Topic: QoL: Noralgis

Nora is a quite expensive thing and the most annoying resource to get by far...

this realy could be made quite a bit more user friendly. also putting down 200 incubators always have been a pain for itself. speciialy because you have no visual indicator for a fresh droped incubator.
yes i know harvesting modules that stop before they kill the plant was suggested before... so im not going that way.

why not have the incubator not giving the resource itself and will be just a object.
the incubator could spawn noralgis "tumors" in a cerain radius around it. they will only "grow" or increase in numbers if the incubator is around. so "killing" the tumors will make no difference. if you kill the incubaror (guns). then its over.
that way it will be way more convinient to harvest it. no worries about killing your expensive nora anymore...

i would give the incubators more room and more yield then the current ones have. so for a theoretical example one incubator can spawn up to 20 tumors in a 5 field radius
price and drop chances can be adjusted easily...

win

Re: QoL: Noralgis

+1

there  is no reason not to make it. and with the existing game mechanics (new mineral pocket system, highway gamma nodes, etc) should be a matter of a few minutes to code.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

also it would be better so you might not have to harvest your plants every day.
if you dont harvest it then it might just spawn a few more tumors and you can let it grow a bit longer.

with the current growing and dieing plants you have to harvest it every day or your plants die down.

Sorry Zortarg, I understand the idea and not bad either, but the AFK miners/harvesters still on the place no need more support to them.

But I also suggested the visual indicator should be up right after you deploy one.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Visual indicator would be nice. Rest of post I don't think would be good since Nora is intentionally the most difficult resource to get other than collixum.

+1 good idea with price and cycle yields balanced accordingly.

RIP PERPETUUM

Zortarg wrote:

Nora is a quite expensive thing and the most annoying resource to get by far...

this realy could be made quite a bit more user friendly. also putting down 200 incubators always have been a pain for itself. speciialy because you have no visual indicator for a fresh droped incubator.
yes i know harvesting modules that stop before they kill the plant was suggested before... so im not going that way.

why not have the incubator not giving the resource itself and will be just a object.
the incubator could spawn noralgis "tumors" in a cerain radius around it. they will only "grow" or increase in numbers if the incubator is around. so "killing" the tumors will make no difference. if you kill the incubaror (guns). then its over.
that way it will be way more convinient to harvest it. no worries about killing your expensive nora anymore...

i would give the incubators more room and more yield then the current ones have. so for a theoretical example one incubator can spawn up to 20 tumors in a 5 field radius
price and drop chances can be adjusted easily...

win

Botting for the win.

Altera wrote:

Botting for the win.

I feel sorry for you if you think that the current system prevents botting.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I still don't know why this stuff doesn't grow wild on gamma....

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Annihilator wrote:
Altera wrote:

Botting for the win.

SURE......LOL.....

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Annihilator wrote:
Altera wrote:

Botting for the win.

100% agree, and setting up mechanics to deter botting is not fair for those that don't practice game breaking stuff.

Botting needs to be controlled by bans.

RIP PERPETUUM

Just let nora grow in groups of 5 on gamma and only single or double on beta

Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Altera wrote:

Botting for the win.

100% agree, and setting up mechanics to deter botting is not fair for those that don't practice game breaking stuff.

Botting needs to be controlled by bans.

They can't ban the majority of their active population.

Gwyndor wrote:

Just let nora grow in groups of 5 on gamma and only single or double on beta

Also - at least 100 away from any teleport.  And personally I'd like to see you make it extremely heavy so you have to pull out a Scarab or a Lithus to pick it up.

nice idea!
i put it in to the queue.
thanks

that might acctually work with the other harvestable plants as well.
the others should not be removed. if ppl want to put down a single plant.. they still should be able to. but having a better way to grow the standart harvestable plant might also bee of intrest.

dont get me wrong. im not for a cheaper way to get that stuff. just a more convinient way to manage that. it should still be around the same cost to get the same yield. and it should not be faster to harvest. but it should make the whole process less anoying.

Cool. think please how to reduce the cost epriton big_smile

Just @ Game

BadAss wrote:

Cool. think please how to reduce the cost epriton big_smile

go mine it yourself. miner charges are realy cheap. so its very cheap for you then.

I like this idea.. It may also be an enabler to completely revamp the plant mechanics ? (remove possibility of lag generation?)

-1 to the OP as this is clearly going to occupy too much dev time but +1 to the change of the current mechanics for Nora. Better balanced with clear visuals but Zortarg needs some dev love so meh.

YES *** I am PHM so hate on.

21 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-05-01 10:35:53)

DEV Crm wrote:

nice idea!
thanks

The DEVs have spoken ... Thread closed, Next idea! smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I'm excited to see this develop!  I wonder how the tumors Will be worked out!

Fantastic idea Zortarg

-Ensi

23 (edited by Ensireka 2015-05-05 02:11:15)

Double post.  Sorry.

-Ensi

24 (edited by Annihilator 2016-01-09 01:40:13)

*bump*

DEV Crm wrote:

nice idea!
thanks

ok, can you please do:

1. take that "Deployable Wall Maintenance Unit" as template.

2. take that terrain-decal mechanic you have used for painting the higway effect of gamma highway nodes on terrain

3. take that new liquid mining mechanic and use it in reverse

4. combine it into a new kind of deplyoable that makes a certain plant grow in its influence radius, radial expanding from the deployable
    (hence the inversed liquid mining mechanic)

5. give the deployable an accumulator that consumes X AP for every plant cycle it "grows" in its influence area
    (hence the DWM as template)

6. if the deployable is destroyed, or out of accumulator, the plants will die off naturally

extra suggestion:

• give the deployable enough hitpoints to have a nice plant killing AoE explosion if destroyed

• give the deployable same masking as proxy probe

• give the deployable a 0.001 cargospace to "program" it with an incubator.
    (this would reduce the number of new items to code to just one, and limit it to harvestables only)

Zortarg wrote:

the incubator could spawn noralgis "tumors" in a cerain radius around it.

Altera wrote:

Botting for the win.

Wouldn't the current system with a fixed Noralgis (on the incubator) position be easier to Bot?