1 (edited by Inda 2015-06-13 20:19:29)

Topic: Perpetuum Light - Just the PVP

Hello everyone!

I just started to thinking about something, that more likely fill the players need. I had talk to an old hungarian player but he is a young person so he play LOL and maybe some another MOBA. And after that conversation, he said we need (they team) only PVP and Perpetuum not just about that.

My question do you think Perpetuum World and mechanics can make something similiar? I am pretty love PVP here, but there is deep with EP and with death on the end and such a things, but the general PVP is the fittings and the terrain usage.

I think there is solution to make it reality. Any thoughts?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Perpetuum Light - Just the PVP

sometimes i wished you would get help to tranlsate your thoughts.

Did i get that right? you want a game version without perma-loss and time based progression, just the combat part in arena style combat?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Inda 2015-06-13 22:10:57)

Yes basically.

Need to think further but maybe it is possible.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I'd like to see a third person over the shoulder MOBA.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville look into smite

The master race plays dota

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Never could get into dota. Not saying it's bad I just don't wanna take the time to learn a new MOBA

So LOL?

And for the original question do you guys think no chance to make something lighter than Perpetuum? With fittings and targetings and terrain movement?

Energy to Earth!

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

Never could get into dota. Not saying it's bad I just don't wanna take the time to learn a new MOBA

Weedy will teach you

Gunner is still building up the testicular fortitude to embark on this journey to evolve into the master race.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Isn't it light enough as it is...

Perpetuum is the one of the few games with interesting and deep perspective for adult players.
There's enough of dota-like crap on the market.
And anyway, fitting is not an unique idea, and the terrain usage too... So the solution is to find some game with these elements. I bet there's one amongst the thousands of MMOGs... roll

its actually rather easy.
for that you can use any low-cost, high-end shooter engine (eg. cry engine)

the mod "Mechwarrior: Living Legends" has already how well you could do fully modular mechs in that engine big_smile

but i do think you need a few experienced 3D artists to make something like that happen...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

My own vision for this game in more in line with being a sandbox 'Eve-like' game. It happens to entice that demographic, therefore no.

RIP PERPETUUM

well, i always wondered about how a mod for an RTS game would work, based on Perpetuum.

if you copy the balance over, then it doesn'T work at all big_smile

Annihilator wrote:

well, i always wondered about how a mod for an RTS game would work, based on Perpetuum.

I'd like that a lot.  I used to build maps for AoE, oh I loved that game.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Annihilator wrote:

I enjoyed thd mech commander i played.  Fun as all get out.  And really, with a more extensive distant viewing distance we'd be able to see and enjoy the game more wholly.

Just add modules to mech commander and we'd about be set ...

Btw, try Heroes of the Storm, i enjoy that way more then the trash of LoL.

-Ensi

MOBA

https://youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc