Topic: QoL - station and station container loading

Seems to new that the item pictures are too large and they take gobs of resources to access when you dock or open them.  I can't be the only one farming scarab loads of junk and having long freezing sessions when accessing the purchased containers in station that we use to keep stuff somewhat organized.

Can we shrink the tiles, lower the memory requirement and make trading the garbage easier to move?  Its nasty.  Maybe we can have a list form ... Or have 1 picture for an item that then breaks down to the items of that type when accessed ... kinda like an mini folder or something.

-Ensi

Re: QoL - station and station container loading

i dont think its the pictures that makes it take so long...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

No, but i dislike the pics tiles being made only for blind people.  For me they could be 1/3 the size and it'd be about perfect.

-Ensi

Just add different views, big icons, small icons, list view etc. Would be best for everybody to be able to choose.
But I guess this is rather low priority

wasn't that listed under "new engine" features?

the request regarding icons is not new, and comes second after text scale? and as such, the DEV answer is probably the same.

PS: you got a kind of non-interactive "list" view with small icons if you check your "all storages" tab.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ensireka wrote:

Seems to new that the item pictures are too large and they take gobs of resources to access when you dock or open them.  I can't be the only one farming scarab loads of junk and having long freezing sessions when accessing the purchased containers in station that we use to keep stuff somewhat organized.

Can we shrink the tiles, lower the memory requirement and make trading the garbage easier to move?  Its nasty.  Maybe we can have a list form ... Or have 1 picture for an item that then breaks down to the items of that type when accessed ... kinda like an mini folder or something.

-Ensi

List form option would be nice for those situations as you said where you have 100s of items in a container.

Also why cant broken items be stacked? Cant they damage states be standardized aka: White 80% Yellow 50% Red 20% & let those items be stackable either in station storage or robot storage? wouldn't this also help with cargo lagging out the client?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue