Topic: Diplomacy Extension

The new diplomacy extensions feels pretty underwhelming for such a high complexity. I think it should be at least 3% per level for people to even consider spending any EP.

/discuss away

Re: Diplomacy Extension

Just some info: relation penalties are 20% of the positive gains, and Diplomacy reduces this to 10% on level 10. So 3% wouldn't work at all smile

imho, the Diplomacy extension doesn't come into play as long as your grinding on alpha.

you can run 100 missions for one faction, the walk over to the other faction and do another pack of 100 missions
to compensate your loss and still end with high standing on all three factions - but if you are aiming at relations above 600 for all three factions, you need to run missions on all beta factions

and for that, the complexity of that extension seems worth

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

Just some info: relation penalties are 20% of the positive gains, and Diplomacy reduces this to 10% on level 10. So 3% wouldn't work at all smile

Ok, I misunderstood the Hungarian math. It's very well worth to get it then. Case closed for me. big_smile

For level 2's it shows -0.10 (91%)
I have the extension at 9, so it looks like 100%-9%

Is this correct?

Yes, for the display 100% is the normal penalty, and 90% is as low as you can go with Diplomacy. Though it might be more logical if the display would be 20% to 10%, that's a matter of perspective.