Topic: Question to Avatar Creations.

Hi!

My name is Ville and I am kind of new around here but I have a few questions.

What is the road map looking like for new content, like the priority list.  I ask because I am slightly confused about when things went from "we have the foundation to the system in place" to we ain't heard a thing in 6 months.

Maybe because I am naive and slightly biased because I am used to hard working hispanics in America but, how far out are things like:

T5.  I have a really hard time understanding WHY we don't have this yet.  And balancing is not a good enough answer.  Like maybe I am dumb but you already have:

1.  3d Models.
2.  Research tree in place with place holders for future expansions.
3.  And you have balanced the robots into oblivion.
4.  Commodities in place.

And like I said maybe I am naive here, but how hard is it to copy the T4 version, increase the states by 2.5% across the board and go?

You have commodities in place like Tiraizin in place.  You add that ONE commodity into T5 and you have INSTANT NEED FOR GAMMA!!!  Not to mention kernals and moving in the market.

And you don't have to roll ALL of the T5 in one go, you could stagger it to get more content on the ground for veterans, like roll out guns 1 month, run out armor and shields another month.  Roll out Engineering another month etc...  It would build hype and excitement with very minimal development.

Paint Jobs?
Where are these things we talked about in September of 2014?

New Robots?

The highway reworked system?

New robots/Paint jobs seem very complicated but the other items seem like little to no, real no feature development and some good content to drive the games population and give people things to do for a while.  Just curious why we are still talking about this in 2015..

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

2 (edited by Rowboat 2015-05-07 09:13:46)

Re: Question to Avatar Creations.

Fix it JESUS! +1  Megaladon Red NPC from beacons(that take an alliance to kill) oh yeah, a lawnmower or flamethrower or something that can kill plants quickly or find the code that says how many plants can occupy an island and cut that mofo by 2/3.  Ty

If you divide by a decimal it would actually multiply the plants. Don't need salt. Just concrete that isn't bugged. I agree that there needs to be updates and a clear road map. Work with the lowercase to test things you are working on. I promise that if you have a weekly session or bi-weekly sessions to test whatever is being worked on. Maybe live stream it for *** and giggles. Your silence is deafening.

Goddamn fanboys, 5 years and you still haven't learned and accepted what you're dealing with here. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

If it's not worth playing RIGHT NOW with the current features, why play.

The short answer is that we can only do one thing at a time, otherwise everything gets even more delayed. The things you mentioned are either in the queue or at least being considered.

As for your T5 idea, that's basically called power creep in that form.

We need not a new tier, we need new modules. And... robots. smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

As for your T5 idea, that's basically called power creep in that form.

It may be called that but it'd add months of content to your game.  Months..  Zoom the player base here hates recycling ok content with new balances.  Because there's no drive to obtain something.  I remember being new and grinding to unlock T4 in the old random system!  I'd was an amazing feeling unlocking t4 small em guns, I'll never forget that day.  I would like to have that feeling again.  Actually playing the PVE aspect of this game!!  The robots already got a straight 20% Nerf.  Do you think 2.5% is too much to ask for??

Off my head this is what is coming next update:

New assignment system
Reworked highway system
removal of static NPC (free roaming only)

Please confirm this?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

New assignment system
Reworked highway system

Please confirm this?

We'll be doing a staggered release of the assignment system, so the removal of static NPC spawns will likely happen once all zones are "converted", but otherwise correct.

12 (edited by Ville 2015-05-07 16:41:11)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

New assignment system
Reworked highway system

Please confirm this?

We'll be doing a staggered release of the assignment system, so the removal of static NPC spawns will likely happen once all zones are "converted", but otherwise correct.

Ugh.. does this mean that Beta/Alpha 2s are going to have to wait for missions still...?

Ville - T5 equip is your personal baised agenda, and as such against your leaders will. stop it!

zoom - i hope you're staggered revamp starts with beta 2 this time, and doesn't stop until finished (like all other mission revamps in the past)

whats taking so long anyway, if the only logical assumption would be that the new mission system is procedural generated, and not hand-crafted?
Seeding the islands with the on-terrain reequip stations is something you'd probably do with a mix of  simple pathfinding and voronoi algorithm to allow automated placement of them with an ideal but not uniform distribution...

since you are demo-coders, you probably have more experience with it...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It's not like this is news really.

January status report wrote:

we are planning a staggered release of the reworked islands, starting with Alphas. This means that once we’re done with filling up Alpha 1 islands with the new assignment templates, random objectives, field terminals, and reconfigured teleports, we’ll deploy them to the test server and shortly after that to the live server.

We haven't had missions on beta2s since they were released 3 years ago...

Şo there's only a limited amount of time left where everyone interested can bot.. khm, engage for 20 hours a day in interesting PVE content, on Alpha and then its over? big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

17 (edited by Rex Amelius 2015-05-08 01:58:53)

DEV Zoom wrote:

The short answer is that we can only do one thing at a time, otherwise everything gets even more delayed. The things you mentioned are either in the queue or at least being considered.

"Power creep is the gradual unbalancing of a game due to successive releases of new content"

LOL ...gradual

How about Power Sledge ...the instant unbalancing of a game due to excessive beating of the same content.

Sparking to other games

if DeV's introduce T5 equipment - the everyone will use only t5.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Rex Amelius wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

"Power creep is the gradual unbalancing of a game due to successive releases of new content"

LOL ...gradual

How about Power Sledge ...the instant unbalancing of a game due to excessive beating of the same content.

This might be a heavy dose of sarcasm Zoom but its the sentiment the majority of the player base feels.  We don't like staring at the same purple modules over and over or the same robots over and over. 

The T5 idea provides on the spot content.  The robots have already seen a straight 20% decrease in performance.  Adding that 2.5% increase doesn't upside down balance.  It doesn't decrease the roles anymore of the other modules.

T1 basic stuff
T2 lighter and easier to fit.
T3 cheaper to build than T4 basic stat boasts
T4 well balanced and stat boasted
T5 heaviest and stat boast.

And as I've said before, the player base will not back lash you if you take existing robot 3d design copy them, rename them and give them different slots and bonus.

You could take an arbalest for example. 

Copy it rename it to the villetron2000 and remove the 5th chassis slot.  Make 4 slots and only 3 can have guns.  Give it an ecm bonus and have mini ewar assault bots and the community would loose their mind praising you for adding new content.  And that would require hardly any new development time!  And give players more options.  These little things make people get excited not rebalancing the same content over and over.

If DeV's introduce T5 equipment they also will need rename "perpetuum-online" into "villetuum-online" and delete all my accounts.

I do not know whether to T5. but new robots exactly need.

Just @ Game

Quelaag wrote:

If DeV's introduce T5 equipment they also will need rename "perpetuum-online" into "villetuum-online" and delete all my accounts.

So no real loss then.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Quelaag wrote:

So do you not want new content?  We've never had a new tier of modules.  We've gotten two robots since launch.  I'm not asking for a kidney.  I'm asking for something with little development time and add months of content, even years.  The Cavite to this is when and if you EVER get a 3D artist, you can have the model redone and patch it in...

Actually we have introduced new tiers twice (not counting prototypes). Once when we got artifacts (T0 and T3-), and once when we got distress beacons (T2+ and T4+).

We do have plans for T5 which will be colixum-based items, but they certainly won't be a +x% copy of T4.

Make t5 the super heavy *** that is needed to siege gamma bases or slow a heavy down to 30 when its plated. T5 can be specialized for one thing and that role has been needed for a while.