Re: Random assignments testing

Goffer wrote:

Lenworth Outpost level 1 Combat assignment "missiontemplate_random_combat_04" has no place for objective "D" (activate switch). There is no D on map or radar and when opening info and click on objective D an empty map opens.

Edit: Maybe just testserver crashed while doing this assignment, as it seems sever died meanwhile (no login possible, no docking possible)

It's a known bug:

DEV Zoom wrote:

For the missing letter marker, I have seen that bug myself too, not sure what that's about yet. (Happens randomly it seems.)

Yep, I'm keeping the known issues section in the first post up to date fyi.

28 (edited by Goffer 2015-05-31 17:15:42)

The fact that everybody in squad will loose standing, but only those that have less standing than the assignment provides will gain standing will be source of new squad harassment possibility.

I suggest to allow squad leaders to set flag that allows or denys assignments for squad members

29 (edited by Inda 2015-05-31 17:46:14)

About highways, that is not add +36 km/h, its works somehow different. I had speed 104 and on highway 137, different speed have different highway bonuses seems like.

About combat missions, the row is disapper when you did 5 I think that is on the live server. I think would be better just grey it.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Structure objective markers sometimes don't appear, rendering the assignment practically uncompletable.

So I did some extensive testing regarding this issue. Seems like only a few field terminals are affected by this. The objective not appearing is most likely set to an "objective structure" which has not spawned for some reason or wrongly named.

e.g. :"Objective B is tied to "Dispenser58604". Dispenser58604 was for some reason not spawned or has wrong name hence not appearing on the map."

Here's some data I gathered by requesting the same mission 10 times from different field terminals:

Mission in question: [missiontemplate_random_transport_04]

Success rate for getting a working mission in % (out of 10 samples):

NVI-16 - 20%
NVI-10 - 50%
TMA     - 80%
NVI-32 - 100%
NVI-10 - 100%
NVI-03 - 100%
NVI-30 - 100%
NVI-31 - 100%
NVI-07 - 100%
NVI-14 - 100%
NVI-06 - 100%
NVI-28 - 100%
NVI-02 - 100%
NVI-34 - 100%
NVI-01 - 100%

Nice work narrowing it down like that, that will help us a lot, thanks!

Inda wrote:

About combat missions, the row is disapper when you did 5 I think that is on the live server.

Hmm I'm not aware of such a mechanic.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Inda wrote:

About combat missions, the row is disapper when you did 5 I think that is on the live server.

Hmm I'm not aware of such a mechanic.

i think inda is talking about the old mission mechanic that prevented you from doing the same mission over and over. Maybe there is some leftover in the code that he is experiencing.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

i think inda is talking about the old mission mechanic that prevented you from doing the same mission over and over. Maybe there is some leftover in the code that he is experiencing.

Yeah but that's way back, when we still had a list instead of category boxes. Even if that would be still in, the same code wouldn't work for the boxes smile

Some fixes are out:

• *fixed* Deploying field containers doesn't work/gives server error.

• *fixed* Can't exit the tutorial zone (server error).

Also gave out NIC for everyone.

Goffer wrote:

The fact that everybody in squad will loose standing, but only those that have less standing than the assignment provides will gain standing will be source of new squad harassment possibility.

I suggest to allow squad leaders to set flag that allows or denys assignments for squad members

Zoom this needs addressing, say I'm a spy and I hop on my spy account and hop in squad.  Then I goto a terminal and request missions and keep aborting them over and over.  I'd bring down peoples relations.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Zoom this needs addressing, say I'm a spy and I hop on my spy account and hop in squad.  Then I goto a terminal and request missions and keep aborting them over and over.  I'd bring down peoples relations.

Noted.

Very nice work guys.  I'm looking forward to doing more testing after work.  Im ok with my accounts being copied over.  tongue.  Just saying.  Lol

Great to see the Devs bashing the bugs and providing a fun playing field on test server.

-Ensi

New test client is out:

• *fixed* The assignment return teleport seems a bit random regarding the selected destination and where it actually puts you.

• *fixed* Crash when you confirm assignment abortion while the assignment window is closed.

