Re: My take on the state of the game

Annihilator wrote:

The artifacters i know move faster then npc, and are barely noticed by them.

But you cant do pinpointing the artifact when running from reds. You also need to make a big circle around reds sometimes.

Illiathos wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

The artifacters i know move faster then npc, and are barely noticed by them.

But you cant do pinpointing the artifact when running from reds. You also need to make a big circle around reds sometimes.

And once 1 of those aggro you, they follow you forever.  And ever.  And ever.  Of think you out ran?  Teleports to your location.  Hi, I'm here again.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

it isnt that hard to hide and wait so what it takes you 5 mins longer it shouldn't be a cake walk there should be risk form pvp and pve other wise it is free money

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

it isnt that hard to hide and wait so what it takes you 5 mins longer it shouldn't be a cake walk there should be risk form pvp and pve other wise it is free money

Im pretty sure there is more lucrative business around if you have to wait for 5 minutes. Besides, you're talking about free money. Whole alpha is free money.

Ville wrote:

And once 1 of those aggro you, they follow you forever.  And ever.  And ever.  Of think you out ran?  Teleports to your location.  Hi, I'm here again.

They only do that with you.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Fix it Jesus, baby Jesus, and the Jesus at the mall.  that'd be cool is there was a reward buff for doing beacons on gamma.

why should there be beacons on gamma are easier than on alpha

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

It is my understanding that on beta and gamma, NPC's (beacons or roaming) do not drop loot if they die from explosion damage. I thought this was brought in as one way to address beacon pits during gamma v1.0.

If this is the case then doing beacons on beta or gamma would provide less reward due to bots not dropping loot, or have I missed the point ?

It is so messed up.  The reward vs risk is upside down.  I can make more money perfectly safe on Alpha.

Ville wrote:

It is so messed up.  The reward vs risk is upside down.  I can make more money perfectly safe on Alpha.

Duplication of stuff? lol
Never! I've never seen you to farm or digging at alpha. wink

Because you've never lived on Tellesis.

static NPC will be removed soon. and when the market changes, you'll be begging to return back as it was. tongue

Just @ Game

Illiathos wrote:
Herpus Derpus wrote:
Illiathos wrote:

What I am going to be talking about today is the alpha-beta-gamma risk/reward balance.

When it comes to ratting, the robots dont do any explosion. As such, a guy like me with a bunch of accounts can easily and reliably do 3 star mech beacon. Yes, 3 star mech beacons. As such, i make 150-200 million nic and hour. This is game breaking and needs to be fixed. A note to take: i have no t4+ and my skills arent even that high.

You will have to give me a number breakdown  on that cause the numbers seem grossly exaggerated. How much plasma, how many modules, fragments.

I do have statistics about npc farming in high end fitted bots but they never reach near 150 millions.

Otherwise many things you mentioned are correct. The thing is that this game cant be balanced around a low player count it has to be balanced around bigger numbers. The paradigma that beta is needed for gamma is not true. It takes 10 minutes at max to move a fleet from alpha to a gamma base with little chance of anyone intercepting them.

I farm with 2 t4 fit seths, a logi, a remote sensor amp bot, and a nexus. I kill 3 stripe beacons really fast. I get a bunch of plasma, but most money comes from hitech kernels. Ive been soloing those beacons like a month ago and i calculated approx. 400-500 million profit in the timespan of 3 hours

If your using 5 accounts that's more like 80 mil an hour but it's always been that absurdly powerful. Good luck getting the Devs to care.

Tonnik wrote:
Illiathos wrote:
Herpus Derpus wrote:

You will have to give me a number breakdown  on that cause the numbers seem grossly exaggerated. How much plasma, how many modules, fragments.

I do have statistics about npc farming in high end fitted bots but they never reach near 150 millions.

Otherwise many things you mentioned are correct. The thing is that this game cant be balanced around a low player count it has to be balanced around bigger numbers. The paradigma that beta is needed for gamma is not true. It takes 10 minutes at max to move a fleet from alpha to a gamma base with little chance of anyone intercepting them.

I farm with 2 t4 fit seths, a logi, a remote sensor amp bot, and a nexus. I kill 3 stripe beacons really fast. I get a bunch of plasma, but most money comes from hitech kernels. Ive been soloing those beacons like a month ago and i calculated approx. 400-500 million profit in the timespan of 3 hours

If your using 5 accounts that's more like 80 mil an hour but it's always been that absurdly powerful. Good luck getting the Devs to care.

I do have some tricks up my sleve that makes farming even faster, but im not disclosing them. Even if its only 80mill an hour, its still absurdly powerful.

BadAss wrote:

static NPC will be removed soon. and when the market changes, you'll be begging to return back as it was. tongue

Please tell me the source of that information.

Chemist wrote:

Never! I've never seen you to farm or digging at alpha. wink

Whip your intel guys!.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Illiathos wrote:
BadAss wrote:

Please tell me the source of that information.

DEV Zoom

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

This game's economic balance makes the North Koreans say WTF lol lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

This game's economic balance makes the North Koreans say WTF lol lol

Best comment of this entire read. Well besides the well thought out and valid arguments.

This is a good discussion that has been brought up a number of times.
I think Illiathos is right in saying, as-is, alpha is more profitable as a well established high-skilled/equipped player.
And the strategies discussed are also good.  To highlight or add some I've seen elsewhere:
-Reduce high-end earning potentials on alpha :smaller fields, beacon activation restrictions!, lower level npc spawns, nora lifespan/capacity decrease.
-Increase risk for afk/botting on alpha: Introduce red arkhe drones on alpha(2||1and 2)!  Even with current mechanics dragging aggro to kill someone with drones would clearly be a huge hassle, but enough to keep 100% afk mining to a minimum (Maybe miners will have to....Tank!?! =O).
-Increase gamma incentives: epitron, plant capacity/lifespan increase, fix npc teleporting, reduce spawn time freq, maybe introduce super awesome fun cool Gamma assignments!  =o (MPC module that generates assignments for any with access to base to run, that could be a good nic-earning, high-activity, team-based ,end-game PVE content you are looking for).

We have all been saying this stuff for ages now.

RIP PERPETUUM

47 (edited by Burial 2015-05-12 16:07:21)

Blocker wrote:
T3xasp3t3 wrote:

It is my understanding that on beta and gamma, NPC's (beacons or roaming) do not drop loot if they die from explosion damage. I thought this was brought in as one way to address beacon pits during gamma v1.0.

If this is the case then doing beacons on beta or gamma would provide less reward due to bots not dropping loot, or have I missed the point ?

Correct, it's completely pointless to go over the hoops of farming on Betas. Deal with danger and explosion damage and lose part of the loot to screwed up mechanics. On top of that, the difficulty of rank 4 spawns on Alphas are suitable to anyone but the multi-year vets with multiple accounts.