Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2015-06-15

Tonnik wrote:

Given that the only PVE content that's going to be on Alpha is maybe level 3 missions and beacons that seems kinda crazy

And roaming spawns. Seems like this wasn't made clear enough, but fixed spawns will be replaced by a healthy number of free-roaming groups.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

Given that the only PVE content that's going to be on Alpha is maybe level 3 missions and beacons that seems kinda crazy

And roaming spawns. Seems like this wasn't made clear enough, but fixed spawns will be replaced by a healthy number of free-roaming groups.

You can't really farm roaming spawns. IMO roaming spawns are great content if they are red where they act as good protection vs bothers and afk scarab mining but if they are orange they are not worth the bother.

Static spawns are your 'stand still and pew' niche and should make ok money.

Artefacts are your scavenger but I might get lucky and should have a low chance of great money

Missions are a progression based best money in the game chance of fat loots experience

Where are roaming spawns in that? Red spawns would give a great risk based immersion but yellow are underwhelming in both reward, fun and ability to do as an activity.

I would still see some static spawns on Alpha, why we remowe them after 5 year??? That wont solve any botting problem, if we didnt it before.

I just like more options to players, somebody like "farming" (I am not a fun of it but sometimes I do also).

Why remove content?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

I would still see some static spawns on Alpha, why we remowe them after 5 year??? That wont solve any botting problem, if we didnt it before.

I just like more options to players, somebody like "farming" (I am not a fun of it but sometimes I do also).

Why remove content?

Indeed. They are laughingly overpowered right now - you could cut reward by 80% on the higher spawns - but they are still worthwhile

Inda wrote:

Why remove content?

We have to remove them either way because the current system of fixed spawns is unmaintainable. Things like "just reduce rewards" are very hard to do.

56 (edited by Celebro 2015-06-17 18:56:43)

It's just impossible to create different game-play niches and make it all work together properly on one instance. Just look at when we had 500+ players online competing for the best spawns on alpha2s or the issues with static spawn in beta and mining fields.

Instances are needed to create different game play environments, that would be the solution.

RIP PERPETUUM

57 (edited by DEV Zoom 2015-06-17 19:19:22)

Celebro wrote:

Just look at when we had 500+ players online competing for the best spawns on alpha2s or the issues with static spawn in beta and mining fields.

Yes I almost forgot about the complaints of epriton fields spawning under static red spawns smile

Now that we seem to have solved the AI problems all beta spawns will be switched to red again soon, so by then a lot of you will be probably thankful for the removal of static spawns. Although you'll have a completely different AFK mining problem with red roaming spawns... (is AFK beta mining actually a thing nowadays?)

58 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-17 19:47:51)

nah, zoom, don't forget that Jita also want his static epri fields back, close enough to outposts so he can dock up before his shields and hitpoints reach zero, even if a tackle bot got close enough to him.

static spaws, are something for "animals"... to bad that there are no robo-creep models that they can use...

*edit: do you still have that little bazooka guy? maybe you can give us something to trample on as static spawn somewhere big_smile*

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

59 (edited by Inda 2015-06-17 20:06:24)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Inda wrote:

Why remove content?

We have to remove them either way because the current system of fixed spawns is unmaintainable. Things like "just reduce rewards" are very hard to do.

Why and what is unmaintanable? About the game or the botters?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Why and what is unmaintable? About the game or the botters?

I meant how the system is built up. Separate loot tables for everything, fixed NPC spawn lists, everything is manually set up, it's a nightmare to make balancing changes. For the random assignments we made a pretty solid spawn system, we intend to use something similar for non-mission spawns too.

I can understand that, so that is another thing, then I am ok with removing, but if you can make it static, after you figure out something would be the best.

Dont need really huge amount but some.

This is one role here in Perpetuum, go out and "farming". You cant farm the roaming NPC's.

Energy to Earth!

