1 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-01-04 23:34:35)

Topic: Hacking a can using AutoIT/Auto Hotkey.

Hello,
    I asked a GM if I could use a tool such as autoIT or hotkey to simply speed up the process by which I brute force hack a can. Let's assume someone has 4 different digits for a password, then roughly it takes about 1.1 hours to hack a can bruteforce using AutoIT/hotkey.

Why is this considered bad? You just use the macro language to facilitate numbers speeding through.

Simply loop if you want to be brainless, or you can do more fancy stuff!  yarr

I think this would add fun to the game, and let you make nic another way.

Get two pals with the script and yum yum! Get 5 and oh my!!!!

Re: Hacking a can using AutoIT/Auto Hotkey.

This sounds highly nefarious. I believe it is against Article 1 of the Ecorp code of Ethics.

Check yourself before you wriggedy wreck yourself my friend.

Article 1, section 2, paragraph 3 to be precise, but there is a loophole as far as macros are concerned so he should be fine so long as he is properly represented in court with one of Ecorp's many talented lawyers wink

sad

I must ruin my hands by typing in over 9000+ combinations vegeta!!!!
The power meter says i must neutral

One (wo)man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure.

It is forbidden to use any kind of third party application or tool that interfaces with, mimics or interferes with any part of the game system in any way, including the use of macros, control scripts, bots, system time manipulation tools, memory access tools or reverse engineering tools

Cut and pasted from the EULA in game. However, the way this is worded, you aren't allowed to even use your keyboard or mouse as they are third party (relative to the game) tools that interface with the game . . . . .

May want to check the wording on this one. I only play Devil's advocate with this as it is stated later:

We ask that you adhere to the instructions of the Perpetuum staff to the letter.

Which the eula and code of conduct would be generalized instructions by the staff.

GLiMPSE wrote:

This sounds highly nefarious. I believe it is against Article 1 of the Ecorp code of Ethics.

Check yourself before you wriggedy wreck yourself my friend.

ahhhhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhttttttt

8 (edited by Kyr 2011-01-05 19:55:30)

basical the whole code system is a fail

if u kill the dude who is owner of container it should be accessable by anyone

if DEVs wana make sure u dont be able loot everything to keep it as a moneysink than just make it possible to shoot the container and when he explode u able to loot like 20% of the stuff that was inside

this code container system same as to much to long save zones around outpost and teleporters

and meaningless outpost ownership since u not even able forbid enemies to enter the station u own

this all are flaws in a PvP game

and i hope they will fix them step by step

3 sheep islands are enought

i vote for ban sheep game mechanics from beta islands

or at least implement some delta islands with harsher pvp game mechanics

so we can leave beta islands with carebear game mechanics for the carebears

and move to the lands of real pvp on delta islands

the place where we forge man out of boys

and show then everyone who try to enter it why it was a bad idea even to look a the teleporter and consider going throught as a possible thing without getting punished....

and BTW remove arkh from any non alpha island

make sure u can only respawn in ur homebase if u have a bot there
and if u have no bot left

u respawn at alpha island with a arkh

we dont need that carebear scout game emchanics on our PvP lands

wana scout

risc something

or stay in sheepland and risc nothing

<<< REAL POWER CAN NOT BE GIVEN, IT MUST BE TAKEN >>>

Kyr - Perpetuum Online
Helios Norlund - Darkfall Online

So using my kinetix to input 4 digit sequence numbers doesn't work either....

I even had it hooked up so when I did the truffle-wump stomp of the 20's it would do prime number sequences.....  neutral