Topic: Turret relation settings

It looks like there is some confusion about the relation setting of gamma turrets.

They currently work based on the logic that by default (ie. not touching the setting after they are built) they should only attack those who you have set to a negative relation.

This has been like this since we introduced turrets, and noone had problems with it until now, apparently.

We could change the setting easily, so that they would shoot the set relation and everything below.

Question is, should we?

Re: Turret relation settings

so...

if a turret set to neutral shoots bad and below then also the following is true:

friendly shoots good and below
good shoots neutral and below
neutral shoots bad and below
bad shoots hostile and below
hostile shoots ???

and how do i get it to shoot friendly?

sorry makes no sense for me...

Maybe it's easier to have tick boxes for each relation. Ticked attacked/ unticked don't attack.

RIP PERPETUUM

Zortarg wrote:

and how do i get it to shoot friendly?

sorry makes no sense for me...

why would you want to attack friendlies, what are you guys doing out there to each other? wink

Note: this is a feature discussion, not CD.

Just leave it the way it is.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Zoom, I would like to suggest something further.

Can you make a subforum strictly on Gamma FAQs?  Also I would suggest making Annihilator moderator of the sub forum.

You guys at avatars creations *** up. One setting would literally stop no one

Ville wrote:

Zoom, I would like to suggest something further.

Can you make a subforum strictly on Gamma FAQs?  Also I would suggest making Annihilator moderator of the sub forum.

This is "Perpetuum - The Gamma Frontier"

makes sense

sounds like the problem is some people just go off halfcocked and want to build a gamma base without
1. planning and preparing for everything,
2. testing and verifying that it works as you assume it will.

If you are going to put in the time, NIC, resources and effort to build a gamma base, test it out after you have it up.  I would have cost you nothing to run a few non-corp, non-alliance accounts against it to see where the holes are.

You know what they say about assuming things.;)

Sounds like the DEVs screwed up!!!  Zoom, of course no one has complained about it until now, this is the beginning of PvP on gamma 2.0.  Bases have just started being attacked.  Some corps have JUST completed building their 1st gamma base since gamma 1.0.  The fact that this is the first complaint does not mean that Zort is wrong.  Zorts question of what does the turrets shoot if you have the slider set to hostile, clearly indicates their IS a problem.  And how do you set the slider to shoot friendlies, also clearly indicates their IS a problem.  Please address this issue with the seriousness that it deserves.

What is the point of setting it up to shoot friendlies, if you want to do that use the relation system, set them blue and put slider up to friendly.

As far as I can see, they work perfectly.

Leave it to Syndic to just throw stones instead of constructive criticism.  Noodles, if u set turret relations to friendly, they shoot good and below.  Why you might want to shoot friendlies is not the issue.  The issue is: THE SLIDER IS WRONG.  It did not work that way in gamma 1.0.  Now it makes no sense.

14 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-05-22 21:33:16)

DeathPaw wrote:

if u set turret relations to friendly, they shoot good and below.

That is correct then, the slider is a filter.

If you could shoot friendlies, that means it would shoot you and your corpmates when you undocked, which is stupid.

I know what you are trying to say but ATM the settings give you the lesser of 2 evils, the way you are describing means that you could shoot yourself and your corpmates and also could not run a totally open outpost where anyone could dock, regardless of relationship to the owner.

The way it is now is good, you just use your corp relationships to police it.

Ok, if u insist in a reason to shoot friendlies...  Let's say u have corp mate(s) that u just  discovered is a thief and is attempting to get stuff off of gamma.  Move the slider and he/they are...DEAD.  Or maybe u just want to screw with a friendly!  Or maybe u are just testing the turrets.  Or maybe...  Get the point?  And yes, I know there are other ways of accomplishing the preceding.  It does not matter WHY.  What matters is it's wrong!

16 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-05-22 22:01:37)

DeathPaw wrote:

Ok, if u insist in a reason to shoot friendlies...  Let's say u have corp mate(s) that u just  discovered is a thief and is attempting to get stuff off of gamma.  Move the slider and he/they are...DEAD.  Or maybe u just want to screw with a friendly!  Or maybe u are just testing the turrets.  Or maybe...  Get the point?  And yes, I know there are other ways of accomplishing the preceding.  It does not matter WHY.  What matters is it's wrong!

Kick the offender from corp, solved.

Undock and kill him yourself, solved.

By your method, how do you set the Outpost to be totally open so that anybody, regardless of relationship can use it?

You can't.

With the situation as it is now, you can do everything except killing corpmates INCLUDING yourself, could you imagine the QQ if you accidently forgot to reset the outpost settings and undocked, getting killed in the process and NONE of your corpmates or yourself could approach and dock to reset them.

Or that same corpmate that was stealing set them to kill everything.

Which method would you then say was WRONG?

corpmates don'T have a relation settings... they are "corp members"... just like for proxy probes or landmark filter.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Oh Crap... good point Noodles.  By your method u couldn't close the terminal to everyone, but u would NEVER do that.  OK, I stand corrected.  Sorry Zoom!

19 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-05-22 22:29:58)

Annihilator wrote:

corpmates don'T have a relation settings... they are "corp members"... just like for proxy probes or landmark filter.

Well as someone who doesn't want my outpost to shoot me or my corpmates, I have never tested it, so I will take your word for it, saying that corp members are classed as friendly/green so setting your turrets to attack friendlies, should, by default kill you and your corpmates, remember in probe interface you have a corp checkbox and on landmark filters they are classed as friendly / show as green.

But all of other Deathpaws concerns are covered by the interface alongside the relationship screen, I still can't see why the interface is a problem or why it is wrong though, it is pretty foolproof.

20 (edited by Tonnik 2015-05-23 09:57:29)

I thought a change was put in place so the whole base defended itself regardless of settings if attacked? I remember that being on the list of requests for gamma 2.0

Found it:

■ If a friendly attacks a building, all the turrets in the same network need to turn on him.

Did this not apply in this case?

Tonnik wrote:

I thought a change was put in place so the whole base defended itself regardless of settings if attacked? I remember that being on the list of requests for gamma 2.0

Found it:

■ If a friendly attacks a building, all the turrets in the same network need to turn on him.

Did this not apply in this case?

as i pointed out back in the PTS topic... the relation change is not lasting. It triggers the turret aggro just ONCE and only for those turrets that are able to lock the attacker.

it lasts only as long as they are able to lock that target. explode, dock or simply run out of locking range will make them forget. I am not even sure if they would re-lock if someone else used an ECM on those turrets.

and what they did, was placing bombs to kill the repair nodes. aka, since placing the bombs is no act of agression, the whole turret aggro change was not affecting this.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Altera wrote:

sounds like the problem is some people just go off halfcocked and want to build a gamma base without
1. planning and preparing for everything,
2. testing and verifying that it works as you assume it will.

If you are going to put in the time, NIC, resources and effort to build a gamma base, test it out after you have it up.  I would have cost you nothing to run a few non-corp, non-alliance accounts against it to see where the holes are.

You know what they say about assuming things.;)

Can we say test server?

-Ensi

There is no hole.  If you are set good to a turret and walk up to a turret it won't hurt you.  Then when you aggress it then it hurts you.

Same with bombs, you can walk up to a turret and drop bombs and then when they blow up they then aggress the dropper of bombs.

I can see shooting 'friendly' in very rare instances, so the ability to set it to shoot based on standings or anyone not in corp would be nice. Also there should be a main setting for default attached to the terminal and allow the individual turret settings be an override.

My 2 cents.