Topic: When this game will die definitely ?

I'm waiting since 2 years sad

Re: When this game will die definitely ?

Are you in a hurry?

yes, i would like to see new contents before my EP booster finish, only 2 years left.

I hope that i will be enough to see new bots.

in two years the game will die because microsoft will decide to stop supporting 32bit software in windows XI ..

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I was asking because the topic title and your post made it sound like you've been waiting for the game to die since 2 years smile

Maybe because i had  good hopes in this game and that you destroyed them.

it remembered me when you accused my old corporation of cheating, and others things and that it's wrong.

So much good feelings that we can keep against you. It's was a good period smile

Lot of errors.

7 (edited by Celebro 2015-04-25 20:18:56)

I think what he meant is, we cannot wait forever (another 2 years) until the devs give us a good reason to come back.

RIP PERPETUUM

There is a lots of change lately, just come back and try to engage people to play.

Now I dont see any reason, why you wouldnt play, just make some goal and do it.

If I have another life I just make a campaing in Hungary and recruit as many new players as I can, and set up goals like, Conquer a Beta station after that build a Gamma base. That is 1-2 year plan content to me, seems enough.
I dont have another life, so I dont have that many time.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Ill agree with Inda the Devs have made progress in the last year it may be slow but its still progress

Several players have returned to the game but there are few new players because advertisement is lacking

yes the game needs more advertisement one person im hopeful for is DHblaze and his you tube vids i hope those help a little at least and if more players would stream it would also be awesome

PS. Blaze's vids are good

what progress?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

um let me read 40 pages of patch notes ill find 1 thing somewhere

Lets not beat the advertising horse again please. Im so tired of seeing how common sense just isnt so common.

I have lots of hopes!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

This game has had a lot of progress. the point of contention is most of it has been REALLY bad.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

um let me read 40 pages of patch notes ill find 1 thing somewhere

Good luck with that..

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I enjoyed this topic.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

DEV Zoom wrote:

I was asking because the topic title and your post made it sound like you've been waiting for the game to die since 2 years smile

This is one of those topics, you don't post in and just ignore Zoom.

I am Perpetuum.

Honestly I see this game having a ton of potential. I'm not sure what all has happened since its been up but I'm glad I joined. If anything I could see this game growing a good amount but just like my channel it boils down to reach. Not sure whom all watches my videos from here but if even a few come, play and have fun they could spread the word a little bit. However I feel we are going to need a good deal more then that to boost the communities size.

If some one wanted to ( I lack the funds) you could take a roll at the youtube Ad system. For about 40$ you have the potential for thousands of views on a commercial across channels. Its a Gamble but it could help.... I choose against it since there are to many variables. So.... you know a risky tactic and have a warning it could flop.

is it really only 40 usd?

Kinda, let me show you. You can set a budget and other things but this is a basic idea.

http://i.imgur.com/IXHM98G.jpg

DHBlaze wrote:

Honestly I see this game having a ton of potential. I'm not sure what all has happened since its been up but I'm glad I joined. If anything I could see this game growing a good amount but just like my channel it boils down to reach. Not sure whom all watches my videos from here but if even a few come, play and have fun they could spread the word a little bit. However I feel we are going to need a good deal more then that to boost the communities size.

If some one wanted to ( I lack the funds) you could take a roll at the youtube Ad system. For about 40$ you have the potential for thousands of views on a commercial across channels. Its a Gamble but it could help.... I choose against it since there are to many variables. So.... you know a risky tactic and have a warning it could flop.

+1  For the enthusiasm, tips, and the videos big_smile
Of course I am sure there is some sort of exposure level per $ spent, where and when your ad gets shown etc...

What I can't figure out is what is really stopping the devs from trying it out.  Is it a timing issue? Coordinate with the next patch?  Maybe that movie spot they landed?  Recent server move uncertainties?

I applaud the caution about the above, but some things can still happen now.  There are players with accounts already that left for reasons that might have been fixed!  Surely an email to the registered accounts is not much to put together (and its free! right?)

I have been thinking about trying to spread the word, and guerrilla-promote perp in other venues (likely getting banned in the process).  I just want to know will my efforts be reciprocated?  Are there players, and/or devs, that are ready to have this game come to life in a big way again?

You have to get inside the mind of the new player.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUzIKeQO5sg

Sadly, this is probably the best viewer comment:

"AAAHH, THIS IS SO BORING! No offence Jim but not even you can make this entertaining! No punch to anything, no feeling of weight, boring hotkey combat, crappy graphics. This is as interesting as the windows calculator!"

:-\

Iv been waiting sooooooooo much longer than 2 years for this game to die.    And yes this game is on its way out, the devs had a chance with a steam release to get it right... That was the last big chance for the game. But the devs screwed the pooch so hard, they had to go back to the pound and get another one.