• *fixed* Item volumes are wrong while they are in loot/field containers.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Noted.

squad = alliance...

fix it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

41 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-05-31 23:51:54)

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Noted.

squad = alliance...

fix it.

Time for new Meta corp mechanic in game ? smile

Also server is down I cant test sad

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

A few minutes patience.

It's up, we got this one too:

• *fixed* Structure objective markers sometimes don't appear, rendering the assignment practically uncompletable.

Turns out it was sometimes picking objectives from our test zone, which is hidden on the test server.

improvements possible:
1. make it clear that mission items must be placed in field terminals to be recognized for delivery, or add a drop-box into the mission window for such items, that works like the current on-terrain deliver stations

2. instead of a warning that all modules need to be deactivated to allow dropping stuff into the field terminals (why is this necessary for cargo drops?) , why don't you also offer a "do it" button in that message window?

Ok with regards the Highways (Yes i know HWYs & transport in general is my pet subject big_smile ) Haven't had time yet to get into missions. But HWYs.... I like what you DEVs have done!!!

1. The inter island TP layout is VERY good, gets you to the main general areas / corners of the island.
2. HWYs have a nice spread & CONTINUOUS connection between inner TPs, inter Island TPs & outposts
     which is super nice.
    Also there's a nice general spread of highway lanes around the island filling in some gaps that the TPs miss.
    I think there's are one or 2 areas where a few KMs of HWY would be nice but thats just me smile
3. Inter ISland TPs are no longer in the middle of no where again a nice change & they are now well connected to the rest of the transport network.

So big 1+ on that guys nice Job. Now for me to start playing with your missions smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

46 (edited by JetNexus 2015-06-01 07:58:05)

I haven't tried current lvl5-s on live, but these ones seems to be quite difficult, even with maximum extensions, mk2 heavy and T4 equip. Because mobs are spawning very close and lauching a lot of various EWar and DPS

For the same time there is an easy way to kill them. But it's doesn't look right or fun: run from them by the nearest highway, so they'll unlock you and return to their field. Then return to them and kill one by one like any other orange NPC. Or use any other means to escape, like faster bot or take an Arkhe first smile

I think both of these extremes aren't very good. It may be much more interesting if they'd spawned somewhere else, in a distance. So it'll be possible to plan an attack carefully and keep distance with long range weapons smile

JetNexus wrote:

I haven't tried current lvl5-s on live, but these ones seems to be quite difficult, even with maximum extensions, mk2 heavy and T4 equip. Because mobs are spawning very close and lauching a lot of various EWar and DPS

For the same time there is an easy way to kill them. But it's doesn't look right or fun: run from them by the nearest highway, so they'll unlock you and return to their field. Then return to them and kill one by one like any other orange NPC. Or use any other means to escape, like faster bot or take an Arkhe first smile

I think both of these extremes aren't very good. It may be much more interesting if they'd spawned somewhere else, in a distance. So it'll be possible to plan an attack carefully and keep distance with long range weapons smile

need fit for 5lvl?

I said that it's easy and all of the job fighting 5lvl, easy to perform for one heavy mech mk2

Now only tested mechanics, balance will be changed

Just @ Game

JetNexus: yes it is a problem that after the initial group aggro, you can take orange groups one by one. We'll try to do something about that.

DEV Zoom wrote:

JetNexus: yes it is a problem that after the initial group aggro, you can take orange groups one by one. We'll try to do something about that.

The mission NPCs need to have some kind of memory as to who spawned them.

I know it's not finished yet but did a few lvl 1 missions with a waspish mk2 full t4 fitted and I barely made it out. Not going to be fun for new players, I know it needs balance but is way off balance, so something to keep in mind as this is not easy by any means. Why did an arkhe attack me for no reason whilst doing a mission?.

Why do NPC spawn on you now like a distress beacon, I though the purpose of this mission revamp was more free choice on how you want to complete the mission or where( Kill X NPCs don't care how you do it). What is the purpose of this mission update. I was expecting something totally different not just as an improvement.

RIP PERPETUUM