Topic: Trial+Ice payment

Please make 6-hours trial period and availability to pay account with ICE.

6 hours will be enough to decide if player want to play the game, but won't be enough to make gate-spies.

Also would be nice to make ICE more functional. What difference who will pay player's account?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Trial+Ice payment

You really think people will not make accounts for 6 hours of gate scouting.

Your wrong.  The people that play are messed up.

I am Perpetuum.

hows about a point that someone brought up.... make them only able to stay on Alpha 1 islands

4 (edited by Hunter 2015-05-28 07:21:23)

I think it would be fine to stay on virtual island while trial period goes.

Main idea is make more ways to come in the game for people.

Why the crybabies wins?

good idea, we must have more chances that get new players

perpetuum need trial time

if you do not like what I write - do not read

Hunter wrote:

I think it would be fine to stay on virtual island while trial period goes.

+1

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

+1
Devs make it NOW

Just @ Game

Can the developers create a "trial" button on steam that lets them download the client and give players a 24 hour activation code?  The code basically be the same only redeemable once per account?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1

-1 no trials: 90% of them only join because is free then tell their friends it a crap game because, slow, complicated too much reading whatever, and anyways game is not ready yet.

RIP PERPETUUM

A six hour trial in this game is more frustration then pleasure.

Celebro wrote:

-1 no trials: 90% of them only join because is free then tell their friends it a crap game because, slow, complicated too much reading whatever, and anyways game is not ready yet.

The people without money have the friends without money. It will be good to aware them all to don't even try the game.
But ppl with money usually want take a first look before buy.

Why the crybabies wins?

+1 with more hashing out of the idea.

While I do agree a trial period would do the game wonders there are some concerns.

First not allowing them to fully be a part of the Nia main islands (Virtual island is cool here), to do this they need a semi full featured demo island to be a part of.

Second I believe that 6 hours is not quite enough to get through the tutorial and really fully understand the basics. Some things like artifacting, and fitting balances can take a few hours each in themselves for the thickest of skulls. Maybe say a 48hr trial?

Third, while I understand the need for people interacting, this community can be toxic. Whether or not to allow them to interact with the main games chat or have them completely separated off on their own is one that should be considered, especially as general chat can get rather dismal at times.

Fourth, the tutorials are crap. To be honest it would be best to have video tutorials instead for each section as text does not convey enough information in the small amount of asset space it has. Even if its as simple as a 'mission' breif video for each with audio voice over on each step similar to some other games, this would be seen as a nice feature and give more clarity to the more complex things such as artifacting.

Fifth, while I understand most will not, some very well may chose to make trial accounts just to lock out names. This can be remedied in the most part by having the character creation step moved to actual deployment to Nia instead locking the name selection to full accounts.

Lastly, a tutorial on the game is nice, but more essentially a tutorial on the settings should be added as well. There are many useful options in the settings that are not fully explained until you meet other players, and some players require setting changes in order to keep a connection to the server stable. By getting this out of the way early you may very well keep many players that would drop early on due to technical difficulties.

These are the things I believe would need to be done or happen in order for a trial period to actually work.

Cheers,
Ambe

Ambedrake wrote:

While I do agree a trial period would do the game wonders there are some concerns.

First not allowing them to fully be a part of the Nia main islands (Virtual island is cool here), to do this they need a semi full featured demo island to be a part of.

Second I believe that 6 hours is not quite enough to get through the tutorial and really fully understand the basics. Some things like artifacting, and fitting balances can take a few hours each in themselves for the thickest of skulls. Maybe say a 48hr trial?

Third, while I understand the need for people interacting, this community can be toxic. Whether or not to allow them to interact with the main games chat or have them completely separated off on their own is one that should be considered, especially as general chat can get rather dismal at times.

Fourth, the tutorials are crap. To be honest it would be best to have video tutorials instead for each section as text does not convey enough information in the small amount of asset space it has. Even if its as simple as a 'mission' breif video for each with audio voice over on each step similar to some other games, this would be seen as a nice feature and give more clarity to the more complex things such as artifacting.

Fifth, while I understand most will not, some very well may chose to make trial accounts just to lock out names. This can be remedied in the most part by having the character creation step moved to actual deployment to Nia instead locking the name selection to full accounts.

Lastly, a tutorial on the game is nice, but more essentially a tutorial on the settings should be added as well. There are many useful options in the settings that are not fully explained until you meet other players, and some players require setting changes in order to keep a connection to the server stable. By getting this out of the way early you may very well keep many players that would drop early on due to technical difficulties.

These are the things I believe would need to be done or happen in order for a trial period to actually work.

Cheers,
Ambe

So, bottom line; if the DEVs drop everything they are working on and focus on this, they might get this released in 2 years. You sure your sticking with a +1 wink

Altera wrote:
Ambedrake wrote:

Cheers,
Ambe

So, bottom line; if the DEVs drop everything they are working on and focus on this, they might get this released in 2 years. You sure your sticking with a +1 wink

Merely stating if something was done to this effect it would need done properly and the above is what I see would need to be done to make it work. I doubt they have the man power or the ability to complete such a task at the current moment so +1 to the idea, but not feasible at the current time so would need to be put off till such a time that assets would allow for such a thing to be processed proper.

+1 but a trial needs to be longer than a few hours.. 7 - 14 days is more like it. But limit the to virtual island & alpha 1 (maybe 2?) this lets them do the tutorial & then have a look at the game world.
If all a trial player sees is the virtual world most will never buy the game because of that alone.

also limit trial accounts to assault bots & under?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Ambedrake wrote:

Cheers,
Ambe

Very thought out explanation of your opinion. I agree with almost all of it and would like to highlight the last part of the post.

18 (edited by Ensireka 2015-05-31 19:33:27)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

+1 but a trial needs to be longer than a few hours.. 7 - 14 days is more like it. But limit the to virtual island & alpha 1 (maybe 2?) this lets them do the tutorial & then have a look at the game world.
If all a trial player sees is the virtual world most will never buy the game because of that alone.

also limit trial accounts to assault bots & under?

While reading the posts prior, i thought of Alpha 1's myself.  Then they could not camp gates to the betas, which would be just free eyes for anyone using the trials to abuse mechanics or therefore the actual intended purpose.

Just lock Alpha 1's exterior gates and let them freely travel to the other Alpha 1's via a special gate ONLY for trial accounts.  This way they can then experience the other faction islands and meet players and their other trial friends more easily.

-Ensi

Edit : spelling