Topic: Newbie Question about Islands

So, I've been off and on playing perpetuum for over 4 years. But I noticed when I logged back in after a while that some of the teleports were off, and the map didn't have all the islands that are posted on the forums and wiki. 

So my question is:

What islands are still actively in the game? I haven't ventured far from the main Alpha islands, but are any of the gammas even open at this point?

Ruri

Re: Newbie Question about Islands

We have less gamma islands compared to when gamma launched, but everything you see on the map is active.

Re: Newbie Question about Islands

To answer this question a little more indepthly:  originally we had terraforming mechanics that allowed you to do anything you wanted.  So players were blockading off entire islands.  I was one of those people.  The problem was that there was unrestricted industry on gamma that was safer than alpha.  So the developers completely took down gamma and reworked the mechanics to be mmo friendly.  They reintroduced a series of islands back for gamma because additional islands equals additional servers which equals additional costs.  The fact that 75% of the islands are barely used its the smartest option.  And additional islands will come online as need for future population needs.  Hope that helps.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.