1 (edited by Inda 2015-06-18 23:40:34)

Topic: Beta Island's change

I would ask the DEV's, what is the your goal about Beta do you want to change the teleport layout and the higways as Alpha Island's ?

We would need information way before it change, beacuse of PVP and Politics.

Thank you!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Beta Island's change

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … for-betas/

Ok, but you will change teleport locations ? So big change or just put back highways?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Yes teleports too.

Thank you!

Energy to Earth!

Dear Player Dev Zoom,

What do you think Beta islands should be, how do you think they should function, why do you think they aren't functioning now, what do you plan to change to address the game situation (dead)?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

7 (edited by Burial 2015-06-22 21:41:57)

Syndic wrote:

Dear Player Dev Zoom,

What do you think Beta islands should be, how do you think they should function, why do you think they aren't functioning now, what do you plan to change to address the game situation (dead)?

Aren't you cute. How many times have you asked it now?

Burial wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Dear Player Dev Zoom,

Well he actually owns a station, joke doesnt. Leave that stuff to the professionals. tongue

9 (edited by Burial 2015-06-22 21:54:08)

I'd happily do if leaving the stuff to the professionals got us anywhere. neutral

10 (edited by Syndic 2015-06-23 15:45:31)

Burial wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Dear Player Dev Zoom,

As many times as necessary for it to become apparent that the Devs are either;

a) Actively ignoring a large part of the playerbase.
b) Have no idea what to do with the Beta islands.
c) Gunner purged Zoom for not being a spy, just an artist.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Its a sandbox. Don't start *** because none of the other kids want to play and more.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Syndic wrote:

If they had any idea what to do with Beta islands they wouldn't be in this state since like 2012. Can't expect much creativity from people that pretty much ripped off most of their mechanics from another game.

Burial wrote:
Syndic wrote:

If they had any idea what to do with Beta islands they wouldn't be in this state since like 2012. Can't expect much creativity from people that pretty much ripped off most of their mechanics from another game.

We told them what to do with beta. It worked great and then they undid it all. Hungarian logic.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Which was what Jita?

-Ensi

Beta was working just fine when game was released back in 2010- enough said.

RIP PERPETUUM

Everything is working fine, but then people start to become bored and leave- story of Perpetuum apparently.

17 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-23 18:39:42)

Celebro wrote:

Beta was working just fine when game was released back in 2010- enough said.

yeah, i remember that

it was sooooooooooo unfair that pre-order agents had 2 weeks more EP the release agents!
Mechs had been sooooooooo weak suddenly, with no other change that everyone had to start his EP count from very low (less then new agents today), and all those rushing into mechs managed the DEVs to nerf assaults because they would win against the much more expensive mechs that everyone was rushing into for PvP...

one corp captured a beta outpost (abu) that had the BEST farming spot in a pit next to the outpost with a high effiency recycling plant (before player could change that to their liking

while another corp with a similar setup (Initia) focused on getting their stuff from mining alone, despite having a recycling outpost.

dwelling in the past is soooo nice...

*edit: to keep the game at the status of release pvp, the devs would need to reset the game ever 5 month

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

Everything is working fine, but then people start to become bored and leave- story of Perpetuum apparently.

Are you sure about that? You guys been changing game balance all over the place for the last 5 years with no apparent direction or clear goal. That's not to say good changes have happened, but on the most part it has been disappointing. Gamma changes, spark teleport, speed increases, countless  knee jerk nerfs and buffs to mining and lastly the last robot balance change.

Player retention is an issue on all MMO games, but in Perpetuum there has been a real low turn over. I remember back around 2011 with a huge mining nerf players started leaving in droves.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

People left on mass due to several 'balance' changes that happened to industry.

That's not the point though, the point is beta did work then and most of the game lived there. If content had been regularly added this would still be the case. Now beta has no point. The mission change won't help.

Sorry for the cynicism on my part, it's just that nowadays the idea seems to be floating around that everything we did so far has lead to the current state. While that may be true, I'm pretty sure that if we haven't done anything, we wouldn't have lasted a year. Not every change we do is right, but as the saying goes, only those don’t make mistakes who do nothing.

21 (edited by Celebro 2015-06-23 19:35:56)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sorry for the cynicism on my part, it's just that nowadays the idea seems to be floating around that everything we did so far has lead to the current state. While that may be true, I'm pretty sure that if we haven't done anything, we wouldn't have lasted a year. Not every change we do is right, but as the saying goes, only those don’t make mistakes who do nothing.

Not talking about doing nothing, every change needs to be part of a clear goal, it's effects needs to be known, small incremental change is best just in case of the unknown happening. For the most part more resources for development needs to be used to keep retaining players via more content in the shape of Bots and items, more stuff to research more things to do.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

While I agree with you its important to understand when you have made a change which is wrong. The balance change is a good example of the undefendable. You guys try hard and largely do a good job but I've never seen a patch reverted and rethought until it has gone catastrophically wrong like gamma did. The terrible part of that would be how you have watered down all the progress gamma created.

23 (edited by Burial 2015-06-23 21:26:15)

DEV Zoom wrote:

All I'm going to say is Perpetuum is a wargame. You can't hope to keep players farming with the dream alone that someday it'll all pay off. Get players to Betas, get players to Gammas.

That sneaky, sneaky reset option.

I am Perpetuum.

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

While I agree with you its important to understand when you have made a change which is wrong. The balance change is a good example of the undefendable. You guys try hard and largely do a good job but I've never seen a patch reverted and rethought until it has gone catastrophically wrong like gamma did. The terrible part of that would be how you have watered down all the progress gamma created.

Also gamma did not forward the progress of the game.  It is, and will continue to be, a huge hindrance.

It was a game mechanic that should of been brought in much later.  Sinking so many resources into a failed mechanic, with so little return. 

Personally, whoever made that call, the call to get gamma up and running so fast, should be fired for such a terrible business decision.

This is your walking in stations moment, but keep yourself in denial.

I am Perpetuum.