Topic: DESTRUCTIBLE FIELD CONTAINERS

Field Containers need to be destructible on the beta islands, bottom line. 

Optionally, when destroyed, they can also have a chance to leave behind a 'wreck' with some of the contents inside, much like the wreck of a bot.

Failing that, containers should be hackable with a module. 

We need to be able to do something to prevent a sequer from just dropping his cargo into a field container, dying, and then coming back with a larger force to retrieve his goods.

Re: DESTRUCTIBLE FIELD CONTAINERS

I thought they were already 0.o Shows my knowledge of the game tongue I support smile

This is the xxx spot.

3 (edited by Alexander 2011-01-04 13:12:20)

Field Containers:
100 HP
30 in all resistances (23%)
0.5m Surface Size

Attackable only outside Syndicate protection. PVP flag for attacking container. Can attack any container, including your own.

Adds a lot more greifing tactics as well as ransoming containers back.

The Game

Alexander wrote:

Field Containers should be destroyable but have a size of 0.5m hit disp and arkhe resistances.

Good idea on resistances. The signature dispersion is a bit odd, as it is simply a DPS modifier for bots. Unless you meant to say that Mechs should have harder time destroying containers than light bots, then a sizable armor hp modification should suffice.

o/

This is the xxx spot.

I like the idea.

(also, what about booby trapped containers? smile )

Bastian Croft wrote:

We need to be able to do something to prevent a sequer from just dropping his cargo into a field container, dying, and then coming back with a larger force to retrieve his goods.

Yeah this was the weakest move I have seen ingame yet lol.  "Jettison the indestructible black box containing our 80u of cargo!"

Since a dedicated group can work through the 10k guesses pretty fast (15 minutes worst-case for 10 players? even faster on average?), this strategy isn't a game-breaker.

I agree it would be nice to have "blast it open" as a strategy - but that should take significant time and have costs such as damaged / lost contents. It would also be nice to have a hacking module that has a decent chance per cycle to reveal the code, for players who can't be bothered guessing manually, but who have the NIC + EP + slot to fit it.

It's pretty absurd it's not like this already. Support.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Field containers also need to "unlock" after their current 10 minute timer runs out.

Destroying them would be nice too, but I would love to be able to claim the contents of a container if they cant keep control of it until it vanishes or remove the contents.  Would make pirating much more fun and worth while.

My thread about it from the beta archive: http://forumsbetaarchive.perpetuum-onli … unlocking/

->You just lost The Game<-

This piece-meal whittling of game mechanics is getting old.

First deleting cargo, now containers.

Just list everything you need to make pirating fun and let the dev's change it all at one time; so they can get back to programming the fun stuff like artillary and tanks.

I'm serious, if you catch someone afk mining or undefended you should get the stuff, just get all of your issues organized and submitted in one place to get it over with.

Arga wrote:

Just list everything you need to make pirating fun and let the dev's change it all at one time; so they can get back to programming the fun stuff like artillary and tanks.

I'm serious, if you catch someone afk mining or undefended you should get the stuff, just get all of your issues organized and submitted in one place to get it over with.

I support this. Everyone should post everything that they are ever going to post right now then leave these forums for good. That way we can spend our time doing fun stuff like blowing eachother up.

Snowstyle wrote:
Arga wrote:

I support this. Everyone should post everything that they are ever going to post right now then leave these forums for good. That way we can spend our time doing fun stuff like blowing eachother up.

Or just blowing each other...

oh wait.. it's only tuesday

Oh, if only... but M2S would die of troll-vation syndrome if they stopped posts. Just get all the OMG I hate all the carebear mechanic posts out of the way and get on with the game.

They should be with 10k+ HP
otherwise some arkhe can get there and destroy it without risk.

They need to be destroyable. In the game guide:
"A field container deployed by an Agent is his/her belonging, therefore it shares the same rights as the owner. If you shoot at someone's field container, the police will fire upon you.'

So, its planned to be in?

Sphinx wrote:

They should be with 10k+ HP
otherwise some arkhe can get there and destroy it without risk.

They need to be destroyable. In the game guide:
"A field container deployed by an Agent is his/her belonging, therefore it shares the same rights as the owner. If you shoot at someone's field container, the police will fire upon you.'

So, its planned to be in?

It was taken out.

I support this very much.

+1

GREAT suggestion.

Disagree.

It's ridiculous to think that hailing down damage on a container will somehow break it open, yet keep the cargo intact.

There should be a skill/finesse way to open them without being fired upon that does not require brute force, however (which is just fail).

19 (edited by Neoxx 2011-01-05 23:12:45)

Marus wrote:

Disagree.

It's ridiculous to think that hailing down damage on a container will somehow break it open, yet keep the cargo intact.

There should be a skill/finesse way to open them without being fired upon that does not require brute force, however (which is just fail).

We hail down damage on bots all the time, break them open, and quite a bit of the cargo stays intact.

There should be skill/finesse way to open up enemy bots that does not require brute force and allows you to take everything they have, even the bot (which is an amazing idea).

<Just putting things into perspective>

~N~

Neoxx wrote:
Marus wrote:

Disagree.

We hail down damage on bots all the time, break them open, and quite a bit of the cargo stays intact.

There should be skill/finesse way to open up enemy bots that does not require brute force and allows you to take everything they have, even the bot (which is an amazing idea).

<Just putting things into perspective>

~N~

I love this.

Arga wrote:

Oh, if only... but M2S would die of troll-vation syndrome if they stopped posts. Just get all the OMG I hate all the carebear mechanic posts out of the way and get on with the game.

Weird, my carebear detector is making this really loud screeching sound when I scroll past your posts.

Anyway, it's a good idea. But I also suggest 10k hp and 10m surface size. There is no reason you should be missing a completely static item sitting at your feet. (Especially one capable of holding 4,000 or so stacks of items.)

Actually, give it only 1k HP, but 90-95% resists.  You want the container destructible, with time, but you want it easily RRd if someone wants it to stay alive.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!