Re: Ratting on Beta

Prompt replies to deny something that "isn't happening". lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Don't you have anything sensible to say?

28 (edited by Burial 2015-06-11 12:20:37)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Burial wrote:

On topic, assignments rewards are probably the easiest thing to adjust and could be the saviour of Betas, time will tell.

To chime in here, that's the plan yes.

What sort of multiplier are you thinking about?

---

Two issues: 1) Getting players to Beta, and 2) getting economy and open market flowing.

There's literally no better way for fixing both than getting a bunch of smaller, unaligned, corporations that naturally lack heavy internal trading and industrial means to Betas, blowing each other up.

Burial wrote:

NIC rewards in random assignments in general will be higher, or I should say they will increase more as we go up in levels, so I feel like our aim for a beta multiplier is somewhere around 3-5x.

The trouble with missions as a beta incentive is they arn't giving anything away you cannot get with zero risk on Alpha. They also are not giving anything that people don't already have in droves.

If (i hope when) you do add in extra module tiers that can be bought with tokens then perhaps you should two tier the tokens and mods making sure beta missions are the only place to get the higher tier.

That at least will provide an incentive, the challenge then will be providing a reasonable risk vs reward and encouraging emergent gameplay rather than widening the wealth gap between oldschool and newschool players

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DEV Zoom wrote:
Burial wrote:

NIC rewards in random assignments in general will be higher, or I should say they will increase more as we go up in levels, so I feel like our aim for a beta multiplier is somewhere around 3-5x.

5x would be enough

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Burial wrote:

5x would be enough

fives times what though?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

times the Rewards of alpha.

Historically speaking this is what I'd imagine:

I as a player happily doing missions on Alpha.  I get 25 tokens to do 1 mission.  I then save up tokens to buy T4+ in the syndicate supply shop for 1000 tokens. 

Now on Beta:

I do the same mission with equivalence of the same mission.  I get 125 Tokens to do 1 mission.  I then save up ~800 Tokens to buy T4+ in the syndicate shop on Beta.

The reason I say Historically speaking is because you get more token yield for ammo on Beta, I would envision it would be similar to that.

And I'd like to have some Thoughts on this:  How about starting missions at Level 2 from the Beta Terminals?  And maybe Level 3 Out of the outposts?

And just throwing this out there, but honestly the missions on Beta should be Easier than the missions on Alpha.  Meaning people should be able to get in and get them done without sitting around for 20 minutes trying to not lose your MK2 Heavy while fighting 5th star vagabond, gauss mesmers and roaming npc caravans.  On top of that waiting on someone to drive by and shoot you in the face.

well you need to factor in beta 2 and beta 1's

35 (edited by Burial 2015-06-11 16:44:04)

Ville wrote:

And I'd like to have some Thoughts on this:  How about starting missions at Level 2 from the Beta Terminals?  And maybe Level 3 Out of the outposts?

Agreed. Poor system if someone wants to do assignments in PVP area but doesn't have the right difficulty available.

Low levels will be available everywhere, locations are only limited for the highest available level. (Though we might make an exception for level 0, we'll see.)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Favoritism to old Closed Beta GM's much?

Wow, one more entry to Perpetuum's conspiracy theories list. I'm not even aware that they are still playing.

GM Gremrod... is now [CIR] Gremrod...

last seen in a huge blob that was gathered to fight an imaginary Enemy Army.
You cannot really call that "playing"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

Low levels will be available everywhere, locations are only limited for the highest available level. (Though we might make an exception for level 0, we'll see.)

Nice!

One huge frustration for emerging corps is they live on beta but make their players stay in a different zone to do missions.  It would be amazing just to recruit a new player move him to the corporation home island and turn them loose!  I'd suggest L0 being on beta too!  If possible.

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Favoritism to old Closed Beta GM's much?

Wow, one more entry to Perpetuum's conspiracy theories list. I'm not even aware that they are still playing.

GM Gremrod... is now [CIR] Gremrod...

last seen in a huge blob that was gathered to fight an imaginary Enemy Army.
You cannot really call that "playing"

You also have Unending Doom, thats an old GM account that Bobo account shared because it had a free lifetime pass. Also in CIR.

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Nice!

One huge frustration for emerging corps is they live on beta but make their players stay in a different zone to do missions.  It would be amazing just to recruit a new player move him to the corporation home island and turn them loose!  I'd suggest L0 being on beta too!  If possible.

yeah i don't really see why not. If your on beta already you should be able to do all levels.

agree - all terminals must be able to offer lowest level missions.

but "low level corps" can't avoid grinding on other islands due to other reasons.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Level 0s are a little special in a way because you only see Arkhe drones in there, and that coupled with the beta multiplier might be a bit too easy money.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Level 0s are a little special in a way because you only see Arkhe drones in there, and that coupled with the beta multiplier might be a bit too easy money.

You can't change that reward specifically for that on Beta?

if the level 0 mission only offered a small NIC reward ( like 50K NIC ) and 0 tokens a veteran player would be much less inclined to do it. level 0 missions are a introduction to the mission system so no need for massive rewards even on beta.

my concern with the mission system is currently 3/4 of the reward value is in the tokens, right now im a mostly solo player as my friends do have a real life. the best thing to buy with tokens right now is beacons but with the new AI i attempted a pelistal platoon beacon and they roasted my follow bot on the first wave. so with a solo player ( mk2 seth and follow ) has  a hard time with 4th tier beacons they have to resort to selling tokens/beacons to the bigger corps that can do them.

Doc Truscott MKIII wrote:

my concern with the mission system is currently 3/4 of the reward value is in the tokens, right now im a mostly solo player as my friends do have a real life. the best thing to buy with tokens right now is beacons but with the new AI i attempted a pelistal platoon beacon and they roasted my follow bot on the first wave. so with a solo player ( mk2 seth and follow ) has  a hard time with 4th tier beacons they have to resort to selling tokens/beacons to the bigger corps that can do them.

Tokens will be for T2+ and T4+ soon.  maybe someday pink bots, but that's a different topic.

global changes should be done only after a full reset. otherwise, the older ones are just want to gain an advantage over newcomers.

Just @ Game

Hey you want to give a boost to Ratting on Beta?

Heres an idea.

Remove explosion damage nerf to NPCs. Was a dumb *** nerf. Idiot DEVs should have fixed the problem directly which was number of beacons you can drop at once. That alone was a BIG nerf to Beta.

It was like kicking the Cat because the Dogs took a sh*t on the carpet. roll

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Heres an idea.

Remove explosion damage nerf to NPCs. Was a dumb *** nerf. Idiot DEVs should have fixed the problem directly which was number of beacons you can drop at once. That alone was a BIG nerf to Beta.

They should have fixed the problem directly by temp banning the idiots breaking it

Jita wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Heres an idea.

They should have fixed the problem directly by temp banning the idiots breaking it

Um if that was the case then they needed to start banning people when Gamma was first launched. DEVs knew about beacon pits back then. they only acted when STC started farming them 100+ at a time smile & lagged the whole bloody server.

Your opinions are bad. And tend to exhibit the tried & successful  "squeaky wheel gets the oil" tactic.

But please do keep trying im sure if you cry enough the DEVs will ban people for you smile  I mean they seem happy to nerf whole sections of their game in 1 blunder after another to appease the vocal peanut gallery on these forums smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

50 (edited by Burial 2015-07-16 16:42:43)

They should've removed NPC explosion damage long time ago.