Topic: Old bug(?)

Previous our base has been destroyed due to the fact that in the reactors was over energy. This is because the turrets firing continuously into the ground, as it does not take into account the trajectory of the shot. Now PHM/CIR use the same: placing the robot behind the mountain, they thereby make turrets to shoot in the ground so long until the end of the energy. This is normal?

Re: Old bug(?)

I would say this is a strategy and not a bug. Similar to building siege walls in old gamma.

Aye Pod wrote:

I would say this is a strategy and not a bug. Similar to building siege walls in old gamma.

Strategy? What is the strategy?

Chemist wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:

Strategy? What is the strategy?

Yep, stupid strategy lol

Just @ Game

5 (edited by Goshka 2015-04-20 16:59:43)

Aye Pod wrote:

Dear Aye Pod, beside the theatral hypocrisy and pretention nothing happened, you try to fool people around. Moreover, I would say it's your big huge luck you play in a game with low online. Because if it would be another game of thousands players...such ppl like you and Balfi would be irreversibly insta-banned with no negotiation. I wouldn't even start talking about your alliance's playstyle which literally killed the online of this game... don't you have even a drop of decency?

Its a bug, since Turrets should consider LoS since gamma 2.0, unless its a destructible obstacle.

If someone exploits that without reporting, you should report it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-04-20 18:16:45)

@Goshka The only thing my alliance is guilty of is being good. Its not our responsibility to make sure feelings don't get hurt in the process. In case you haven't noticed but most of my alliance hasn't been active in this game for a long time. In our absence your corporation has stepped up to fill the role of server bad guy so you can stop with all the QQ about "decency."

@Russians Im not trolling. The strategy I am speaking of is finding cover until the enemy runs out of bullets. Its not fun when it happens to you but I don't think its a broken game mechanic.

EDIT: @Anni Can you pls link the change logs that back up your claim that it is a bug/exploit? I cant find them and doubt it exists at all.

Annihilator wrote:

Its a bug, since Turrets should consider LoS since gamma 2.0, unless its a destructible obstacle.

If someone exploits that without reporting, you should report it.

One: (afk Arkhe) http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/264003

Two: (afk Arkhe) http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/264004

And (before One and Two) http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/264002 (Checking which side they can use the bug). The same coordinates.

I'm sure the developers will take nothing, but the players need to know.

Aye Pod wrote:

EDIT: @Anni Can you pls link the change logs that back up your claim that it is a bug/exploit? I cant find them and doubt it exists at all.

Use patchnotes. And forum.

Aye Pod wrote:

@Goshka The only thing my alliance is guilty of is being good. Its not our responsibility to make sure feelings don't get hurt in the process. In case you haven't noticed but most of my alliance hasn't been active in this game for a long time. In our absence your corporation has stepped up to fill the role of server bad guy so you can stop with all the QQ about "decency."

@Russians Im not trolling. The strategy I am speaking of is finding cover until the enemy runs out of bullets. Its not fun when it happens to you but I don't think its a broken game mechanic.

Well it is quite funny hearing from YOU the syntagm "bad guy". Really? Being good you mean smashing everyone (even the Steam newbies) until they give up playing? Building bases on all gammas? Capturing all Betas and not giving em to anyone?
This u call "being good" ?
In most of PVP-emphasizing games there is a certain limit each faction can get (power, influence, domination e.t.c.). You just did everything to make it 99,9999% and even your alliance got damn bored - outstanding logic. Excuse me, you might call it JUST as you want, but it's definetely NOT... being good!

Goshka wrote:

Well it is quite funny hearing from YOU the syntagm "bad guy". Really? Being good you mean smashing everyone (even the Steam newbies) until they give up playing? Building bases on all gammas? Capturing all Betas and not giving em to anyone?
In most of PVP-emphasizing games there is a certain limit each faction can get (power, influence, domination e.t.c.). You just did everything to make it 99,9999% and even your alliance got damn bored - outstanding logic. Excuse me, you might call it JUST as you want, but it's definetely NOT... being good!

If you dont like this game then dont play. Its not our fault you are playing a game where the big bad man can achieve 99,9999% (power, influence, domination e.t.c.) like you say.

Im trying to be nice but your post is just a bunch of whining.

Good day.

Chemist wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:

Use patchnotes. And forum.

I did and couldn't find it.

Aye Pod wrote:
Goshka wrote:

If you dont like this game then dont play. Its not our fault you are playing a game where the big bad man can achieve 99,9999% (power, influence, domination e.t.c.) like you say.

Im trying to be nice but your post is just a bunch of whining.

Good day.

Ofc, mr grown man, ofc u achieved it! The 99% power. And u killed the game! GJ! With almost 300 online at the beginning of June it ended with 30 online! GJ again!

