Re: Turrets vs NPCs

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Zoom.  Why couldn't we allow the to drop loot?  But make beacons only deployable 1 at a time and at least 1500 to 2000 M away from any terminal.

It's not just because of beacons, any roaming spawn comes around and you just undock to pick up the free loot.

UM so what? its another little bonus Gamma islands have other the other types. if anything dont disallow loot drops just make what they drop be a lot less than normal.

+1

Turrets dont have alarms that go off when they shoot, so its not like I'll know when to undock from station and pick up loot.  And tbh kiting npcs to turrets yield a lot less nic/hour then standing on alpha farming a spawn..  Heaven forbid the players actually have something they can actually have fun with.  And the base's turrets are using energy.  Energy we either fed to a reactor or we had to put up energy wells to do.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

What if they only dropped loot if flagged, meaning any player that shoots it gets loot.

RIP PERPETUUM

That's too complicated.  If explosion damage doesn't drop loot, you limit 1 beacon at a time that's enough for turret fire to drop loot.  It justifies players existence on gamma and make beacons worth while again.  Beacons on gamma provide production goods to use for extensive production and now we have a reason to own a gamma base.

54 (edited by Celebro 2015-05-13 15:50:33)

Ville wrote:

That's too complicated.  If explosion damage doesn't drop loot, you limit 1 beacon at a time that's enough for turret fire to drop loot.  It justifies players existence on gamma and make beacons worth while again.  Beacons on gamma provide production goods to use for extensive production and now we have a reason to own a gamma base.

No ones is discussing explosion damage, I am saying turrets could assist you in npc kills, if you shoot them only.

Edit: Once npcs are'flagged' turrets are allowed to shoot NPCs.

RIP PERPETUUM

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Zoom.  Why couldn't we allow the to drop loot?  But make beacons only deployable 1 at a time and at least 1500 to 2000 M away from any terminal.

It's not just because of beacons, any roaming spawn comes around and you just undock to pick up the free loot.

UM so what? its another little bonus Gamma islands have other the other types. if anything dont disallow loot drops just make what they drop be a lot less than normal. hell make them drop just the plasma.

Don't let beacons be dropped within 2k of a terminal.

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

No ones is discussing explosion damage, I am saying turrets could assist you in npc kills, if you shoot them only.

Edit: Once npcs are'flagged' turrets are allowed to shoot NPCs.

That would be cool

Ville wrote:

Turrets dont have alarms that go off when they shoot, so its not like I'll know when to undock from station and pick up loot. And tbh kiting npcs to turrets yield a lot less nic/hour then standing on alpha farming a spawn..  Heaven forbid the players actually have something they can actually have fun with exploiting.  And the base's turrets are using energy.  Energy we either fed to a reactor or we had to put up energy wells to do.

green:
static spawns on alpha are a discontinued feature soon

red:
the word your missed to write in there.

Gwyndor wrote:

Don't let beacons be dropped within 4k of a terminal.

fixed that number for you to make sense

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

Turrets dont have alarms that go off when they shoot, so its not like I'll know when to undock from station and pick up loot. And tbh kiting npcs to turrets yield a lot less nic/hour then standing on alpha farming a spawn..  Heaven forbid the players actually have something they can actually have fun with exploiting.  And the base's turrets are using energy.  Energy we either fed to a reactor or we had to put up energy wells to do.

green:

red:

Gwyndor wrote:

If that's the case then there will be islands that can't have beacons even though they have the most invested

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

green:

red:

Gwyndor wrote:

Everything's an exploit, I forgot.  We need to grind for hours to be able to buy ammo, to grind for months to buy new gear and grind for years to be able to afford a yagel.

And at 4k you couldn't pop beacons on alpha 1 islands...  Or beta 1s.

well first and in general: yes...

BUT:
turrets can light up npcs from quite a distance. and i guess that triggers the teleport instantly... and that is bad.

also npcs should avoid player defenses.
so it might be just better to adjust the npc AI to keep clear of player bases. at least if they are defended well enough.

make turrets just shoot npcs without npc ai adjustment: NO!
improve npc AI: YES!

p.s.:
and also turrets and everything behind it drain quite some energy. so having npcs knocking on you defense a few times a hour will heavy drain your energy reserves.

bases already use way too much energy.. but thats a thing for a different topic...

yes and no,

yes because you can do it, impressive guys, and would be amazing

no because that would have too much bug and another "bad" (exploits) things

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Zortarg wrote:

p.s.:
and also turrets and everything behind it drain quite some energy. so having npcs knocking on you defense a few times a hour will heavy drain your energy reserves.

bases already use way too much energy.. but thats a thing for a different topic...

Only bases that rely heavily on turrets for defense and not people smile

+1 to OP

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Since we all agree turrets need to shoot npc's lets do it already or else go back to reds not realigning on gamma

Ia this a go yet, NPCs are getting ridiculous on Gamma, they are respawning way to much and are too many to do any or most industry on Gamma.

Ville wrote:

Ia this a go yet, NPCs are getting ridiculous on Gamma, they are respawning way to much and are too many to do any or most industry on Gamma.

I agree this gamma is getting old fast....no one complained for over 6 months when the mobs did not respawn.  So apparently, no one cared then, so why change it????

In fact it is not that no one complained. But NPCs outside of bases seem to behave more predictable and dealable than fast NPC spawns inside Bases when lag/freeze enusres you cannot handle them properly.

need, will be fun, shouldnt drop can though

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Shooting, good. Dropping cans, bad.

Burial wrote:

Shooting, good. Dropping cans, bad.

I completely agree.

-Ensi

ETA for this feature Mr. Zoom?

Ville wrote:

Ia this a go yet, NPCs are getting ridiculous on Gamma, they are respawning way to much and are too many to do any or most AFK industry on Gamma.

fixed that for you.

Also if they implement this will the NPC's shoot back at the turrets?

Why bother bringing a fleet when you can just pop beacons all day outside of an enemy base and have them attack the turrets.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

It's extremely hilarious how NPC's can't path through walls and wall gates, so instead they teleport to you. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

It's extremely hilarious how NPC's can't path through walls and wall gates, so instead they teleport to you. lol

According to the guy responsible for Remedy's base that doesn't happen.