1 (edited by Ensireka 2015-05-19 15:07:56)

Topic: QoL - Ewar (E ... Ewa ... E - WTF!) and a few NEW Extension / Modules

Why is it there are plenty of extensions to boost EWar modules, however, there are NONE to boost Anti-EWar modules?

I don't understand why there isn't an counter extension for each negative EWar extension.  A passive extension that buffs the robot to increases its resistance to E-War modules.  Something like : 

Extensions :

Electronic Sensor Tuning (3) - +3% to Sensor Strength per level

Pathing and Navigation (9) - Lowers the Robots footprint to allow increased slope navigation -.5 degree per level (heavy mechs can now travel where mechs can, mech can travel where assaults can, assaults can travel where lights can ... lights can travel where they coudln't before?)

Improved Actuator Controls (3) - Lowers the effect of demobs by 2% per level

New Items :

Mirror Plate - 10% chance to reflect EWar attacks back on the user (limit 1)

Siege Module - All weapons are permanently grouped until module is removed.  Optimal Range +25%, Accu cost + 35%, Damage +45%, Cycle delay +15%, Hit Dispersion Bonus +10%

Hellfire Launcher - Fires 1 Super Accurate , Lower Damage Short Ranged Missile
        Accumulator Consumption = 1.0 ap
        Cycle Time = 1.5 sec
        Hit Dispersion = .5
        Optimal Range Modification =  -20%

Ammo Capacity = 75

Hellfire Missile
        Explosion Size = 5
        Optimal Range = 125
        Seismic Damage = 30

I was just farming and had a few crazy but fun sounding ideas.  smile

-Ensi

Re: QoL - Ewar (E ... Ewa ... E - WTF!) and a few NEW Extension / Modules

I always thought there should be skills to combat ewar since there are skills to improve it. As far as new mods I think it would be interesting to have a counter ewar/enwar mod that increased the susceptibility to ewar/enwar but gave a chance to reflect it.

There's a simple and a long one.  Simple answer is that the ECCM is really effective without extensions.  In pvp a player can invest 900k or more ep into 1 ewar role.  That player is easily countered by two eccms.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I can understand that. What are your thoughts on a double edge plate for ewar/enwar?

makes me wonder...
missiles do not have "hit dispersion"... they are always super accurate big_smile (from 10% to 0% chance to miss)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

makes me wonder...
missiles do not have "hit dispersion"... they are always super accurate big_smile (from 10% to 0% chance to miss)

Just modified stats from launchers and missiles in-game.  tongue

-Ensi