1 (edited by Most Wanted 2015-04-19 16:38:19)

Topic: idea vs AFKers (botting)

warning: only for pve islands

When you are on the surface, each hour will be displayed dialog box. "Are you online?" The answer must be not only the button "yes" or "no", you need to enter a PIN code (captcha) 1 or 4 number.
if within 1 min you do not agree, you disconnect

example: http://i.imgur.com/m91ikMZ.jpg

ps period can be increased, 2 hours or 3 hours.

What do you think about this? or offer your own version.
(if you do not mind the AFK players, just ignore the subject.)

if you do not like what I write - do not read

Re: idea vs AFKers (botting)

lol

you are afraid that the AFK players come out of the game, and it will change price resources? enter captcha mission impossible? Explain that you laugh at suggestion.

Chemist wrote:

lol

Just @ Game

Show me at least one game with captcha. This is stupid.

5 (edited by Most Wanted 2015-04-19 16:00:21)

Chemist wrote:

Show me at least one game with captcha. This is stupid.

may be it stupid, but perpetuum not have other protection. devs? create protection vs afk players & botting farm smile

Maybe better will fight with those who sell for real money ICEs?

Do not need no protection here. 3 people played here. Islands empty. Farm where you want, where you want to dig, build where you want ... any problems?

Here I stand and ratting. And I have up window. At this point, the NPC is killing me ... Do you think I'll be happy about? And how do you distinguish me from the bot? Stop spammed stupid ideas...

Chemist wrote:

Here I stand and ratting. And I have up window. At this point, the NPC is killing me ... Do you think I'll be happy about? And how do you distinguish me from the bot? Stop spammed stupid ideas...

I spend time to farm. and someone just run the script and get away from the computer. this is good? stupid idea?

Cant beat, might join.

I am Perpetuum.

Stupid. The idea of a CAPTCHA - really stupid. Think of something else.

Chemist wrote:

another has long been invented. back observers to alpha. but that is why it did not do.

Just @ Game

BadAss wrote:
Chemist wrote:

another has long been invented. back observers to alpha. but that is why it did not do.

A good idea. But whiners will be against.

the new npcs will solve this big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Why do we need "new" npcs.

We already had OLD npcs called observers on alpha that completely fixed this "problem".

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

Why do we need "new" npcs.

We already had OLD npcs called observers on alpha that completely fixed this "problem".

there are no "non player characters", just dumb creeps with an AI on the level of first generation RTS games like "Dune" or "C&C1"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

When you talk about observers, how hard you talking about?  Will they Chase you till you're dead?  Will try hunt players down who have been on the map for an extended period of time?

I'm not against, I just want more info!  Therefore ... I need more details!  Feed me!

-Ensi