Topic: Alpha PVP

How about no pvp restrictions on alpha, but you lose a percentage of your EP or skill levels.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Alpha PVP

I feel it'll only work if the ones dying have their accounts permanently deleted too.

The collective "Really Stupid Idea".

I am Perpetuum.

OMFG. big_smile

i am pretty sure celebro meant that the attacker is losing ep as penalty for beeing able to open fire on anywone on alpha.
there is no other way to read that.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

6 (edited by Celebro 2015-04-19 18:41:20)

Annihilator wrote:

i am pretty sure celebro meant that the attacker is losing ep as penalty for beeing able to open fire on anywone on alpha.

Yes, that's what I meant only the first to open fire will lose EP. big_smile

Oh and he/she would be KOS for x time or pvp flagged for a while if not killed.

RIP PERPETUUM

create a account basic skills ... go ganking in a group. i think we know how this turns out in eve. and no thank you...

8 (edited by Celebro 2015-04-19 21:13:00)

Zortarg wrote:

create a account basic skills ... go ganking in a group. i think we know how this turns out in eve. and no thank you...

Basics skills? You worried about ghanks on minimal skills, I am sure you can manage.

Edit: This is the deal here: the game desperately needs a boost of activity , also needs some more action other than botting / afking mining and ratting on alpha and lastly a reason for old and new players that would like to try this or like the risk involved to come back.

RIP PERPETUUM

-1. We are finally starting to see actual fighting going on and some people have finally decided to make some content for themselves.  We will have lots of content and action in the coming weeks if certain things happen..  lol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

10 (edited by Goffer 2015-04-20 06:56:06)

Just ask yourself how much EP you need to gank an LWF scarab, to see the stupidity in this request.

I guess 95% of alpha only player would stop playing if it would be that easy for them to loose their stuff to someone in bad mood using just an ICE for a bit PvP.

Annihilator wrote:

I'm pretty sure, its a really dumb idea.  No matter how you want to spin it.

I am Perpetuum.

12 (edited by Celebro 2015-04-20 16:31:52)

Goffer wrote:

Just ask yourself how much EP you need to gank an LWF scarab, to see the stupidity in this request.

I guess 95% of alpha only player would stop playing if it would be that easy for them to loose their stuff to someone in bad mood using just an ICE for a bit PvP.

There is something really wrong with the Scarab then I guess, if you are ok with the Scarab tank then you need to defend it like on beta and gamma.

Freighters die in High sec eve all the time though they have much higher tank. Oh, there is still quite a good number of players around in eve.

RIP PERPETUUM

13 (edited by Celebro 2015-04-20 14:57:16)

Perpetuum wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Hear me out here:

Eve punishes you by killing your ship.

Perp could be changed to punish you by freezing or removing EP.

Please do explain how this change is dumb idea, I really would like to hear your arguments.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Hear me out here:

Eve punishes you by killing your ship.

Perp could be changed to punish you by freezing or removing EP.

Please do explain how this change is dumb idea, I really would like to hear your arguments.

People cried that there were roaming red mobs on alpha, now you want open PVP, it would kill off any carebears and leave even less players in this game.  If people want to pvp, we have plenty of islands for that (which are almost always empty). 
Sorry, this is another bad idea.

Nobody cried about roaming mobs on alpha. People didn't like some folks abusing the mechanics of red mobs to grief people.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Perpetuum wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

first time i ever agree with you there... fuuu

Jita wrote:

Nobody cried about roaming mobs on alpha. People didn't like some folks abusing the mechanics of red mobs to grief people.

thats not true. mostly high-ep AFK/macro Miner cried since the first implementation of roaming npcs.
Contradicting to their own playstyle, "elite"-PvP'ers have been the first and loudest to cry about roaming observers are not "rewarding" to shoot down (as a grind target). To bad the DEVs listened to that...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

17 (edited by Celebro 2015-04-20 18:19:17)

Ok mine what you want and get all resources and buy Epri from Beta players GG. Tbfh Alpha is just a second public server, with no risks involved.

Altera: You guys know why Beta is empty? Because alpha players have 100% security , not risk, just a bland game in a bland empty world with a few players collecting pixels, then placing them in storage.