62 (edited by SunnyJester 2015-06-17 20:54:53)

It is hard enough to get Kernals as it is but now, it will be almost impossible.....What happened to  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?  The red spawns and behavior on Gamma and Beta worked fine and static orange spawn were a legit way to farm plasma, kernals and gear.  Why would you change that???  Now there are no single player farming content other than doing missions and chasing spawns around the islands with 10 other people fighting for spawns.....you are killing the game even more.  Revert these changes and this patch would be a step in the right direction.

Making kernals harder to get only puts a gap between the existing corps and new player.  Making this gap larger is completely adverse to the reasoning behind the robot "balancing patch".  Either increase the kernal drop DRASTICALLY for each robot, or revert the changes PLEASE before you kill the game more.

Is it me or was this removal announced months ago?  Did people finally figure this change out or were they just in denial?
Hasn't this been the source of many botters-v-non-botters posts for most of this year already.

Altera wrote:

Is it me or was this removal announced months ago?  Did people finally figure this change out or were they just in denial?
Hasn't this been the source of many botters-v-non-botters posts for most of this year already.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Altera wrote:

Yes denial....but the typical lazy management response is to remove it entirely instead of fixing it so the botters get removed......why punish the people who don't abuse the system.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I meant how the system is built up. Separate loot tables for everything, fixed NPC spawn lists, everything is manually set up, it's a nightmare to make balancing changes. For the random assignments we made a pretty solid spawn system, we intend to use something similar for non-mission spawns too.

Fair enough, not really end of the world. Consider adding greater variety of beacons to compensate, though.

I'm still pulling for an full account reset since the setups I have will be useless after the static spawns are ripped out.  Only been building my toons towards farming since they were created ... guess I should have had foresight and knew my future farming was going to be ripped away when I finally got settled into it. 

Just something to gripe about.  (off topic funny : http://www.rb-29.net/HTML/03RelatedStor … antas.htm)

Zoom and fellow Dev's, I don't think its a terrible request, you are changing the game dramatically after all.  big_smile

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

I'm still pulling for an full account reset since the setups I have will be useless after the static spawns are ripped out.  Only been building my toons towards farming since they were created ... guess I should have had foresight and knew my future farming was going to be ripped away when I finally got settled into it. 

Just something to gripe about.  (off topic funny : http://www.rb-29.net/HTML/03RelatedStor … antas.htm)

Zoom and fellow Dev's, I don't think its a terrible request, you are changing the game dramatically after all.  big_smile

-Ensi

Every green pilot in the game feels your pain.

I don't know much about green, what changed that made it suck?

-Ensi

70 (edited by JetNexus 2015-06-18 06:03:27)

Wait, there won't be 5 level assignments on Alphas? Are you crazy? To create a good content but make it unavailable to the majority of players which are interested in it the most.

There's a hint: For carebears there's no such things as Beta or Gamma. If they won't find many things to do on Alphas, they'll obviously find it somewhere else. And no, it won't be in places you'd wanted them to go, it'll be outside the Perpetuum.

JetNexus wrote:

Wait, there won't be 5 level assignments on Alphas? Are you crazy? To create a good content but make it unavailable to the majority of players which are interested in it the most.

There's a hint: For carebears there's no such things as Beta or Gamma. If they won't find many things to do on Alphas, they'll obviously find it somewhere else. And no, it won't be in places you'd wanted them to go, it'll be outside the Perpetuum.

Telling this to the 20 players still playing is quite pointless.

The train has already left the station, and now the witless are fighting over who is king of the sewers.

How you couldn't see this coming, is far beyond me.

I am Perpetuum.

Alpha 2s will probably have L5 missions.  They had them in the past

A think time based beacons would be a nice compromise. An hour long beacon would work just as good as a static spawn.

Cheap 1-wave beacons too. smile

and while we are on a fatwa against Syndic's imaginary botters is anything going to happen to afk scarabs and liquid mining riveler mk2's? Removing liquids and / or removing mining modules from haulers would help.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."