per wave, doable in a light bot, but after tutorial you are in an assault.

up to lvl3 missions are doable with assault bot, solo

we farmed red npc spaws for two years, solo. dunno what your issue with that is.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Devs,
I think the change is overall in the right direction, but might have made things too hard (at least for alpha1/2).
Second point, it is clear even from chat today, returning players were completely unaware of the change (buried several patch notes back: thanks to your hard-working ironically).
I do remember there was an NPC change a while back, and there was a big bold MOTD in gen chat.  Something like this might quell the excuse-by-ignorance crowd.

As for the change itself, let's discuss:
Overall, PVE combat is harder because aggro pulls much more, and not just the type the player picked to aggro.  This is more realistic, and makes for a more challenging PVE combat experience.  However, it is clear that this may have surpassed that of the capacity of even veteran players.
Maybe some spawns are only designed for squads to deal with; that's fine.  But not all of them.
The consequences of this are less loot/plasma for the player's immediate rewards(when successful) and less fragments/kernals/other misc goods hitting the market.
So with the increased challenge, should come increased reward.  Maybe you want to reduce 'farming' activities and make it a more thrilling risky activity.  That's fine, but you have to reward the players accordingly otherwise the risk will quickly outweigh the rewards, which is our current state.

I'm not against this change. the problem was that the change was made on the 23rd, and in the changelog this patch from 23.06.2015 nothing is specified. smile

Just @ Game

So basiclly NPCs are back to their original forms from 2013 and earlier all over again, only difference is the alpha ones are not red at all.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

So basiclly NPCs are back to their original forms from 2013 and earlier all over again, only difference is the alpha ones are not red at all.

... which makes them actually more frustrating for low-EP and veteran NOOBS

• red npcs: attack you when you get into their aggro range. you can react to that, start kiting and such.

• orange npcs: attack you all when you aggro one - which means as "new player" you will be standing inbetween them, due to locking range of assault/light bot.

did i ever mention that "having to equip two SENSOR AMPs" by default is a bad game mechanic?

or that after 2 years orange NPCs, some veteran NOOBS are so used to place their SETH MK2 with t4(p) med machineguns with chemo ammo right ontop of the spawnpoint to for maximum grinding efficiency, while they deny that in the past, solo farming was something you did with longer range weapons. (not to mention that picking up loot was something you couldn't macro)

Annihilator wrote:

(not to mention that picking up loot was something you couldn't macro)

Lithus MK2s were useful!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.