14 (edited by Ville 2015-04-20 20:51:53)

A.  This feature has been submitted in a ticket, or atleast I was under the pretense it was when NSE base was attacked on Xiantor Zortarg did the same thing with a Mesmer mk2 versus a deployable wall tile.  Dayviolan was there.  You should ask him.
B.  There is a problem but it's not with the turrets.  It's the same bug with why light bots and light ewar can't shoot a destruction SAP.
C.  The ewar turrets have never been LOS.  Never.
D.  You are finally understanding the energy mechanics of gamma, which are terrible and next to impossible to mantain by a small few individuals.  You next step is to start exploring the overly bugged energy well system.

Chemist, gamma is really terrible.  The costs are too high to mantain and there's little to no benefit.  Hell chemist I packed my t3 base up months ago and shipped it to tellesis. 

Oh and *** all you people who got to build gamma bases without fighting red mobs.  You guys don't know the level of frustration I endured with terraforming and building not to mention island logistics.

PS the turret AI is dumber than a bag of ***.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Goshka wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:

Btw, when your CEO started playing again after being unbanned, only I, Ville, helped him get established on Gamma.  Also we have stewarted the rebuilding of mighty alliances to help sustainable growth in the game.  "A new Hope" and even NSE and Ethos partnership.  It's quite simple, diplomacy works.

Ah, mr grown up "move along, peasant" (words from Ville's pm to me) now may be wants to have peace. No more 2x 3x numbers, Ville? No more zerging and afraid fighting on even (or close to) numbers? Ah, I forgot, you guys just are...BEING GOOD (u need to make sure u gather 50 people online to attack).

17 (edited by Inda 2015-04-20 21:55:46)

Sorry Goshka you know me, but that argue is not valid.

The game isn't have low population beacuse anyone was active. That happened all the time, I just said to on the Forums, Steam will come and decrease the playerbase. This is nothing about that caused any player.

We can further analyzed that, by the CIR/77 side of players has many expeirnce in Perpetuum and has some playtime to play. The other branch just more casual, you cant fight by casually with hardcore gamers.

(I was here to step up, fore example RUST Coalition, ETHOS, and tried to build players, and help them, that is the hardest things I ever treid, because most of them just leave the game, even with me in the back dyign to help them, even I sacrificed some RL things for that.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

18 (edited by Goshka 2015-04-20 21:54:28)

Inda wrote:

Sorry Goshka you know me, but that argue is not valid.

The game isn't have low population beacuse anyone was active. That happened all the time, I just said to on the Forums, Steam will come and decrease the playerbase. This is nothing about that caused any player.

We can further analyzed that, by the CIR/77 side of players has many expeirnce in Perpetuum and has some playtime to play. The other branch just more casual, you cant fight by casually with hardcore gamers.

Inda, there is a limit between actual fighting and humiliating the newbies. Won't give concrete names, but some newer alliances would be much much bigger if somebody wouldn't be... "GOOD" (in Ville's understanding)! And the funny thing is...they (e.g. CIR and alliance) know that. May be they dont admit.

Concerning ETHOS alliance, we know what you did and you've earned even more respect from our side (even thogh I kill yu! big_smile). Would be nice if others understand it.

19 (edited by Inda 2015-04-20 21:59:12)

There is a limit yes, but I cant blame anyone to play the game.

You can be kind, (for example come with light/ew robots if you can bring Heavies also.) but you dont have to. I am not here to say anyone you are bad beacuse you kill everyone!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Goshka wrote:

Ah, mr grown up "move along, peasant" (words from Ville's pm to me) now may be wants to have peace. No more 2x 3x numbers, Ville? No more zerging and afraid fighting on even (or close to) numbers? Ah, I forgot, you guys just are...BEING GOOD (u need to make sure u gather 50 people online to attack).

Please stop trolling the topic and stirring up more drama.

So its a known bug you have reported and your doing it anyway? Is that the tl,dr?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

22 (edited by Goshka 2015-04-20 23:01:34)

Jita wrote:

So its a known bug you have reported and your doing it anyway? Is that the tl,dr?

Jita, let him PLEASE just be good! I beg you!
Don't u see he called it with his alt....A STRATEGY?

well it happens so often. How many known bugs are they gonna use to *** people over before the devs wake up.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

It's a feature ^.^

25 (edited by Chemist 2015-04-21 03:09:10)

To Devs: For repeated use bugs, please ban this character - "Bukkwild" or come up with an excuse to him, contrary to your rules.

New afk-Arkhes: http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/264009 and http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/264013

You or officially authorized to use this bug (when NOT EWAR turrets shoot into the ground) or fix the bug and punish the perpetrators of this character, as he had been warned. And advice for the future - show your character. You are afraid to ban players - it's bad. Players manipulate you against the background of low online.