Re: Spark Teleports

Finnally, the number of alts does not "WIN" pvp any more, with certain changes ect ect.

This is a straw-man argument, so the problem does not get fixed.

Implement a CD, that is at least 23 hours, (Different TZ, With a Cooldown Skill).

The takeaway is more distance means more cooldown.  This "idea" from Rovoc is not new it was posted in a galaxy far far way, a long long time ago. 

Join these together in some form and this will start to stabilize PVP.  But remember Zoom the total cooldown must be over at LEAST at the minimum of 12 hours with skills.

I am Perpetuum.

To play Devils advocate. Why should there be a skill that effects the time of the cool down? this will only advantage older players over new ones.

smile

I think 8-12 hours cool down would work well.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

1,328 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-04-20 04:08:42)

To Alpha 1 = 5 min

To Alpha 2 = 2 Hours

To Beta = 4 Hours

To Gamma = 4 Hours

Adjust for future expansions and since this game mirrors another more successful game add something similar to "jump fatigue" for mobile/internal TP.

*** it.

Steal all of Steve's Ideas and call it a game.

Why have skills at all, this only gives the older players a advantage over the newer ones, we cant have that.

IT'S NOT FAIR.

Its a EP dump, you make the CD large enough, and the related skill small enough that it balances out to meet in the middle for little gain.  You know like, a majority of the other skills in the game.

This idea of allowing a jump every 4 hours keeps the idea that the entire world is your play ground every day. 

The player does not develop a attachment to a "area" as everything is open, and within a small timeframe away.  This needs to end, so that the players develop a attachment to a area, and PVP will start to balance out.

Now this brings up a entire host of different problems, but the first must come first.

I am Perpetuum.

Stop your tantrum!

The person who doesnt want this game to be Steve Jr brings over Steve's answer to their problems with null.

Sorry to break it to you but this game is already open and within a small time frame away, with or without SpT. The "attachment" you seek isnt achieved by limiting how a player can leave an area.

You just suggest, word for word, a exact system that Eve uses, and used their wording.

And yes, yes it is achieved by balancing how players move around the map.  Based on how PVP currently works and how it worked in the past.

I am Perpetuum.

Bump, oh and I won that argument.  I'm awesome.

I am Perpetuum.

The Americans are going to elect a new president before STP gets fixed

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

The Americans are going to elect a female president before STP gets fixed

*fixed that for you*

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If believe the prophecy, the 44th President of the United States will be the last. In other words, will never be fixed. smile

This will be in the next devblog too, but I wanted to put it out here: spark teleports will be removed as a whole once we're done with the teleport&highway rework of all islands.

They were introduced as a band-aid for long walk times, but with that being solved through "natural" ways, their negative effects will finally outweigh the positive ones.

1,337 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-26 20:12:32)

DEV Zoom wrote:

This will be in the next devblog too, but I wanted to put it out here: spark teleports will be removed as a whole once we're done with the teleport&highway rework of all islands.

They were introduced as a band-aid for long walk times, but with that being solved through "natural" ways, their negative effects will finally outweigh the positive ones.

finally.
i feel sorry for gamma base owners though... or not.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

\o/

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

Awesome. While I've grown very dependent on spark teleports, I fully support this change. Thanks!

Good change! *dual thumbs up* smile

Nice timing. How far are new Beta assignments?

Burial wrote:

My current prediction is Beta1 around mid-July and Beta2 at the end of it.

Dev Zoom I'm so proud of you!  So.. so.. proud of you.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Burial wrote:

My current prediction is Beta1 around mid-July and Beta2 at the end of it.

Sweet.  So Alpha 2s should be any day now?

I still think there should be spark teleports, even if the cooldown is a week.

Revert the last robot balancing change whilst you are at it big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

1,347 (edited by Perpetuum 2015-06-26 21:00:38)

Good Job.

I personally think all accounts should get one slot to use on one gamma only terminal, with a 24 hour Cooldown.

I am Perpetuum.

No.  Remove it completely so we can have nice things.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

WHEN? Do we have any idea on date?

Do you have any other BIG changes/surprise in your pocket Zoom?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

1,350 (edited by Goffer 2015-06-27 08:28:36)

If there is no spark from gamma to alpha, how much activity do you expect on gamma and due to what reason?
A player who produces and sells with same agent, will usually not step on gamma without spark.