Re: LAGS!

Hunter wrote:
Phantomburn wrote:

Not out of the woods yet, a small 7 on 7 there was horrendous lag had by others in TS and warping around today.  I on the other hand only had spotty lag here and there.  It was around a small tree patch.

and here you're right. There are problems with autopilot and plants. It happens cause of autopilot builds a path, using your local terrain data. Each time he encounters with changes - he trying rebuild the path "on the fly". TBH not everything is good yet in there.

We weren't autopiloting in yesterday's brawl.  It happens when lists of explosion, shooting of plants etc...  Honestly if they could just turn off the mechanic that spreads damage, it's cool in theory and concept but it's creating an undesirable side effect in pvp that weighs more than clearing plants.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

just turn off plant dying animation. explosion is good smile

Phantomburn wrote:

We weren't autopiloting in yesterday's brawl.  It happens when lists of explosion, shooting of plants etc...  Honestly if they could just turn off the mechanic that spreads damage, it's cool in theory and concept but it's creating an undesirable side effect in pvp that weighs more than clearing plants.

One more tip: Check if your squad window closed. If it's open - close it forever.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Phantomburn wrote:

Game where you can't have a ~7v7 without warping around the screen every time something blows up isn't a game, it's an abortus.

Fix the code.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

oh, while your at it
things that are unconfirmed reasons for lag spikes in pvp that you should remove:

1. AoE explosions
2. teleporting with pvp flag or during the grace time the server records data for killmails
3. roaming npcs
4. Burial using Vagabond
5. Gamma outposts

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

oh, while your at it
things that are unconfirmed reasons for lag spikes in pvp that you should remove:

1. AoE explosions
2. teleporting with pvp flag or during the grace time the server records data for killmails
3. roaming npcs
4. Burial using Vagabond
5. Gamma outposts

6.  Terrible posts by the original bitter vet.

I only have one problem atm, when corpproduction finish i get freeze.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Total number of registered users: 33,494 lol

can't connect during US prime time, again....

360 (edited by Inda 2015-03-22 18:11:10)

Many people experiencing LAG again, kinda same what the last time!

I couldn't login yestarday at 21:00.
Today lost connections and LAGs, 2 times when I PVPing.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Yes, Had several instances where lagged to N/A ping and had to close client to refresh. Didnt lose any bots while I was lagging but had to wait several times before having a stable connection to pvp. Many were not lucky enough to fix issues before fighting started and ended.

Also, when jumping to another island my client likes to completely freeze. I have to launch task manager to close the client and restart. This happens 90% of the time when moving to another island.

didn't play today, but i had lag issues last weekend. though, since i also had them in ED, i blamed it on my ISP

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I'm still experiencing lag around trees in pvp.

Phantomburn wrote:

I'm still experiencing lag around trees in pvp.

Lag don't grow on trees Ville.

RIP PERPETUUM

I see what you did there.

We have probably found the issue with plant-related lags. In theory, when a plant is damaged or is destroyed, the server would send you an update only for the affected tile (about plant presence, plant health, and blocks).

Well it looks like this is not the case, as it sends you a package about the whole 64x64 tile sector where it happened. That's a lot of unnecessary traffic (about 10kb per update event).

We're working on a fix.

\0/

DEV Zoom wrote:

We have probably found the issue with plant-related lags. In theory, when a plant is damaged or is destroyed, the server would send you an update only for the affected tile (about plant presence, plant health, and blocks).

Well it looks like this is not the case, as it sends you a package about the whole 64x64 tile sector where it happened. That's a lot of unnecessary traffic (about 10kb per update event).

We're working on a fix.

This is very good news!  Even for the folks that siad plants didn't lag and was a figment of our imagination wink

Altera wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

We're working on a fix.

This is very good news!  Even for the folks that siad plants didn't lag and was a figment of our imagination wink

Yay!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

That's great news...I hope it is fixed soon.....thanks for coming out to say it ZOOM, you could have hid a patch in there and saved face...*Bows to Dev Zoom*

its a good chance to fix terrain update in general. running around with 150 kph and seeing terrain updating those 64² tiles only a few pixels infront of you isn't that appealing either.

and the question is - why can you make the terrain update in those 64² chunks, but not do a seamless continent bigger then the current 2048² maps ?

Excellent news!! Thanks for sticking with it Zoom and not just telling us we imagined it. Hope this leads to a fix soon!

374 (edited by Chemist 2015-05-06 17:37:21)

By the way, I want to say, I never noticed the lag when shooting at the plants...
After the last movement of the server, personally I have no lags.

Fix is now out on the test server.