This what is left of this game , players scaremongering the Devs not to change their sandbox for the better, whilst the rest walks out to door bored of same old game play. Get your illusive rewards on alpha because in reality there is no reward without risk, however way you wish to see it.

Edit: Meet me halfway at the least, or please explain your position other than ' you will scare indy players away' or 'The Scarab has no tank'

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Ok mine what you want and get all resources and buy Epri from Beta players GG. Tbfh Alpha is just a second public server, with no risks involved.

Altera: You guys know why Beta is empty? Because alpha players have 100% security , not risk, just a bland game in a bland empty world with a few players collecting pixels, then placing them in storage.

This what is left of this game , players scaremongering the Devs not to change their sandbox for the better, whilst the rest walks out to door bored of same old game play. Get your illusive rewards on alpha because in reality there is no reward without risk, however way you wish to see it.

Edit: Meet me halfway at the least, or please explain your position other than ' you will scare indy players away' or 'The Scarab has no tank'

We need carebears.  I think making open PVP on the alphas is swinging the pendulum too far to the other side (FYI I almost never play on alpha, so I dont say this for myself or my corp). 

We are all frustrated with the lack of progress of this game. 

1. Re-introduce roaming red observers is a simple fix to start with.  It will curtail a lot of botting and afk mining that is flooding the game with large masses of 'pixels in storage'.
2. Create a decay mechanism for stored items/material (or tax).  Without this too many people will never have to do a days work again.  An ecomony can not live and grow if everyone already has everything they will ever want/need.

Altera wrote:
Celebro wrote:

2. Create a decay mechanism for stored items/material (or tax).  Without this too many people will never have to do a days work again.  An ecomony can not live and grow if everyone already has everything they will ever want/need.

*** no to the decay mechanics. I earned the crap I have in storage and it shouldn't matter if it ever sees the light of day again. Like the real world if I mothball the crap for years and pull it out I shouldn't expect my vintage '73 AMC Pacer, which I mass produced, to keep up with a '15 Camaro. Hell, it shouldn't be able to keep up with a '15 Safeway shopping cart.

I agree with your other points but this decay suggestion is horrible.

STC didn't "earn" anything.

GFYS

I am Perpetuum.

Cassius wrote:

*** no to the decay mechanics. I earned the crap I have in storage and it shouldn't matter if it ever sees the light of day again. Like the real world if I mothball the crap for years and pull it out I shouldn't expect my vintage '73 AMC Pacer, which I mass produced, to keep up with a '15 Camaro. Hell, it shouldn't be able to keep up with a '15 Safeway shopping cart.

I agree with your other points but this decay suggestion is horrible.

I am not sure if I understand your analogy; but if you mothball a car in '73, you will have to pay 42 years of storage fees to keep that car and that should cost more then storing a model car or a pircture of a car.  In this game the storage fees are the same whether you are storing the car in mothballs or storing a picture of the car in your wallet (its a size thing) which is dumb and promotes hording. 
In truth it would be too hard for the devs to make a decay mechanism.  Maybe a tax based on U should be used.  As previously posted by someone in a different post, storage fees based on U might help this.  Of course what happens when you dont have NIC to pay?  Do they repo your stuff, yup.

First of all, the stupid *** is stupid.

Second, it would be extremely easy to make items decay. 

Third, your already taxed once.  You don't live in Merica' so you think tax is awesome, get out.

Forth, Get out.

Fifth, this is never going to happen and is laughable that I even typed this.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

First of all, the stupid *** is stupid.

I stopped reading at this as it set the precedence for your post.

+1 to the OP i think this will work great smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Celebro wrote:

There is something really wrong with the Scarab then I guess, if you are ok with the Scarab tank then you need to defend it like on beta and gamma.

I think scarab tank itself is not that wrong.

But I tell you what would happen:
You bring lwf scarab with some Mech to defend, bad guys bring assault bot to gank scarab and wait for your mechs to flag up to kill complete group by far larger group. Then wait two days and start crying on forums about bad guys ganking on alpha......

Been there seen that. Remember what happend when red NPCs could be pulled on alpha? STC started pulling some NPCs to gank player, CIR did revenge, story ended with patch after overall looses got that high, that Devs needed to react.